Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Idea
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
urlacher1285
Bulls draft Derrick Rose

Trade with Miami for the #2 pick along with 2-3 future 1st rounders.

We select beasley

History: 1994 NBA draft w/ Golden State and Orlando.

Thoughts?
SoxFan1
This will never, EVER happen.
ChWRoCk2
Ummm.......Miami would never do this, both players are a need for them.

Of course I would love this but a nice thought.
Balta1701-B
Honestly...no, I wouldn't do this. The Bulls just really don't need "More" draft picks right now. They're the youngest team in the NBA and they're about to use the #1 pick on a guy who just finished up his Freshman college year.

Yes, you can trade picks, but still...having 2 mid to late first round picks next year doesn't make us better, ditto a couple years from now. If you want to trade the pick, then trade it for a big name player.
urlacher1285
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 20 2008, 09:22 PM) *
Honestly...no, I wouldn't do this. The Bulls just really don't need "More" draft picks right now. They're the youngest team in the NBA and they're about to use the #1 pick on a guy who just finished up his Freshman college year.

Yes, you can trade picks, but still...having 2 mid to late first round picks next year doesn't make us better, ditto a couple years from now. If you want to trade the pick, then trade it for a big name player.

We still can pick up Beasley though. I don't think Miami is a playoff caliber team next year. but the east sucks so who knows.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (urlacher1285 @ May 20 2008, 07:49 PM) *
We still can pick up Beasley though. I don't think Miami is a playoff caliber team next year. but the east sucks so who knows.

If Wade is healthy, then that's a playoff caliber team in the East with him alone. Add in Marion and Haslem as 2 decent building blocks, and they ought to at least make the playoffs no matter what Rose/Beasley does.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd do it but Miami wouldn't. That's alot of picks were giving up though but we get two sure things in Rose and Beasley that we will be set for a good 5 years minimum.
ZoomSlowik
Seriously unlikely, I can't see them giving up multiple 1st rounders to make sure they get Rose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.