Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celtics @ Bulls, 4/1/08
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
"Tyrus, Thabo, Joakim, I've decided that you guys are the future of this team. I'm playing you guys each for 30 minutes or more tonight, along with Lu. Get out there and perform and show us that you're worth these minutes."

-Boylan, this morning.
Balta1701-B
K.C. Johnson with some eloquence.
Boylan doesn't think a lack of conditioning contributes to Thomas' foul trouble.

"Some of it is just not being in the right position to defend people," Boylan said. "He's got to learn how to stay out of foul trouble. There are ways to be effective and not pick up cheap fouls."

Boylan also addressed the perception that Thomas is on a shorter leash than a Chihuahua. The questioner mentioned Andres Nocioni as someone who is allowed to play through mistakes.

"The body of work is the key factor in the difference between those guys," Boylan said. "When Tyrus does his work around the rim and he's active changing ends, he's an effective player. When he does that, he plays a lot."

Through a team spokesman, Thomas declined an interview request.
A shorter leash than a Chihuahua. That's a good one. I'm remembering that one.
Steve9347
This should be a close game.
Balta1701-B
7 point C's lead at halftime. Closer than I expected. Tyrus leading the Bulls with 12 points, Noah leading the Bulls with 7 boards, except for Thomas the Bulls having a terrible night from the field so far.
Balta1701-B
It may well not last, but the Bulls have given Tyrus and Noah meaningful minutes so far...and they're hanging a lot closer to the Celtics than they deserve to be.
Balta1701-B
Larry Hughes is 0/6 with 2 points...and he's played 20 minutes so far.
SoxFan1
Wow, when Tyrus Thomas is your only offense, you've got serious problems. I see BG dropped 6 in 5 minutes, why isn't he in over Hughes?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 1 2008, 07:37 PM) *
Wow, when Tyrus Thomas is your only offense, you've got serious problems. I see BG dropped 6 in 5 minutes, why isn't he in over Hughes?

We may have serious problems, but we're only down by 8 to the best team in the league after 3. I'll take it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 1 2008, 08:38 PM) *
We may have serious problems, but we're only down by 8 to the best team in the league after 3. I'll take it.

On the court for the Celtics:

Cassell
Allen
Pierce
Posey
Powe

Please stop trying to spin this into a "play the kids and we'll be really good!" situation.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I never will understand why Tyrus purposely fouled Cassell right there, IT MAKES NO SENSE! STOP FOULING!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 1 2008, 08:55 PM) *
I never will understand why Tyrus purposely fouled Cassell right there, IT MAKES NO SENSE! STOP FOULING!

He was getting playing time and wasn't in foul trouble yet so he panicked.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Hmm never thought Tyrus would be the leading scorer in the game with guys like Allen, Garnett, and Pierce playing.He displayed a nice array of shots today, if only this is the way he would play every night..
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 1 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Hmm never thought Tyrus would be the leading scorer in the game with guys like Allen, Garnett, and Pierce playing.He displayed a nice array of shots today, if only this is the way he would play every night..

Difficult to put up a nice array of shots when you're riding the bench most of the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.