Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Eddy Curry
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
It was so long ago that he was drafted by the Bulls at number 4. So much so that I was only in elementary school at the time. I can't really remember the hype about him but looking at him in high school he looked like a beast! He seemed like the guy that EVERYONE would want because of his low post presence. Can somebody who knows explain to me what the feeling towards Eddy Curry was like to not only Bulls fans but to other NBA fans?
ZoomSlowik
Coming out the consensus was basically that he was big and he can score, and maybe if he kept his weight down he could be a dominant center. The "Next Shaq" tag was thrown around occasionally. They questioned his work ethic and attitude though, which they obviously thought could be an issue given his weight (man, they got that right). IIRC he also got destroyed by Tyson in a head to head matchup as well.

This was the only pre-draft profile I could find:

nbadraft.net Curry profile
rangercal
I was not as High on EC as I am with the top 2 in this year's Class. Looking back, that was one of the WORST years to have 2 of the top 4 picks.
Steve9347
Wasn't he drafted #3?

Tyson 2, Eddy 3, hence the jersey #s?
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 23 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Wasn't he drafted #3?

Tyson 2, Eddy 3, hence the jersey #s?

nope he was 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_NBA_Draft
rangercal
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 23 2008, 03:58 PM) *

That draft makes as much sense drafting in order from #'s 28-1 as it does #'s 1-28
Steve9347
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 23 2008, 11:00 AM) *
That draft makes as much sense drafting in order from #'s 28-1 as it does #'s 1-28

Ha, that's a damn funny point.

Parker, Dalembert, Wallace all incredibly good players...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.