Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play for the Lottery or Playoffs
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
RME JICO
3 games out with 11 to play. The Bulls are at the point where they can play to win and try to sneak in as the 8th seed (still unlikely with 3 teams to pass) or they can pack it in and setup for next year while giving some of the younger guys some playing time (Simmons, Brown, etc). Right now they would draft 9th and realistically could only move to about the 7th slot.

I know everyone hates the pack it in type of mentality, but this team seemed to pack it in a long time ago.
ZoomSlowik
There's really not a whole lot to gain either way. If they sneak into the playoffs they get stomped in the first round, and barring a major stroke of luck they're not exactly going to be picking from a collection of future all-stars in the draft. After #3 in this draft it's basically personal preference, and the odds of winning it go up less than 3% between 9 and 7.
dasox24
I guess I really don't care either way. I'll be happy if we make the playoffs, but if we don't I won't care. Like someone said in another thread, it's kind of a win-win situation.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs and if they did make it, then it would be a joke to the entire National Basketball Association. Our consolation prize could be OJ Mayo who will be within that 7-11 range of the draft IMO and would be a good fit here if we got rid of Gordon/Hughes.
Balta1701-B
Just play the kids and let the chips fall where they may. Play TT, Noah, and Thabo each 25-30 minutes a game, and if somehow they go on a winning streak so much the better, and if they lose, what have we lost? We piss off Gordon a bit more and he finds a sign and trade deal a bit faster this summer to get out of here.
DutheDoduhon21
i dont really think the team will make the playoffs, they cant even win 3 straight, i dont think the team believes they can make the playoffs either. i would like to see them make it but realistically it isnt going to happen. so id rather not make the playoffs and get a better lottery pick.
madisonsmadhouse
this is such a bad mash up team right now... You have a coach fighting for his job and trying to win now, along with a bunch of players who don't give a spiff and are trying to run up their statistics to hopefully get a ticket out of town. They should be looking at the lottery, but they won't because of the front office and upper management situations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.