Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avery Johnson interested in Bulls job
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
Avery Johnson just said on ESPN 1000 that he is most definitely interested in sitting down with John Paxson about the head coaching position now!

Then he hinted that if he got the job, Rose would be his man.
Cowch
This is GREAT news! This number one pick could do absolute wonders for the Bulls. headbang.gif
rangercal
I like Avery. But I keep hearing he would not be the right guy if we Draft Rose. So I don't know what to think.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 23 2008, 08:02 AM) *
I like Avery. But I keep hearing he would not be the right guy if we Draft Rose. So I don't know what to think.

It's Pax's job now to actually be selective. He has a position that should be in ridiculous demand. He ought to be able to demand an answer from every candidate on exactly how he's going to deal with each part, both offense and defense, after this draft.
ZoomSlowik
Meh. Avery Johnson had one of the slowest paced teams in the league even with a team that could run with the best of them if they tried. They had two PG's that can thrive in transition this year and a former PG at the two that can hit shots, their backcourt was essentially perfect to run and they still ran more of a half-court offense to take advantage of Howard and Dirk's shooting abilities (and it's not like those two can't finish). I'd be very worried about them not pushing the pace with Rose, he's at his best in transition. Honestly, Beasley is probably a better fit for his style, Dirk's monstrously efficient offensive abilities in the halfcourt were the major reason they had a successful offense.
eddog2
The only thing better than getting off early on a Friday is not having to work on a Friday. Well, I got off early so I'll take it.

Anyway, like I told my boy Steve in a e-mail today, I want no part of Avery Johnson. Not only did I dislike watching him while down in Dallas all year, but he did try and snub us after we originally wanted to interview him. He was talking about sitting the year out. Then we get the first pick and he realizes that he'll never have a more talented young team to coach and so he smarts up and tries to get our job. What a joke. Tell Avery to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Avery = Skiles with slightly better rotations.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 23 2008, 12:59 PM) *
Meh. Avery Johnson had one of the slowest paced teams in the league even with a team that could run with the best of them if they tried. They had two PG's that can thrive in transition this year and a former PG at the two that can hit shots, their backcourt was essentially perfect to run and they still ran more of a half-court offense to take advantage of Howard and Dirk's shooting abilities (and it's not like those two can't finish). I'd be very worried about them not pushing the pace with Rose, he's at his best in transition. Honestly, Beasley is probably a better fit for his style, Dirk's monstrously efficient offensive abilities in the halfcourt were the major reason they had a successful offense.

Yeah thats how I am. I'm on the fence with him, I would rather have Corbin.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2008, 01:45 PM) *
The only thing better than getting off early on a Friday is not having to work on a Friday. Well, I got off early so I'll take it.

Anyway, like I told my boy Steve in a e-mail today, I want no part of Avery Johnson. Not only did I dislike watching him while down in Dallas all year, but he did try and snub us after we originally wanted to interview him. He was talking about sitting the year out. Then we get the first pick and he realizes that he'll never have a more talented young team to coach and so he smarts up and tries to get our job. What a joke. Tell Avery to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Avery = Skiles with slightly better rotations.

The way Johnson described it is, when he disclosed interest in the Bulls initially, they were going hard after D'Antoni, so he decided he'd take the year off because no other jobs interested him.

Now that it's open, he wants it (though waiting until after the ping pong balls landed the right way is rather conspicuous.
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 23 2008, 02:04 PM) *
Yeah thats how I am. I'm on the fence with him, I would rather have Corbin.

Yep, I'll have to agree with you there. I'm really liking Corbin right now, but I'm sure whoever Paxson selects will be good b/c he's sure exploring all options. Whoever gets this job will have had to have done a fantastic job impressing Paxson b/c of all the candidates, which is a great thing for us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.