Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The psychology of the Bulls organization
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Jason82807
Am I the only one who feels that the Bulls organization as a whole is too focused on the past? The Jordan years were great, but they're over. Do the Bulls still need to make sure every piece of paper they send out is foil-stamped with 6 NBA Championship trophies?

Even if Jordan was still on this team and magically became 15 years younger, the Bulls still couldn't win regularly with the rest of them team making bad turnovers.

I'm done rambling for now
Balta1701-B
I just don't see what you're saying as a problem. The only example you give is the 6 trophies on mailers, and for marketing purposes I might well do that too. But too focused on the past would mean to me things like holding on to a coach like bill Cartwright because he was part of those years, forcing someone like Stacy King or BJ Armstrong into the coaching role for that same reason, trying to find players of the same caliber, etc. Aside from Pax and Reinsdorf, I just don't see this.
TTRUWITHME
QUOTE (Jason82807 @ Jan 31 2008, 05:04 PM) *
Am I the only one who feels that the Bulls organization as a whole is too focused on the past? The Jordan years were great, but they're over. Do the Bulls still need to make sure every piece of paper they send out is foil-stamped with 6 NBA Championship trophies?

Even if Jordan was still on this team and magically became 15 years younger, the Bulls still couldn't win regularly with the rest of them team making bad turnovers.

I'm done rambling for now

umm sorry, but that really doesnt make sense. were you drunk when you typed this?
sport1016
FWIW if a 15 yr younger Jordan were on this team they'd be favorites to come out of the east...

not that that should be interpreted as a compliment to anyone currently on this "team"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.