Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Joakim Noah Appreciation Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He seems to be the only guy on this team who has some balls and not a pussy. He if I may say so is pretty much the heart and soul of this team as a rookie. He stands up to this guy named "Big" Ben. Anybody else appreciate him as much as I do. I'm lovin this pick.
DutheDoduhon21
well thats good that he stood up to wallace, but i personally think it would be better if they were both gone, noah has too many problems, and dont get me started on wallace.
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 16 2008, 05:45 PM) *
He seems to be the only guy on this team who has some balls and not a pussy. He if I may say so is pretty much the heart and soul of this team as a rookie. He stands up to this guy named "Big" Ben. Anybody else appreciate him as much as I do. I'm lovin this pick.

I love his enthusiasm...but he's NOT the only guy. I actually respect Noc more than ANYBODY on this team. Hated the pick when they took him...but tell ya what...I'll take 5 Noahs on my team any day.
TTRUWITHME
good thread. this guy is going to be a leader on a team someday, i just hope its on the bulls. he is exactly the type of person they need for the long run. time to say goodbye to big ben and let noah and tt step up. if noah or tyrus play 30 minutes a game and cant match the production the bulls get out of ben and add some energy i would be amazed. let the kids play and turn into real players.
madisonsmadhouse
I'd appreciate it if he'd work as hard on the practice floor as he does at running his mouth. I hate to say this, but I would rather see Pax go back to making "safe" picks if this is what our high ceiling guys turn out like.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jan 17 2008, 08:29 AM) *
I'd appreciate it if he'd work as hard on the practice floor as he does at running his mouth. I hate to say this, but I would rather see Pax go back to making "safe" picks if this is what our high ceiling guys turn out like.

If our "Safe" picks are the only ones that hit the floor at all, then I agree.
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jan 17 2008, 10:29 AM) *

I'd say Noah is more of a safe pick than a high ceiling guy, and I don't think there's any question to it. I think at best he puts up 10 points and 10 boards and no one sees future all-star when they see Joakim (nor ever did).

Tyrus obviously fits the bill you describe, and he's bust-city.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Funny to the guy who changed the name of this thread.. rolleyes.gif

I appreciate the fact that he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to stand up to Wallace. Hell even Skiles or Boylan wouldn't do it.. This team is full of guys that don't have leadership qualities. Joakim Noah is the ONLY guy that has this and don't even begin to tell me different.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 17 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Funny to the guy who changed the name of this thread.. rolleyes.gif

I appreciate the fact that he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to stand up to Wallace. Hell even Skiles or Boylan wouldn't do it..

Skiles wouldn't even let Ben Wallace wear a headband. I think he stood up to him fine.
dasox24
I do like Noah's intensity, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he has grown on me. I absolutely hated him in college. Not sure of the details of his "blow up" last week, but that shouldn't have happened. Though, hopefully he has learned from that, and it won't be a problem again.
Balta1701-B
"Joakim and his personality is a positive for our team," Boylan said. "To me, he's just like a puppy. You get your puppy and you pet him, you play with him and he's fun. Then you wake up the next day and he ate your best pair of shoes. Once you deal with that, he's still your puppy and you love him."
Link
Wanne
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 19 2008, 07:21 PM) *
"Joakim and his personality is a positive for our team," Boylan said. "To me, he's just like a puppy. You get your puppy and you pet him, you play with him and he's fun. Then you wake up the next day and he ate your best pair of shoes. Once you deal with that, he's still your puppy and you love him."

Sounds like Billy Madison's answer.....
Thank you Ms. Lippy...
Balta1701-B

Steve9347
That Noah video is a phenomenal find.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jan 30 2008, 03:54 PM) *
That Noah video is a phenomenal find.

Pretty sure that's David Thorpe, btw, on the commentary.
Balta1701-B
Orlando Sentinel interviews Noah
Joakim Noah has spent his rookie season in the NBA riding a teeter totter. The past two days were just the latest example.

The former Florida Gator, who rode into the NBA on the crest of back-to-back NCAA titles, has found his first season with the Chicago Bulls to be anything but a smooth ride.

It's been more like a rough ride, a down for every up.

Although he has turned a tough start into a more-than-respectable finish, these back-to-back games against Miami and Orlando on Tuesday and Wednesday night showed both a flash of the good things he can do, and a hint of just how frustrating this season has been.

He was impressive against the Heat on Tuesday, getting 16 points and 13 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season. His energy around the basket -- five offensive rebounds -- showed why the Bulls originally wanted him.

He was not impressive Wednesday against the Magic, looking more like a fly pestering Magic center Dwight Howard than someone who actually could guard him. He literally was bouncing off the bigger and stronger Howard.

Mostly, he just fouled Howard, never getting a chance to find any rhythm because he was getting yanked back to the bench so often. He started but played only 17 minutes, getting two points and five rebounds.

"I've been through a lot in this rookie season," he said after Wednesday's game. "People know what I've been through, from not playing, to seeing guys traded, coaches fired, getting suspended, some good games, bad games. But the most frustrating part has been the losing. I'm not a winner anymore. I'm a loser. We're losing games."

The Bulls (30-48) were expected to be contenders in the Eastern Conference, but they became arguably the biggest disappointment in the NBA. The 115-83 pasting by the Magic was just the latest disappointment.

"Losing is like a disease," Noah said. "It's contagious. We're just not playing with a lot of pride, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. This isn't fun."

The Bulls lost for the fourth time in the last five games. In the loss to Miami, Noah was viewed as a bright spot. Against Orlando, there were no bright spots for the Bulls.

"Over the last month, he has started to figure it out," said Bulls Coach Jim Boylan. "Initially, he had a difficult time, but he's improved in a lot of areas, some basketball and some nonbasketball. The way he is finishing, I'd put him in the top five or six rookies this season."
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Signs of a true leader right there. How sad it is that he's a rookie and nobody even comes close to Joakim's leadership abilities.
SoxFan1
I will gladly say that Joakim has proved me wrong. I hated him in college. I hated the pick, but all he has done is work hard and play great. Probably the only one on the team to give 110% every night, no matter the situation. I'll give Pax some credit for this one.
DutheDoduhon21
I will gladly say that Joakim has proved me wrong. I hated him in college. I hated the pick, but all he has done is work hard and play great. Probably the only one on the team to give 110% every night, no matter the situation. I'll give Pax some credit for this one.

i feel the same way, i hated the pick when we selected him and i wanted anyone in the draft that wasnt joakim, but now that i see his work ethic, leadership and what kind of player and person he is i love the pick and happy he is a bull. he definently proved me wrong. he gives it everything he has every night and hates to lose, i appreciate any player like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.