Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls need Chinese Power
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Michael Jordan
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/yijianlian.asp

We can pick LaMarcus with the 1st pick and then with the 15th pick we should select Yi. Yi would come off the bench and develop his game. What do you guys think?
syxx
Most of these International players have way to many question marks for me...Personally I think we are going to end up with Sheldon Williams...he seems like the Pax kind of player, and unlike the rest of the guys we drafted, he has a lot of experience already playing and can come in and help our frontline immediately...
Michael Jordan
QUOTE (syxx @ Apr 20 2006, 07:17 PM)
Most of these International players have way to many question marks for me...Personally I think we are going to end up with Sheldon Williams...he seems like the Pax kind of player, and unlike the rest of the guys we drafted, he has a lot of experience already playing and can come in and help our frontline immediately...

Noway Sheldon lasts until pick 15.
texsox
I'm not sold on him. Too many question marks for a first round pick. Huge upside if you want a gamble that may pay off three or four years down the road.
madisonsmadhouse
Where are you guys finding these people???? Anyways, this isn't a Paxon type pick. Think guys who went to big schools and played for disipline oriented coaches. We aren't going to pick a forgein players, I really believe that.
JPargo
Nah... Saer Sene OWNS Yi for sure
ZoomSlowik
This guy is not going to cut it. He tried to declare before and pulled out because no one liked him that much. I'll put it this way, he's such a non-prospect that ESPN's draft page doesn't even have a real profile on him, and he's not even in their top 100 prospects.
TeaLeafReaderII
that draft profile is from a while ago... if he has done anything these past few seasons... why hasn't anyone heard of him?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (texsox @ Apr 20 2006, 05:48 PM)
I'm not sold on him. Too many question marks for a first round pick. Huge upside if you want a gamble that may pay off three or four years down the road.

Most of the projections I've seen have Sheldon going somewhere in the early teens, so he could very well be there at 15. Who knows he could become a guy like Boozer (well a healthy Boozer).

Boozer wasn't highly touted but he had a very smooth transition to the pro's. Is horrificly overpaid thanks to his injury problems, but Williams wouldn't be a bad pick t go with a guy like Aldridge. I'd be very happy with that.

However with at least a few of the Florida guys staying in school, Williams will probably see his stock increase just a bit (even higher if some of the Euro guys don't enter).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20 2006, 06:15 PM)
Where are you guys finding these people???? Anyways, this isn't a Paxon type pick. Think guys who went to big schools and played for disipline oriented coaches. We aren't going to pick a forgein players, I really believe that.

Actually more and more teams are picking forieng players because they are more disciplined. Don't forget Pax brought over Noc and has done quite a bit of scouting over in the Euro leagues.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was at least semi interested in going the Euro route. If I were to guess, 25% of the league will be Euro born players within the next 10 years.

USA today article I read had a higher projection, but I don't think they will be accurate.
Jeckle2000
How many 7 foot Chinese guys are there?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Jeckle2000 @ Apr 21 2006, 01:27 AM)
How many 7 foot Chinese guys are there?

There are 1.2 billion people in China... I am sure there are a few floating around.
syxx
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 20 2006, 11:36 PM)
Actually more and more teams are picking forieng players because they are more disciplined. Don't forget Pax brought over Noc and has done quite a bit of scouting over in the Euro leagues.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was at least semi interested in going the Euro route. If I were to guess, 25% of the league will be Euro born players within the next 10 years.

USA today article I read had a higher projection, but I don't think they will be accurate.

While that may be true, Noc is a seasoned veteran in basketball...this yiyi guy is like 20...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 20 2006, 11:36 PM)

BIG difference between a guy who plays in Europe and internationally with those teams, and a guy who is in China. Also the Bulls brought Noc in as an undrafted free agent, people are asking if we should draft this Chinese kid with a middle first round draft pick... There is a lot more risk involved there.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21 2006, 08:45 AM)
BIG difference between a guy who plays in Europe and internationally with those teams, and a guy who is in China. Also the Bulls brought Noc in as an undrafted free agent, people are asking if we should draft this Chinese kid with a middle first round draft pick... There is a lot more risk involved there.

I was simply referring to the comments about how Pax won't go for an international player. I don't think were going to go for this guy, in fact I don't expect him to be drafted. He's not a draft prospect.
ChWRoCk2
We have had good luck with duke players so i dont see why taking sheldon wouldnt be so bad, id be for it.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Apr 20 2006, 07:11 PM)
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/yijianlian.asp

We can pick LaMarcus with the 1st pick and then with the 15th pick we should select Yi. Yi would come off the bench and develop his game. What do you guys think?

How Bout No?
BuLLzDoMaIn
Nah we dont need that big for nothing man. lol.

Hes real skinny. And 7feet and cant play center. Nah we can do better
bulls91
he looks like a player that we could use the olny thing is that you look at that picture and you see that he is skinny as hell and he will be pushed around in the paint all day if he is in the nba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.