Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I say you must take Rose
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
cars
I have an ego, so I had to start this as a new topic:

I watched a lot of Memphis ball this year (my wifes family is from down there), and Rose was sick. It's the little things he does from top to bottom that make him the pick to me. And I will not be upset with Beasley, but I truthfully think that with his character concerns the Bulls don't look at him.

ESPN Insider calls him a combination of CP3 and Williams. D'Antoni calls him Jason Kidd with a Jumper. He gets out and plays defense and is physical. He's also so quick to the hole.

Not trying to compare that much to CP3, but...look at the effect a good point guard had on Tyson Chandler. Yes, he always got rebounds and was a defensive player. But playing with CP3 made him a double-double threat. Now imagine what a point guard that can penetrate will do for Tyrus (Especially when coupled with him working out with Thorpe) and Noah.

Kirk Hinrich is not a point guard. He is one of the worst penetrators I've seen. He's got no handle. I like Kirk as a player, and as a bench guy coming off as a combo guy he works. Or paired with a bigger point guard. But he's not a true point.

You know who instantly becomes better with Rose, aside from Noah and Thomas? Deng. Since he is not athletic enough to create his own shot consistently, he needs a good point guard to help him. Imagine his stats hitting 15-18 footers wide open after Rose penetrates? Should be good.

You draft Rose and don't worry about it ever again.
TeaLeafReaderII
is it too late to renew your season ticketes smile.gif
cars
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 20 2008, 09:10 PM) *
is it too late to renew your season ticketes smile.gif

I'm still glad to have that cash on hand. They'll make a step next year, but I won't regret not paying more money for a 33 win team smile.gif

But I am very happy.
Sanitarium
another thing to factor in is Rose is the hometown kid... and no matter what that is going to sell tickets just like LeBron did with CLE.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ May 20 2008, 09:20 PM) *
another thing to factor in is Rose is the hometown kid... and no matter what that is going to sell tickets just like LeBron did with CLE.

The only difference is that Cleveland wasn't drawing any fans. The Bulls sell out every game no matter what. The Bulls will go with whoever they think is the best player after all their pre-draft workouts/analysis.
scs787
I think you further elaborated on my post in the Poll thread....so of course i agree with everything you said
Chicago Bulls Franchise
With Beasley, he won't make any of the other inside players better which is partly okay because he's good enough as it is to dominate down low, but Rose makes others better. He will never score as much as Beasley does but how long has it been since the Bulls have had a legit team leader that is on the level Rose is? Jordan?

Like another poster said before, if we take Rose I think there will be alot of trades coming. We will try and bring in another shooter and probably a center or power forward to go to down low instead of Gooden.

With Beasley, that means he will start at power forward as Tyrus comes off the bench. He instantly becomes our first scoring option and our best rebounder. That still leaves room for trades, potentially Tyrus Thomas, Gordon, or Kirk to make room for a better guard.

We have many options and all of them are good!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Like another poster said before, if we take Rose I think there will be alot of trades coming. We will try and bring in another shooter and probably a center or power forward to go to down low instead of Gooden.

With Beasley, that means he will start at power forward as Tyrus comes off the bench. He instantly becomes our first scoring option and our best rebounder. That still leaves room for trades, potentially Tyrus Thomas, Gordon, or Kirk to make room for a better guard.

I think there have to be trades coming, but I think you've got them backwards. If we draft Rose, I think we need to clear space in our backcourt...that gives us 5 guards with a claim on minutes, while Aaron Gray is still our backup C and Gooden is in a walk year. On the other hand, if you draft Beasley, that gives you a log jam of 4 high draft picks pushing for playing time in 3 spots in the frontcourt with Gooden on the bench and Gray still hanging around along with Noc and his contract, so that's 6 guys fighting for minutes in 3 spots.

If you draft Beasley, I think you try to package Tyrus or Deng (depending on the whole contract thing) and a Shooting Guard or 2 for someone to strengthen your backcourt, esp. at Point Guard, where Hinrich is sitting as the sole option.

If you draft Rose, you have added to your backcourt logjam, and you have to at least move 1 of those guards, maybe 2 if you can find a taker for Hinrich, and at the same time you might look for depth or strength on your front line (i.e. Include Gooden as an expiring contract and try to wind up with a major scoring threat.
ZoomSlowik
Either way things get a lot better, I really don't see how you can go wrong. Rose helps you push the tempo more, greatly improves your driving ability, upgrades your D (yes, over Kirk, even when he wasn't getting called for fouls) and should create more open jumpers for everyone. Beasley gives you a legit #1 option that should be putting up 20 a game in fairly short order, a major mis-match at the 4 that can score inside and out, and a guy that should also draw a lot of attention from your perimeter players. He could end up as a major asset on D with his athleticism and leaping ability as well as time goes on. Either way you get a stud.
daa84
i rarely post over here (soxtalker at heart) but i keep an eye on it usually....

Here is my take. i am fine taking rose and I am happy with either guy, but I would hope if we take Rose, that we take Rose for Rose, and not because of Deron williams or CP3. I personally have alot of questions about Rose's ability to shoot the ball. No doubt he is a freak athlete who will be able to get to the hoop ala tony parker, but for a guy who projects to be such a great distributor, wouldnt you want to average more than 4.7 apg? (good for 90th in the country last year) Especially when that team was LOADED with talent around him and played in a joke conference.

On the other hand Beasley averaged 26.5 ppg (rose's high was 27) and led the country in rebounding when everyone knew he was getting the ball. (he put up 39 and 11 on the national champ Kansas jayhawks late in the year) Beasley also shoots 38% from the arc to Rose's 34% (at 34 he'll fit in quite well with larry hughes)
Steve9347
I'm thinking it's going to be Rose.

Who the fish cares, we're the luckiest bastards in the history of the NBA Lottery.
GreatScott82
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 21 2008, 09:57 AM) *
I'm thinking it's going to be Rose.

Who the fish cares, we're the luckiest bastards in the history of the NBA Lottery.

Your damn right... it was seriously a blessing to have had a terrible season (a season in which many analyist picked us to win the Eastern Conference Finals this year). A season where the head coach gets fired on Christmas Eve. A season where the guy they gave 15 million/season just 2 summers ago (Ben Wallace) gets traded. A season where EVERYONE UNDERACHIEVED, a season where a rookie seemed like the only vocal leader the team had (Noah). A season where Deng and Gordon rejected fantastic contract offers, than proceeded to have down seasons to lower the value. A season where Boylan had his players lead the team, than said he was 'in control' and got into confrontations with Duhon, Thomas, Nocioni, Hinrich and Gordon. A season that left the team without a coach at the end. And as soon as we think we got our new coach (D'Antoni), he 'missiles' us and goes to our rival Knicks, leaving the team still coachless..... A team that appeared to be in a complete mess and had no hope for any major improvements got the break of the decade on Tuesday... The Bulls will get the #1 pick of the draft. It will be a guy the Bulls can build around and compete with for many years.... the Bulls are not only back, but if Pax plays his cards right this offseason, we can be instant contenders..... So yes steve, the Bulls are the luckiest bastards alive and i am very greatful. So the disaster known as the 2007-08 Chicago Bulls, wasn't a complete waiste afterall....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.