Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per the Trib: Possible Bulls/Cavs trade
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
cars
Per Sam Smith on the Trib:

Bulls send Kirk and Wallace to the Cavs for Hughes and Gooden....

Not real sure if I hate or like this.
Steve9347
It was a reader-submitted trade idea that Sam Smith posted. There is absolutely zero merit to it.
eddog2
I hate to say it, b/c I would welcome many Kirk trade proposals, but I hate that trade. I'd love to get rid of Wallace's contract but that trade does nothing to make us a real contender.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
That rumor came out about 3 days ago.. Some guy on RealGm said he had sources that told him the trade was being "Discussed" but it was only talk. He is also one with alot of credibilitiy I guess cuz he called alot of things that have happened before..
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Dec 31 2007, 09:09 AM) *
It was a reader-submitted trade idea that Sam Smith posted. There is absolutely zero merit to it.

From the sounds of it Smith indicated that the reader must have some sort of legitimate insider information. Smith did say that he hadn't been able to verify it.

I'm all for dumping Wallace on anyone that would take him, but the Bulls would be getting absolutely hosed in that proposed deal since Hughes contract is as awful as Wallace and he's completely injury prone and than there is no way I'd deal Gooden for Hinrich (if you were to trade Hinrich you could do much better than Gooden, imo).

I'd be all for a deal involving Nocioni/Wallace/Sefolosha for Gooden/Hughes though.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 31 2007, 07:30 PM) *
From the sounds of it Smith indicated that the reader must have some sort of legitimate insider information. Smith did say that he hadn't been able to verify it.

I'm all for dumping Wallace on anyone that would take him, but the Bulls would be getting absolutely hosed in that proposed deal since Hughes contract is as awful as Wallace and he's completely injury prone and than there is no way I'd deal Gooden for Hinrich (if you were to trade Hinrich you could do much better than Gooden, imo).

I'd be all for a deal involving Nocioni/Wallace/Sefolosha for Gooden/Hughes though.

Although Hughes is a good player and gets shadowed by Lebron he's never proven to be a winner. I'd trade Nocioni & a 2nd round pick for Gooden (which they would likely never take), or I'd trade Tyrus & Smith and for Gooden & their 1st round pick (which would be mid to late teens).
ZoomSlowik
Ugh. Larry Hughes is an awful guy to have on your team and is even more overpaid than Wallace. He thinks he's a lot better than he is, he forces a lot of shots/drives because he thinks he is a go-to scorer (which he hasn't really been in 3 years, and even before that it was for only 2 injury-shortened seasons). He shoots just as low a percentage as Kirk on just as many shots (probably more if he plays on a team without Lebron), only he doesn't pass or play D. Putting him and Gordon in the same backcourt would be just disastrous, you'd have no D whatsoever and the offensive efficiency would take a dive. He gets hurt quite a bit too. Gooden has some pretty good talent but has never really worked hard and coasts a fair amount, especially on D. Plus it seems like he disappears every time you need him.

I'd much rather take Smith and his 9 and 5 in 10 fewer minutes than give up Kirk and kill the backcourt (not that I think Kirk is untouchable, but losing his ball-handling and adding Hughes' pathetic ass is brutal) to add a guy that gives you around 12 and 9 in 30 minutes. Cleveland would probably GIVE you Larry Hughes right now given his salary and the emergence of Daniel Gibson as a sniper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.