Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official "I will kill myself if...."
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I was just watching Rome is Burning and one of the guys in "The Forum" mentioned the Bulls should TRADE the pick and it got me thinkin.. What kind of things would absolutely send you over the ledge if they happened to this organization?

My list goes as such..

I would kill myself if..

- The Bulls trade the number 1 overall pick

- They don't draft either Beasley or Rose

- Nocioni is on the team by the beginning of the season

- We hire an old retread coach like JVG, John Lucas, etc..

- I hear one more thing about Jermaine Oneal coming to Chicago
Sanitarium
-Duhon isn't released

-we somehow end up drafting OJ Mayo

-we make a trade similar to the aldridge/TT trade
rangercal
-we let Gordon Walk and get NOTHING
-we have a logjam at every position
-Larry Hughes is a starter on the 08-09 Bulls
-we Sell Low on TT
-Rose has to share minutes with Hinrich
Balta1701-B
We trade the pick for anyone not named Lebron, Dwayne, or Kobe.

We trade down past #2.

We draft either Beasley or Rose but make no other trades and no other changes and they get stuck in the Tyrus or Noah slot where they are lucky to get 10 minutes in a game, while we run out lineups with Gooden, Noc, Hughes, and Hinrich all season.
Steve9347
I'm going to stick with

"... we trade this pick"
eddog2
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21 2008, 06:06 PM) *
-we let Gordon Walk and get NOTHING
-we have a logjam at every position
-Larry Hughes is a starter on the 08-09 Bulls
-we Sell Low on TT
-Rose has to share minutes with Hinrich

I really like yours. But I have to add a few.

- If we let another team make the big deal this off-season and make some lame excuse why we didn't pull the trigger
- We trade Ben Gordon, Nocioni, or both for the 3rd pick or some other pick and we take Brook Lopez instead of OJ Mayo (I'd love to add Mayo & Rose).
- We don't get Gordon or Deng signed to extension (which copies your original post)
- If we draft Rose and he gets caught riding a motorcycle
- If I wake up tomorrow and this all was a dream
rangercal
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 22 2008, 12:29 AM) *

- If we let another team make the big deal this off-season and make some lame excuse why we didn't pull the trigger
- We trade Ben Gordon, Nocioni, or both for the 3rd pick or some other pick and we take Brook Lopez instead of OJ Mayo (I'd love to add Mayo & Rose).
- We don't get Gordon or Deng signed to extension (which copies your original post)

I would include Deng , but I think that it is a given that he is not going anywhere unless it's a sign and trade. It's Gordon that I'm worried about. Some people seem to think he we should just let him walk, I hope Paxson matches any offer if we can't trade him for fair value.
soxfan3530
I like everyones picks. I'll add:
"We draft rose or beasley and make no further moves."
eddog2
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21 2008, 06:44 PM) *
I would include Deng , but I think that it is a given that he is not going anywhere unless it's a sign and trade. It's Gordon that I'm worried about. Some people seem to think he we should just let him walk, I hope Paxson matches any offer if we can't trade him for fair value.

I'm glad I have another Gordon fan on the site. I like the comment you made on the Kirk Bye Bye post about switch the names and you'll be right. That made me laugh.

Anyway, if Paxson is stupid enough to let him walk for nothing, then he should be fired. I don't think Gordon will be receiving any offers that he truly likes in the off-season. Hopefully, that will lead to him either deciding to stay with us and sign a reasonable contract. If he doesn't want to stay maybe we can get something of great or decent value in a sign and trade package with him as the centerpiece. The positions that the Clippers need the most help are PG and SG. Those are the 2 positions that we will be trying to unload. I'd take either Brand or Kaman from their lineup.
rangercal
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 22 2008, 01:00 AM) *
I'm glad I have another Gordon fan on the site. I like the comment you made on the Kirk Bye Bye post about switch the names and you'll be right. That made me laugh.

Anyway, if Paxson is stupid enough to let him walk for nothing, then he should be fired. I don't think Gordon will be receiving any offers that he truly likes in the off-season. Hopefully, that will lead to him either deciding to stay with us and sign a reasonable contract. If he doesn't want to stay maybe we can get something of great or decent value in a sign and trade package with him as the centerpiece. The positions that the Clippers need the most help are PG and SG. Those are the 2 positions that we will be trying to unload. I'd take either Brand or Kaman from their lineup.

Gordon has never had a true pg that could lead to so many catch and shoot situations. I'm still dying that we basically traded chandler for PJ Brown, if we make similar trade with Gordon or Tyrus I will be as pissed as I was happy last night.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 21 2008, 06:29 PM) *

Yours are good with one exception: I don't see any way Rose and Mayo co-exist in the same backcourt. Both guys dominate the ball pretty heavily and neither excels as a catch-and-shoot guy. I know you won't believe this, but I'd rather have Gordon at the two guard with the Rose or Beasley addition as he'll get a lot more open looks and won't be forced to try to make something out of nothing anywhere near as much.
eddog2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 21 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Yours are good with one exception: I don't see any way Rose and Mayo co-exist in the same backcourt. Both guys dominate the ball pretty heavily and neither excels as a catch-and-shoot guy. I know you won't believe this, but I'd rather have Gordon at the two guard with the Rose or Beasley addition as he'll get a lot more open looks and won't be forced to try to make something out of nothing anywhere near as much.

You're right. I can't believe I hear that out of your mouth. I've been saying that Gordon would benefit from a guy that could kick it out for open shots. I'm glad we agree. Thanks for showing Gordon some love.
ChWRoCk2
I've got to echo some of the ones already said...

- We trade the pick
- We take someone not named Rose or Beasley
- We don't sign Deng to an extension
- If Gooden leaves and we don't address a low post scorer
- If Hinrich isnt traded
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 21 2008, 08:53 PM) *
You're right. I can't believe I hear that out of your mouth. I've been saying that Gordon would benefit from a guy that could kick it out for open shots. I'm glad we agree. Thanks for showing Gordon some love.

I've never questioned his shooting ability, it's been the ball-handling and defense. I'm not as hostile to him though as I was when we all thought Deng was going to be averaging 20 a game by now and Hinrich was still putting up 16. I also like him a lot more when he's not the one that has to create the shot in traffic, Rose and Beasley make his life a lot easier.
cars
My little list:
- We dont draft Rose or Beasley...double that if it's Lopez
- We trade the pick for an above average starter only
- We don't make significant other moves
- Our coaches players (Noc and Duhon) are on the team and taking minutes away from the developing kids
- We hire a coach who doesn't have the patience to stick with the youth and give this team long term growth

That's really it.
Cowch
...if this, "The Bulls are reportedly looking at Eric Snow as a candidate for their vacant head coaching job, despite the fact that he has no coaching experience.
Bobcats coach Larry Brown also wants to hire Snow, but first Snow will have to resolve his contract situation -- the Cavs owe him $7.4 million next season and will likely buy out his contract." is true. puke.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 21 2008, 06:29 PM) *

I swear on all that is holy I had a dream that the Bulls wound up with the 3rd pick after something weird happened. I couldn't believe it I was so pissed off...

And then I woke up! biggrin.gif
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 22 2008, 02:23 PM) *
I swear on all that is holy I had a dream that the Bulls wound up with the 3rd pick after something weird happened. I couldn't believe it I was so pissed off...

And then I woke up! biggrin.gif

I'm still worried this and the Sox 7 game winning streak is all just 1 big cruel dream . mecry.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 22 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I'm still worried this and the Sox 7 game winning streak is all just 1 big cruel dream . mecry.gif

It's not.

However, none of this matters because your avatar is still hilarious.
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 22 2008, 08:27 PM) *
It's not.

However, none of this matters because your avatar is still hilarious.

Luol wants to be serious, not Hilarious. You make Luol sad. mecry.gif
SoxFan1
- Tyrus Thomas is in the starting lineup/on the roster at the beginning of the season.
- We trade the pick for a non-superstar (AI, Kobe, Dirk, etc.)
- We don't pick one of Rose/Beasley
- We hire a bum coach who thinks like Boylan/Skiles
- Paxson drafts one of Beasley/Rose and believes the roster is set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.