Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paxson seems to be flowering...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
This ESPN the Mag bit seems to suggest where Paxson's thinking might be going in the early time. It seems like they were just about as subtle as my thread title.
"I thought it was a waste of time and I'd get a good meal out of this," Schanwald said moments later on the phone.

He used his mic time on ESPN (after being introduced incorrectly, because, who the hell was this guy? He handles the vending accounts.) to give the Bulls season ticket number a national plug, then practically lobby for Chicago hometown star Derrick Rose on the conference call, before Bull VP John Paxson said "Ahem," and then basically did the same.

Just how many ways can you say "Rose" fellas, and still claim to be looking at other flowers in this draft class?

"I think you always take a look at that, but so much can happen between now and the draft," said Paxson. "We will look at what we can do to balance our roster out better, so when we do make the selection, our roster is a better equipped. I think you look at everything. Need is obviously important, but we have a lot of different needs. We need leadership on our team."

To describe "leadership" Paxson clumsily waxed about how quickly Chris Paul has taken New Orleans to where they are, and how he's a great leader. And that's what you need. And point guards are natural leaders. And … you get the point.
Steve9347
Good find, Balta. I think unless Rose blows out a knee or something freakish happens before the draft, the Bulls are going to take Rose. He'll be the biggest story in the NBA this year (hometown kid reviving the franchise) and hopefully that FORCES Paxson to make some creative moves to get another star in here.

Yesterday, on ESPN 1000, the idea of Elton Brand was brought up to Paxson and he just laughed nervously and said, "yeah, he'd be a great player to have, we will pursue all avenues." The likelihood of Brand joining this team is pretty high, and that would set us up for awhile.

Noah
Brand
Deng
Hughes/Gordon
Rose

That's pretty sick. Now, if the Bulls really wanted to get crazy, they could make a double splash and pretty much put themselves within reach of the Celtics once Rose develops a bit...

Naoh
Brand
Deng
Redd (Bucks are looking to move him, only problem is convincing Skiles to take some of his old boys, but he looooved Kirk)
Rose

Just ideas, and I didn't even propose how we'd make them happen both financially and trade-wise, so it's all bullshit. I'm just wishful thinking at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.