Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: du punished again
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Add another item to the laundry list of issues the disappointing Chicago Bulls have had to face this season.

Guard Chris Duhon, who was benched for the Bulls' game against the Detroit Pistons Sunday for missing the team's morning shootaround, was disciplined a second time by general manager John Paxson for making flip comments about the punishment.
It's unclear what action Paxson took Monday, but it's expected Duhon will be benched a second straight game Tuesday when Chicago takes on the Utah Jazz.

"I did meet with Chris," Paxson said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. "We obviously talked it out. Obviously when things go badly, they go badly. I'm disappointed in what happened in the last couple of weeks, but ... I've dealt with it the way I feel was right and we'll move on from there."

During Sunday's telecast, it was revealed that Duhon had not received permission to attend Saturday's college basketball game between his alma mater, Duke, and North Carolina. He reportedly slept through the shootaround.

Duhon's response to the benching may have led to the second discipline.

"I don't play anyway, so it doesn't have that much of an effect on me," Duhon said, according to the Sun-Times.

Duhon later was interviewed on WMVP-AM 1000 and said he didn't expect to return to the Bulls next season.

"I probably won't be back," Duhon said, according to the newspaper. "I don't know what the summer has for me."
Balta1701-B
Seriously, it's time to buy his deal out & let him go to a contender.
dasox24
It's a shame b/c Duhon is a very solid backup PG, but there are just no minutes for him on this team. Especially with the way Thabo has come on...
DutheDoduhon21
Soap opera or not, this has been a season-long drama, and the Duhon episode wasn't the only twist within the past week. Tyrus Thomas decided to skip Wednesday's practice, drawing a two-game suspension from management, and rookie Aaron Gray reportedly mouthed off to Boylan during a game against Memphis last week.
dasox24
rookie Aaron Gray reportedly mouthed off to Boylan during a game against Memphis last week.

Well, that kind of surprises me. Aaron Gray is the last person I would have imagined mouthing off to a coach. I guess it depends on what he said b/c this could just be reporters trying to make something out of nothing. But, if it was a significant argument, I think that shows how bad things really must be in regards to how much the players dislike Boylan.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 13 2008, 09:49 AM) *
Well, that kind of surprises me. Aaron Gray is the last person I would have imagined mouthing off to a coach. I guess it depends on what he said b/c this could just be reporters trying to make something out of nothing. But, if it was a significant argument, I think that shows how bad things really must be in regards to how much the players dislike Boylan.

I think this team just started out the season as a personnel disaster, from the Bryant trade talk to the Gordon/Deng extensions, once they hit their first losing skid it started getting worse, and by the time December rolled around they'd totally tuned out Skiles and half of the other coaches and were each doing their own thing. And as the season kept going on it got worse, you had Wallace and Griffin doing their "We're important" act, the rookies pissed because they're hardly getting playing time, and then to top it off, you throw Jim Boylan in over his head and essentially let him drown while he's trying to save his job by reaching the playoffs.

I'm not sure what kind of coach this team needs, someone with a hard fist like Skiles might not sit well with the team again...but seriously, this team is desperate to have someone, anyone, actually stand up and be in charge.
Balta1701-B
Where's Duhon?
Chris Duhon sat on the bench in street clothes for the second straight game after not traveling to New Orleans because of illness. "He still has some symptoms from some things he has," Boylan said vaguely. Duhon isn't expected to play again this season after falling out of favor with management.
Link. I can't figure out why they wouldn't just come to some sort of buyout agreement so that he can move on to a contending team that needs a backup PG if he's not going to play another game.
CubbiesFan07
Bulls need to come up with a miracle to keep Duhon.

Past Bulls bench PG's

Randy Brown
Jannero Pargo
Bryce Drew
Khalid El-Amin
AJ Guyton
Travis Best

The list goes on and on since the dynasty came to a close. I'd much rather have Duhon as a backup PG than any of these other players mentioned here. In a couple of teams Duhon would be a starter, think of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.