Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Duhon lead the Bulls?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
CubbiesFan07
I personally am a big Duhon fan, seeing how he plays when he's given the time he deserves and effort of the players around him. He's a smart ball-player with great ball-handling skills. Doesn't score a ton of points, but if we draft Beasley we don't need our PG to shoot a lot of points. He can be sort of a Rajon Rondo type of PG, doing all the hard work for the team, while scoring is a 2nd part of his playstyle.

Will he even sign for next year after the way he was treated too. But if we can get a solid PG we can fill in that big man position for scoring that we've been lacking since Brand left.

Point being, can Duhon be a starting PG for the Bulls if they re-sign him to next year.
ZoomSlowik
Please no. He doesn't really do anything Hinrich doesn't, he's not exactly a great finisher either and isn't as good a shooter. In extended minutes when you're regularly depending on him to produce I just don't see him being as productive, he'd have to force things a bit more and couldn't split ball-handling responsibilities with the other guards as much. As a backup guy he's a pretty good fit, unless you have someone like Kobe or Lebron that handles most of the scoring/playmaking I just don't really see him as a starter.

The one thing on his side is apparently the players are on his side, don't remember where I read it but supposedly they were un-happy that his role reduced as time went on.
DutheDoduhon21
i dont think duhon could lead the bulls but i think he should be back in a bullls uniform.
dasox24
I would absolutely welcome back Duhon if we get rid of Hinrich and/or Gordon/Hughes, and draft Rose. We'd need a solid, vet PG to backup Rose.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
maybe as our 2nd or 3rd string backup, but definitely not as a starter.
Steve9347
I'm having a hard time not deleting this thread.
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 21 2008, 01:57 PM) *
I'm having a hard time not deleting this thread.

lol
Balta1701-B
I really got the impression that out of all the players, Duhon was the one who's bridges had actually been burned. Between reports of his partying for the last couple years and his (entirely reasonable) loud complaining over his totally random playing time, I think he'd probably like a fresh start, and so would the team.
Sanitarium
If I had could cut one player from the Bulls roster, it would be Duhon in a heartbeat.
cars
Yeah, we definitely want a guy with a 38.7% career shooting percentage to be our starting point guard. A guy who shot 25.7% for the entire month of January is an ideal starting caliber point guard in the NBA.
bschmaranz
He's burned too many bridges.... HE GAWN!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 24 2008, 12:14 AM) *
He's burned too many bridges.... HE GAWN!

Good to see you back around here man. The quote in your PJ Brown sig is ingrained in my memory.
madisonsmadhouse
It would take a miracle for Duhon to even be a Bull next year, let alone lead the Bulls to anything.
DutheDoduhon21
i was watching some video on espn.com and they said part of the conflict with the bulls was the players thought duhon was the best point guard on the bulls and they were upset he wasn playing over hinrich. i dont know how much truth there is to that but it seems like neither of them will be back this season.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
If Rose is the pick, both of those guys could be gone but Duhon is the cheapest so he is the likeliest to stay.
Steve9347
I'd love for Duhon to be a backup point guard to Derrick Rose, but it ain't gonna happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.