Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls sign Nichols
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txbu...t&type=lgns

Bulls sign F Nichols

December 7, 2007
DETROIT (TICKER) -- The Chicago Bulls signed rookie free agent forward Demetris Nichols prior to Friday's game against the Detroit Pistons.

Terms were not disclosed.

The 6-8 Nichols was waived by the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday after scoring two points and grabbing one rebound in three games.

ADVERTISEMENT

To make room for Nichols, the Bulls waived guard Thomas Gardner. He appeared in four games with Chicago this season and averaged 5.3 points and 11.3 minutes per game

i dont know about dropping gardner, he had some potential, but i dont know much about nichols so i dont know.
i think we should drop khyapa, i cant stand the guy.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wtf that makes no sense, Drop Crappa he is useless and he always will be. I liked Gardner.
Balta1701-B
Khryapa has a guaranteed contract and would have to be bought out completely. Gardner only got paid as long as he was on the roster. Khryapa would be useful later in the season as, if nothing else, a salary-throw in during a trade, if he was still around, to match salaries.
Wanne
Plus...the Bulls have James On Curry...so what's the point of keeping Gardner if he's not contributing?
Schalke
December 15th is right around the corner. Trade coming? Otherwise why else would we need another small forward?
ChWRoCk2
Interesting move, I loved him when he was at Syracuse, always thought he had tons of potential, he was big scoring threat while there and solid 3 point shooter.
MB33
i hope this is a move for something later on jermaine oneal or pau gasol
Steve9347
Dropping Gardner makes perfect sense as Nichols is a taller version of him. I actually really like this pickup, a guy who's 6'8" and can drop a three would be invaluable to this team.

Plus, I hear the Bulls really like him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He also can play a bit of the 2 spot. I see a little Tracy McGrady in him slightly. A guy that can score and use his length to his advantage on the defensive end. Hopefully he comes out and plays well in his first game here because Skiles almost always plays these guys in their first game as a Bull just to see what they look like.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 8 2007, 10:17 AM) *
He also can play a bit of the 2 spot. I see a little Tracy McGrady in him slightly.

banghead.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Dec 8 2007, 03:00 PM) *
banghead.gif

What? McGrady is 6'8 and can play the two, so can Nichols.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 8 2007, 03:53 PM) *
What? McGrady is 6'8 and can play the two, so can Nichols.

There's a sliiiiiight difference in ability between McGrady and Nichols. And he's not a 2-guard, he has very little ball-handling ability. But he's long and he can shoot, so he might be an asset. However, he was a bit jumper-happy throughout his college career, much like the rest of our team.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 8 2007, 11:03 PM) *
There's a sliiiiiight difference in ability between McGrady and Nichols. And he's not a 2-guard, he has very little ball-handling ability. But he's long and he can shoot, so he might be an asset. However, he was a bit jumper-happy throughout his college career, much like the rest of our team.

Ok, the first 6'8 SF/SG that comes to mind is McGrady which is why I said it. I'm not comparing their games.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 9 2007, 10:51 AM) *
Ok, the first 6'8 SF/SG that comes to mind is McGrady which is why I said it. I'm not comparing their games.

There are many other much shittier 6'8" guards to compare him to... the T-Mac one was ridiculous.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
It isn't ridiculous if you just understood what I said. There both 6'8 players that play the small forward and shooting guard position. THAT IS THE COMPARISON, jesus christ this isn't rocket scientist.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 9 2007, 05:39 PM) *
It isn't ridiculous if you just understood what I said. There both 6'8 players that play the small forward and shooting guard position. THAT IS THE COMPARISON, jesus christ this isn't rocket scientist.

lolhitting.gif
ChWRoCk2
Hes a Kyle Korver clone but black.

Thats what you shouldve said wink.gif

At least he always kind of resembled Korver to me.
Steve9347
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 10 2007, 07:43 PM) *
Hes a Kyle Korver clone but black.

Thats what you shouldve said wink.gif

At least he always kind of resembled Korver to me.

I'd happily take that as a FA signee.
madisonsmadhouse
The 15th man on our roster means so little... Does it really matter if Bozo the Clown himself is the 15th man?
sport1016
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Dec 11 2007, 09:10 AM) *
The 15th man on our roster means so little... Does it really matter if Bozo the Clown himself is the 15th man?

bozo is a 6'3 combo guard whose quickness makes up for his inability to be a consistent playmaker-he's a gilbert arenas, monte ellis clone

has he cleared waivers yet?
Steve9347
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:48 PM) *
bozo is a 6'3 combo guard whose quickness makes up for his inability to be a consistent playmaker-he's a gilbert arenas, monte ellis clone

I'd rather sign Cookie.
sport1016
hahahhahahahaha

i used to always cheat at the Bozo buckets game at chuckie cheese/showbiz pizza when i was a little kid...i'd just climb out to the bucket and drop it in...good times

and a shooting % any bull would kill their dog for right now
Steve9347
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Dec 11 2007, 03:37 PM) *
and a shooting % any bull would kill their dog for right now

23 months!
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:48 PM) *

If he was THAT good, he would haven't been searching for a job, or even a 15th man in the NBA. Real playmakers are hard to find.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
We should put Adrian Griffin on the inactive list and bring Nichols up today. He could show us something these next 2 games. Yesterday he could have seen some playing time because of the blow out and I'm seeing the same thing happening tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.