TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
5 games in Iowa:

44% FG
41% 3FG
29.2 ppg
3.4 ast
7 reb

Just posted a 34 point 14 rebound 8 assist, 2 blocks and 1 steal game for Iowa in his fifth NBDL game.. Oh my, this kid is worthy of a spot on next years roster IMO.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 28 2008, 12:32 PM) *
5 games in Iowa:

44% FG
41% 3FG
29.2 ppg
3.4 ast
7 reb

Just posted a 34 point 14 rebound 8 assist, 2 blocks and 1 steal game for Iowa in his fifth NBDL game.. Oh my, this kid is worthy of a spot on next years roster IMO.

He's worthy of a spot if Duhon doesn't come back and if we don't sign any good free agents. Otherwise he's not tall enough and is too inconsistent for the roster. I like him and thought he'd be further along at this point in his NBA career but he simply hasn't developed a consistent jumper and he's a liability defensively.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 PM) *
He's worthy of a spot if Duhon doesn't come back and if we don't sign any good free agents. Otherwise he's not tall enough and is too inconsistent for the roster. I like him and thought he'd be further along at this point in his NBA career but he simply hasn't developed a consistent jumper and he's a liability defensively.

But he's explosive, and a tenacious slasher. I really like his game, even when he was in for the Bulls during that short stint I thought that he looked like he belonged out there. I'm not saying he'll be a stud but I could see him being a good guy off the bench for next season, especially for offensive purposes.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 28 2008, 06:32 PM) *
But he's explosive, and a tenacious slasher. I really like his game, even when he was in for the Bulls during that short stint I thought that he looked like he belonged out there. I'm not saying he'll be a stud but I could see him being a good guy off the bench for next season, especially for offensive purposes.

Well, here's my problem. How would you guys feel if our point guard rotation next year was Kirk Hinrich, JamesOn Curry, Shannon Brown? Yes, Brown's sort of in-between, but unless Hinrich can really return to his previous performance, that's how things set up right now. And the 2-guard slot is still 3-way overloaded with Thabo, Gordon, and Hughes there, so right now there's no minutes at all for Brown at that spot barring a big house cleaning there of 2 guys.

I still think that the best position to upgrade this team is at the 2 guard slots, PG in particular. I would love to see Thabo and Hughes being the 2 guard rotation with Thabo starting. I'm no longer sold on Hinrich as the answer at PG, and I don't think either of our other 2 guys is either.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 28 2008, 09:06 PM) *
Well, here's my problem. How would you guys feel if our point guard rotation next year was Kirk Hinrich, JamesOn Curry, Shannon Brown? Yes, Brown's sort of in-between, but unless Hinrich can really return to his previous performance, that's how things set up right now. And the 2-guard slot is still 3-way overloaded with Thabo, Gordon, and Hughes there, so right now there's no minutes at all for Brown at that spot barring a big house cleaning there of 2 guys.

I still think that the best position to upgrade this team is at the 2 guard slots, PG in particular. I would love to see Thabo and Hughes being the 2 guard rotation with Thabo starting. I'm no longer sold on Hinrich as the answer at PG, and I don't think either of our other 2 guys is either.

I have a hunch that Kirk Hinrich will not be the starting point guard next year for the Chicago Bulls. It may be Russell Westbrook from UCLA, that kid is cat quick. Hinrich just doesn't do much for me anymore, he obviously had a down year but he really isn't the true point guard that we need. But I guess I really can't see Gordon, Hughes, AND Hinrich gone by next season so maybe Kirk will stay here after all.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 28 2008, 10:12 PM) *
I have a hunch that Kirk Hinrich will not be the starting point guard next year for the Chicago Bulls. It may be Russell Westbrook from UCLA, that kid is cat quick. Hinrich just doesn't do much for me anymore, he obviously had a down year but he really isn't the true point guard that we need. But I guess I really can't see Gordon, Hughes, AND Hinrich gone by next season so maybe Kirk will stay here after all.

God, I hope not. Westbrook isn't really a PG yet, has a suspect jumper, and outside of transition buckets and a drive here and there he can't really create his own shot with consistency. At best he's a defensive stopper off the bench at the moment, he's probably less polished at the position than Rajon Rondo was when he came out. Yes, he could have a similar career arc, but asking him to start right away would be disastrous. If you draft him, you really need Hinrich or some other stop-gap as a somewhat respectable alternative for at least the first year. I like his potential, but he's just not a starter at the point right now.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 28 2008, 08:12 PM) *

I have a bit of trouble believing that the Bulls will go in to next season with Shannon Brown, JamesOn Curry, and a rookie at the PG spot barring a complete overhaul. I could certainly see them making a move for a point guard if someone put one on the trading market although no names come to mind, I could certainly see them drafting at that spot, but I don't see them drafting at that spot AND trading away Hinrich, because they'll want to keep at least one vet there. I mean, this team is probably young enough as it is, given that they're the youngest team in the NBA. Hinrich may not be living up to his contract, but he's hard to trade because of it, and he's about as much of a veteran as we have.
DutheDoduhon21
I have a hunch that Kirk Hinrich will not be the starting point guard next year for the Chicago Bulls. It may be Russell Westbrook from UCLA, that kid is cat quick
i like westbrook too, is stephen curry coming out this year? he has been amazing. i also like both of texas' Gs, augustin and abrams. how many picks do we have in the draft this year?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 28 2008, 08:32 PM) *
i like westbrook too, is stephen curry coming out this year? he has been amazing. i also like both of texas' Gs, augustin and abrams. how many picks do we have in the draft this year?

I am starting to get the feeling that one out of Gordon or Mayo may be around when we draft, but if both of those are gone, Augustin seems like an ideal fit for what we might want. And he's sort of expected to go at around that #10 spot, depending on workouts, randomness, and so on.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 28 2008, 10:32 PM) *

Curry is probably staying, as a 6-foot-ish SG it's hard to generate a whole lot of draft stock, even with his scoring abilities. AJ Abrams has the same problem, he's listed at 5'11" 155 on ESPN. blink.gif Augustin is a stud though, he'd probably be the #3 pick if he were 6'3". He should still be pretty solid though, possibly TJ Ford with a jumper. He's not as quick as TJ, but has a lot of the same skills and seems to penetrate without any difficulty.

Pretty sure we only have our picks.
SoxFan1
1.) I want DJ Augustin on the Bulls. Watching him, I get that "he's going to be something else" feeling like I did watching Deron Williams at UofI. He's TJ Ford with better passing skills and a better shot. A lot better shot.

2.) I think people really underrate Shannon Brown. If I'm not mistaken, he was a key role player for he Cavs and was averaging a little over 7 ppg when we acquired him.
DutheDoduhon21
I want DJ Augustin on the Bulls. Watching him, I get that "he's going to be something else
"
cant agree more. so we only have 1 pick this year?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.