Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front and Center in the NBA
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
With guys like Brook Lopez, Thableet, and Hibbert all looking to be high draft picks this year, it looks like this could be the year of the center going into the NBA... Who does everyone think will be the best of the lot? Any surprise names to watch for? Who will be the biggest flop?
Balta1701-B
So out of best centers going in to the NBA next year, am I allowed to pick Oden?
ZoomSlowik
Oden is in a totally different league than the guys in this draft...

I'm not totally thrilled with any of them. Hibbert is not going to do a whole lot. If a guy that big is not only still there his senior year but a borderline lottery pick at best, that's not a good sign. He just doesn't have the athleticism to be an impact player, he's basically Aaron Gray. Thabeet has the athleticism and size to make an impact, but he's still really raw. In college he can dominate with length and athleticism, in the pros he'll need to show more skills. Same with DeAndre Jordan, only he's having less of an impact. Both of them have potential, I just wouldn't expect to see them reach it all that soon.

Of the group I like Lopez the most by a wide margin. He's got a nice touch around the basket and seems strong and athletic enough to get the job done. He's not an athletic freak though, so can he still dominate like this at the next level? He should be an above average post man, but I said the same thing about Hawes last year. banghead.gif (though to be fair to Lopez, he's much more impressive physically)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.