Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kobe and Conference Finals or The #1 Pick?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
rangercal
Obviously this is all hypothetical and all for a fun discussion about "what if's?" .

Who knows, maybe Pax was not as close to acquiring kobe as some may believe.

But, let's assume he was , for about 4-5 pieces of our November 2007 Roster.

Questions to ask...

Would Wallace still be a Bull?
Would Skiles still be coach?

My answer was easy. I am much more happy with our current position. We can still go after that superstar while possibly adding one of those once every 5 years franchise players.
Steve9347
Kobe was never an actual possibility, that was all bullshit.
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 23 2008, 03:40 PM) *
Kobe was never an actual possibility, that was all bullshit.

I think you're right. But all I am trying to get at is that I love how everything turned out even if it were real. It's like the exact opposite of Boston's fortunes last season. They were hoping for that top 2 pick, did not get it and acquired 2 superstars. Keep in mind, as good as they were this year, that was only PLAN B for them. I'm sure they would much rather have a combination of Durant/Oden with Jefferson the next 10-15 years if they landed the right pick.
soxfan3530
Assuming we could have gotten Kobe. As much as I hate Kobe and I love Rose, I will take Bryant and the trip to the conference finals.
rangercal
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 23 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Assuming we could have gotten Kobe. As much as I hate Kobe and I love Rose, I will take Bryant and the trip to the conference finals.

Imo

Say bye to Rose/Beasley,Deng,Noah,Tyrus,Noc and others

Say hello to Kobe,Big Ben, Skiles, rebuilding from scratch in 2012
Balta1701-B
Honestly, I think if you pick up Kobe, you're in the conference finals, but in selling out Deng, Gordon, and probably more in getting him, you're in the same boat as the Cavs, where they have 1 star for the next few years but just don't have the talent around him to win anything.

After this pick...the Bulls are going to be so mind-bogglingly loaded with young talent its almost sickening. They're the youngest team in the league and they can go 11 deep with guys who either have decent contracts that they've mostly earned or are really high recent draft picks.
Cowch
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2008, 10:54 AM) *
Honestly, I think if you pick up Kobe, you're in the conference finals, but in selling out Deng, Gordon, and probably more in getting him, you're in the same boat as the Cavs, where they have 1 star for the next few years but just don't have the talent around him to win anything.

After this pick...the Bulls are going to be so mind-bogglingly loaded with young talent its almost sickening. They're the youngest team in the league and they can go 11 deep with guys who either have decent contracts that they've mostly earned or are really high recent draft picks.

If the Bulls starting lineup looked something like Rose, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus, and Noah their starting lineup's average age would be an unbelievable 22.6 to start the season and Rose would have just turned 20 a little less than a month prior and Tyrus having turned 22 about 2 and a half months before.
I doubt that would be the starting lineup though, but that is insanely young.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.