Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should the Bulls Enter the Mike Bibby Sweepstakes?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
How about we trade Kirk, & Griffin for Mike Bibby. I think Sacramento would do it.

Bibby had an off year last year but he's still a better PG than Kirk. Only problem his he makes more $ ($13.5 million this year & 14.5 million next year). But 2008/09 is his last year on contract. He can opt out after this year but I doubt he does. Not many team will have more than $13 million to give him in a long term deal.

The only question I have is would he play defense? I think he would. But as for the passing and shooting aspect he's definately 2 steps up from Kirk (even though he doesn't avg more apg for his career b/c I know someone's going to bring that up). Bibby is a clutch shooter that would work well next to Gordon.

I think Bibby would work great with Deng and Gordon. He'd give us a 3 headed attack similar to what Washington had. I also think Bibby would make Tyrus Thomas look better by throwing him some lobs every now and then. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to score less but I think he could average 18 ppg & 7.5-8 apg on the Bulls b/c we have Gordon/Deng/&Nocioni. All guys who catch and shoot. In Sacramento when he passes to Artest he doesn't get credit for an assist most times b/c Artest always tries to post or take his man off the dribble thus not creating an assist.

Anyway, if we can unload Kirk I'm all for it. Maybe we could even unload Wallace for Brad Miller but now I think I'm smoking something. Though that deal doesn't really do too much for us since their contracts both end at the same time.
Balta1701-B
I hate to admit it...but with the way Kirk has been playing lately, I'm forced to answer yes. I don't give up any of Gordon, Deng, Noah, or TT in a deal, but I'd have to be open to an upgrade at that position now.
madisonsmadhouse
Eh, it still doesn't solve the biggest problem the Bulls have... Post play.
ZoomSlowik
Bibby is essentially the same player as Kirk and actually makes MORE money. He does shoot better, but he's still not a penetrating PG and is a weaker defender, and is still out for a while with that thumb injury. If Kirk keeps playing like spiff it could make sense, but otherwise it doesn't really accomplish anything, and would likely cost us something of value.
TeaLeafReaderII
It would be like the Ben Wallace aquisition-chandler trade all over again.
Get rid of promising young player coming off a dip in production. For a more expensive, slightly better, older player clearly on the decline.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 28 2007, 10:42 AM) *
It would be like the Ben Wallace aquisition-chandler trade all over again.
Get rid of promising young player coming off a dip in production. For a more expensive, slightly better, older player clearly on the decline.

Hinrich turns 27 in January. Chandler was 24 going on 25 when we traded him.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 28 2007, 12:49 PM) *
Hinrich turns 27 in January. Chandler was 24 going on 25 when we traded him.

I still think Hinrich hasn't reached his peak... whiule Bibby has and has no where to go but down... especially when considering injuries.
Steve9347
Bibby's not the answer, he's fairly similar to Kirk.
sport1016
You really want Bibby starting out on SGs every game?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah I'd do it. Bibby is a better player than Kirk Hinrich but how long is he injured for?
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 28 2007, 04:51 PM) *
Yeah I'd do it. Bibby is a better player than Kirk Hinrich but how long is he injured for?

He's supposedly only injured until mid December. Maybe early January.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.