Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: top 30 international players
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
3 bulls made the list, thabo should have too.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/columns/sto...=All-World-0708
10. Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls
Birth Date: 04/16/85
Born: Wow, Sudan

Position: Small Forward
NBA experience: 4 years
2007-08 PER: 16.98

17. Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls
Birth Date: 04/04/83
Born: London, England

Position: Shooting Guard
2007-08 PER: 16.38

21. Andres Nocioni, Chicago Bulls
Birth Date: 11/30/79
Born: Santa Fe, Argentina

Position: Forward
2007-08 PER: 13.72
Balta1701-B
I like his line about Nocioni where he's expressing faux surprise about another Bull having dropped further down the list from where they were a year ago.
SoxFan1
Wow, Sudan? Thats a real place?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 30 2008, 01:31 AM) *
Wow, Sudan? Thats a real place?

Actually it isn't. The person entering in Luol's demographics was just so suprised that Deng was from Sudan that he wrote "Wow, Sudan".
ZoomSlowik
Weird, when I click on it Gordon isn't on the list. Samuel Dalembert is #17 for me.
DutheDoduhon21
Weird, when I click on it Gordon isn't on the list. Samuel Dalembert is #17 for me.

wow that is weird i re-clicked it and it did the same for me, they completely removed gordon from the list. azubuike is number 30 and he wasnt on there before.
eddog2
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 31 2008, 05:55 PM) *
wow that is weird i re-clicked it and it did the same for me, they completely removed gordon from the list. azubuike is number 30 and he wasnt on there before.

The international game is getting better and better but it's still funny to see that that they don't even have 30 legit good players. They have to make stretches that this player or that player is really from another country when in reality a lot of them would consider themselves American first. Anyway, the international game is evolving and we are starting to get more good players from overseas but they still have a long way to go to catch up to US talent.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Apr 11 2008, 04:33 PM) *
The international game is getting better and better but it's still funny to see that that they don't even have 30 legit good players. They have to make stretches that this player or that player is really from another country when in reality a lot of them would consider themselves American first. Anyway, the international game is evolving and we are starting to get more good players from overseas but they still have a long way to go to catch up to US talent.

The other side of the token though is that the international game isn't necessarily played in the same way as the US game. Take a look at the olympics, we may have the best players every year, but if we're not equipped to play the style of ball that dominates in the international game, we get our tails handed to us. You see the same sort of thing in baseball, football, etc. Where Japan is more of an off-speed league than MLB where MLB the guy with the big fastball can dominate more. Or NFL versus the Arena Football league. Or MLB players and the WBC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.