Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NUMBER 1
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Chicago Bulls Franchise
OH MY freaking GOD
SoxFan1
THE BULLS FUICKING WON THE DRAFT LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! YES!
Steve9347
I really think Pax should take Beasley... but either will make me happy.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
WHO'D A' THUNK IT?!?!?!?! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
ben jordan
1.7% chance are you freaking kidding me?!?!
hinrich fan
ESPN.com forecast is correct...a BULL MARKET!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ben jordan @ May 20 2008, 05:44 PM) *
1.7% chance are you freaking kidding me?!?!

Better than the Odds Orlando got in the Webber draft.
Sanitarium
un-freakin-believable...

Miami has got to be pissed to the brink right now
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I also want to add "TAKE THAT D'ANTONI YOU #%$$!"
dasox24
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I just found out we got the #1 'cause I wasn't able to watch the lottery since I was driving. Just got home and I'm so excited right now! I can't even describe it. What a birthday present! Can't believe this just happened.
ChitownMan
I thought that they were insane when they announced after Charlotte got the number 9 pick and said we were in the top 3. Then to wind up with the #1 pick is just totally freakin' insane. Some body up above must be taking pity of this poor franchise. Now to decide on either Beasley or Rose is the question and either way it should improve this team to some degree!!!!!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 05:51 PM) *
I also want to add "TAKE THAT D'ANTONI YOU #%$$!"

At least I'm not the only one that thought that.
AtHomeBoy_2000
per conversations over at SoxTalk, I am sold on Rose. He's a better fit.
SoxFan1
...and assistant coaches across the NBA go wild.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ May 20 2008, 07:49 PM) *
un-freakin-believable...

Miami has got to be pissed to the brink right now

As stupid as this sounds the odds weren't really in their favor. They had some stat that only 4 times has the number 1 team gotten the number one pick.

They still should be excited with the number 2 spot.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20 2008, 06:09 PM) *
...and assistant coaches across the NBA go wild.

You've got to think this dramatically helps our coaching search.
Steve9347
To be honest, I only want Beasley bc I see it as more of instant gratification. Rose will take longer to be an impact player...

Either one is a win. If we had D'Antoni Rose would be the obvious choice, and he still may be... I'm just leary of taking a Chicago guy... cough Eddy Curry cough.

I like the way the team stacks up better with Beasley, because I think Kirk's stock has dwindled. I'll be happy either way.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 20 2008, 06:11 PM) *
I like the way the team stacks up better with Beasley, because I think Kirk's stock has dwindled. I'll be happy either way.

How does this make sense? Are you saying that you like things better with Beasley because we have to make a trade of someone to clear a spot for Rose or Beasley and you think that you'd get more by trading Tyrus/Deng?
AtHomeBoy_2000
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 20 2008, 08:11 PM) *
Either one is a win. If we had D'Antoni Rose would be the obvious choice, and he still may be... I'm just leary of taking a Chicago guy... cough Eddy Curry cough.

Curry was a stiff from day one. Dude, he lost to a Schaumburg team with no one on his level. He laied an egg and still hasn't shown anything.

However, i am a little worried of stress being the hometown guy.
dasox24
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 20 2008, 08:10 PM) *
They still should be excited with the number 2 spot.

Agreed. A core 3 of Wade, Marion, and either Beasley or Rose is pretty damn good, especially in the East.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd draft Rose and make a play to get another lottery pick like Portland did with Lamarcus and Brandon!!!!! We can do it!!
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:23 PM) *
I'd draft Rose and make a play to get another lottery pick like Portland did with Lamarcus and Brandon!!!!! We can do it!!

Well, it's not gonna happen, but for the sake of argument...

It's not a terrible idea if all we had to do to move up is get rid of Kirk/Tyrus/Nocioni or something b/c if we could get Rose/Beasley along with like Bayless/Brook Lopez/Gordon, then our team in 3 years would be sick. However, I think a ton of Bulls fans would hate the idea of going younger and sacrificing next year for the future. It would be a bad PR move for the Bulls.

Actually, if the Grizzlies couldn't get Brook Lopez, I feel like they'd welcome a trade of Tyrus, Ben Gordon, and Nocioni for their #5 and someone like Crittendon. This would give them a defensive low-post guy they need as well as a legit scorer at the guard position.

Just throwing that out there...
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:23 PM) *

That's the only way I'd take Rose...otherwise I think you HAVE to take Beasley. When's the last time the Bulls had a big man with a huge scoring presence...which has been a thorn in this team's side for quite a while. Why not take Beasley and still work up into the 7-10 range and go after Augustin.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Wanne @ May 20 2008, 08:35 PM) *
That's the only way I'd take Rose...otherwise I think you HAVE to take Beasley. When's the last time the Bulls had a big man with a huge scoring presence...which has been a thorn in this team's side for quite a while. Why not take Beasley and still work up into the 7-10 range and go after Augustin.

When is the last time the Bulls have had a superstar point guard?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 20 2008, 08:34 PM) *
Actually, if the Grizzlies couldn't get Brook Lopez, I feel like they'd welcome a trade of Tyrus, Ben Gordon, and Nocioni for their #5 and someone like Crittendon. This would give them a defensive low-post guy they need as well as a legit scorer at the guard position.

That's entirely too much to give up IMO.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:37 PM) *

Norm van Lier?
RME JICO
What awesome news after this disappointing season.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20 2008, 08:38 PM) *
Norm van Lier?

Yeah.. In other words, there hasn't been many. I think in this league right now its essential that you have a great point guard and then a great center. You saw in these playoffs how much better Chris Paul makes everyone else. Without him Peja Stojakavic would be nothing and same with Tyson Chandler because they can't create their own shots. Derrick Rose makes everyone else on his team better because he puts SOoooooo much pressure on the defense to guard the paint because there isn't a person in the world capable of staying with Rose and his dribble. Thats just my personal take..
Chi-town23-33
What's up guys? Long-time no see. Senior in high school here, so I've been neglecting the boards.

Anyway, I had good vibes all day. It was my last day of classes, so had that working in my favor. The actual draft happens on my birthday, so that was another plus. I had been saying we would get a top 3 pick, but I didn't expect this! I'm so high right now!

I would totally take Rose without thinking twice. But the great thing about this draft is that you can pick Rose or Beasley and not be an immediate f*ck up.

Go Bulls! bullssmilie1.jpg Although I'll miss most of the games while in college mecry.gif
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:37 PM) *

I see your point...but that means projecting Rose will be as good as Paul, Deron, etc....
I still think you take the more sure thing in Beasley. Just my opinion...
Steve9347
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 20 2008, 08:13 PM) *
How does this make sense? Are you saying that you like things better with Beasley because we have to make a trade of someone to clear a spot for Rose or Beasley and you think that you'd get more by trading Tyrus/Deng?

It makes sense because given the tools, Kirk can still be a decent PG in this league. Hell, one could say he's never had a big man to throw the ball down to for easy buckets. As much as we say Rose would help our bigs, that's how much Beasley would help our smalls.

Seriously, we've spent HOW MANY SEASONS wishing for a legit NBA superstar who can score down low? And we're going to pass on that to get a PG because he MIGHT help out Tyrus? Come on now. We have no one on our team with the talent of David West or Carlos Boozer... sure, CP3 and Deron Williams make them better, but they are still damn good.

I think the Bulls with Beasley will be better than the Bulls with Rose.

I may be wrong, and to be honest, I'm extremely happy regardless of whom we take. However, this is going to be a VERY-much argued topic right up until we hear the picks announced (or Pax says who we're taking).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Yeah.. In other words, there hasn't been many. I think in this league right now its essential that you have a great point guard and then a great center. You saw in these playoffs how much better Chris Paul makes everyone else. Without him Peja Stojakavic would be nothing and same with Tyson Chandler because they can't create their own shots. Derrick Rose makes everyone else on his team better because he puts SOoooooo much pressure on the defense to guard the paint because there isn't a person in the world capable of staying with Rose and his dribble. Thats just my personal take..

Stojakovic had Mike Bibby back in SAC, and he isn't the most prolific passing PG. You' don't give Peja enough credit. Chandler, on the other hand, has nearly all of his buckets come off of alley-oops.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 20 2008, 08:49 PM) *
It makes sense because given the tools, Kirk can still be a decent PG in this league. Hell, one could say he's never had a big man to throw the ball down to for easy buckets. As much as we say Rose would help our bigs, that's how much Beasley would help our smalls.

Seriously, we've spent HOW MANY SEASONS wishing for a legit NBA superstar who can score down low? And we're going to pass on that to get a PG because he MIGHT help out Tyrus? Come on now. We have no one on our team with the talent of David West or Carlos Boozer... sure, CP3 and Deron Williams make them better, but they are still damn good.

I think the Bulls with Beasley will be better than the Bulls with Rose.

I may be wrong, and to be honest, I'm extremely happy regardless of whom we take. However, this is going to be a VERY-much argued topic right up until we hear the picks announced (or Pax says who we're taking).

The thing is, if we select Rose, it's an absolute certainty that there will be some trades made. You can't automatically assume that just because we pick Rose with the current roster that he'll be playing with the same players when the season comes.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 20 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Gordon can't be traded before the draft.
Steve9347
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20 2008, 08:54 PM) *
The thing is, if we select Rose, it's an absolute certainty that there will be some trades made. You can't automatically assume that just because we pick Rose with the current roster that he'll be playing with the same players when the season comes.

That's true. I just have that history of Pax being too scared to make a move...

Regardless, this is the shiiiiit. I really can't believe it.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 20 2008, 08:10 PM) *
You've got to think this dramatically helps our coaching search.

I don't think so. The only coach it might have swayed is D"Antoni and it is too late for him. Everyone else should be chomping at the bit for a 4 million dollar a year job with a team full of hard workers that aren't as bad as their record last year. All in the third largest market where a good agent can have supplementing your income with commercials.

Unless Pax is looking at grabbing some college coach that has been waiting for a perfect situation.
Steve9347
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 20 2008, 09:09 PM) *
I don't think so. The only coach it might have swayed is D"Antoni and it is too late for him. Everyone else should be chomping at the bit for a 4 million dollar a year job with a team full of hard workers that aren't as bad as their record last year. All in the third largest market where a good agent can have supplementing your income with commercials.

Unless Pax is looking at grabbing some college coach that has been waiting for a perfect situation.

You forgot to add who just lucked into the #1 overall pick in a draft with two can't miss superstars.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 20 2008, 09:09 PM) *
You forgot to add who just lucked into the #1 overall pick in a draft with two can't miss superstars.

Well tonight, I thought that would be assumed... I'm so freaking happy.
TeaLeafReaderII
Think Memphis will try to tank again next year?
chilord
*still in shock*

This is insane, I love it!
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 20 2008, 08:54 PM) *
Gordon can't be traded before the draft.

Good point. Scratch that idea...
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20 2008, 08:38 PM) *
That's entirely too much to give up IMO.

Yeah, I agree with you. I wouldn't make that trade, but I was just throwing some stuff out there from the Grizzlies perspective since I'm in Memphis and hear plenty of the radio guys talk about how they need a low-post defensive presence and a guard that can score, and the Bulls have both of those to offer.
BigEdWalsh
WOW! I just got home from work. This is absolutely awesome!! I would lean towards wanting Beasley but if it's Rose then that ain't so bad either, especially since either way this is way better than expected.
DutheDoduhon21
this is crazy. i was sitting at the sox game tonight and they annouced it over the PA. i thought i heard them wrong, but it showed up on the big screen bulls # 1 pick. draft b-easy.
soxfan3530
Does anyone else think that this is the a great thing for Paxson and a bad thing. I mean, getting the first pick with a 1.7% chance is frickin fantastic. But now, expectations are that much higher. His legacy and job are on the line even more than they were. Not only with who to pick (cough, Rose, cough) but I think that who ever they take, moves will needed to be made to fill out this roster. If Pax doesn't manage to kill this offseason and make this team an immediate contender and make the most of this situation, there is no bouncing back or letting the glory days rep save you.
dasox24
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 21 2008, 12:32 AM) *
Does anyone else think that this is the a great thing for Paxson and a bad thing. I mean, getting the first pick with a 1.7% chance is frickin fantastic. But now, expectations are that much higher. His legacy and job are on the line even more than they were. Not only with who to pick (cough, Rose, cough) but I think that who ever they take, moves will needed to be made to fill out this roster. If Pax doesn't manage to kill this offseason and make this team an immediate contender and make the most of this situation, there is no bouncing back or letting the glory days rep save you.

Getting the #1 pick absolutely puts more pressure on Paxson. He needs to make this offseason count if he wants to get back in the good graces of Bulls fans. Right now I don't think many fans have much faith in him to make the moves needed to become a true contender.
GreatScott82
First off I would like to say that i was watching the draft lottery and couldn't believe what I have seen.... A 1.7% chance of winning it and sure enough... I thought for sure we would be the #9 pick and then I saw a Bobcat logo... then the announcer said we automatically are in the top 3. I was like WHAT!! Then when Minny took that 3, i was like NO WAY! Than the #2 goes to the Heat.... Me and my little brother were jumping up and down like it was 1998 and Jordan hit that shot again.... (10 years ago this summer BTW). What a great feeling and a great oppurtunity to turn things around QUICKLY this offseason. I say you go with Rose, a go-to guy who can defend and has undefendable offense in the paint at full speed... He's a true floor general.. something the Bulls have been missing since M.J. and Pip. And with that low post worry, use our chips to aqcuire Elton Brand. We have a lot of them (Hughes, Hinrich, Thomas, Noah, Noc, Gordon(sign'n'trade), Gooden), that is more than enough to get Brand back in a Bulls uniform this summer.
Steve9347
Chad Ford's mock
SoxFan1
Paxson indicated Rose and Beasley are the only two players Chicago will work out for the No. 1 pick, perhaps an indication that he’s not looking to trade down in the draft. And he said he feels no pressure to take Rose, the hometown product.

Paxson said he’ll follow the example that Orlando and Portland set in recent years. Both teams took their time deciding which player to take with the top pick—the Magic choosing Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor in 2004 and the Trail Blazers taking Greg Oden over Durant.

“The great thing right now for us is that the pool of people to consider at that spot is really narrow,” Paxson said. “So we could really spend the time we need to spend to find out.”
Steve9347
That quote right there is encouraging. I won't be disappointed with whomever Pax takes, as long as he does not trade the pick and takes his time deciding.

He'll take the best player for this team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.