Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beasley Won't Be #1
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7031101466.html

This article further shows that Beasley is a head case. 6 high schools in 5 years. Calling his year in college passing time before he ever got there. Using a Sharpie to sign deface property all over his high school. With all his talent the top high schools in the country wouldn't even keep him longer than a year. That tells you something. With the character requirements the Bulls have, that Paxson has, there is no way we draft this joker.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Mayo get drafted before him. Miami has already said that they wouldn't mind seeing a Wade/Mayo backcourt if Rose is off the board. Whether or not that means they will trade down is another story. Minnesota is likely going to take Lopez so if Miami doesn't take Beasley they might want to trade down to 4. I personally would love to have a Rose/Mayo backcourt. For a long time Mayo was my favorite but then I started watching Rose and I fell in love with his abilities. I want Rose 1 but if we can somehow get a team at 4 to trade Miami their pick, I'd love to somehow pry that pick away by trading a future first, Kirk, & someone else for whatever expiring contracts and the 4th pick. We could then re-sign Gordon and Deng and look to trade either with a combination of other players and future picks for a stud post player (Brand).

We'd then have a supertalented young backcourt capable of becoming the best backcourt in the league. I think Mayo is underrated. He had a tough start to his first college season but he did come on strong at the end. He's a very good outside shooter and he'd fill a need if Gordon is traded to get us a big man.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/i...aftWatch-080523
rangercal
Beasley goes 2. Any article that says otherwise is a waste of bandwidth
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I think it depends if Marion gets traded. The was word that the Bulls could trade Hinrich and Nocioni straight up for Marion and then the Heat would likely draft Beasley right after the Bulls draft Rose.
Steve9347
Gotta watch out for those kids that go to the cafeteria in their pajamas and organize midnight HIDE AND GO SEEK GAMES. Seriously, there's so many worse things he could be than a prankster. Everyone needs to get over it.

And Edwin, I love ya buddy, but get over it. I know with you everything is black and white, and with you it's Derrick Rose or else you'll hate the pick, but trust me, if Pax takes Beasley we will all be very happy, just as we will be if he takes Rose.

Open your mind and stop politicking!
ZoomSlowik
Pointing to character issues with Beasley and then talking about selecting Mayo is pretty hypocritical, Mayo had just as many if not more issues than Beasley. Beasley was basically a slacker and a prankster in high school, he wouldn't be the first and you failed to mention that UNC-recruit Tywon Lawson participated in marker-gate with him and didn't get suspended. Mayo went to three high schools himself and was kicked off his high school team in Ohio where he had been playing with Bill Walker, he was suspended for bumping an official (yeah, it was a monster flop by the ref, still something to note), his antics after his last high school dunk got him thrown out of the game (you can find the clip on youtube), and most recently he made the news for taking money from an agent's runner while still at USC. There's also a misdemeanor possession of marijuana citation on his record. I'm not saying that I care or that it's a big deal, I just don't see how one matters and not the other.

I seriously doubt Miami really passes on Beasley, he's clearly the #2 prospect at worst and would form a very impressive forward combination with Marion, or replace him if he opts out. Teams have done stupid things before though, and they seem hell-bent on improving the backcourt. Mayo has talent, but I'm far less confident that he'll become a real difference maker than with Beasley, and I don't think he'll perform anywhere near as well as a second option that doesn't dominate the ball. Minnesota would have to be retarded to take Lopez over Beasley, I REALLY don't see that happening.
soxfan3530
Beasley lucky to be number 2???? No. next thread.
SoxFan1
Minnesota' s favorite GM would be Pat Riley in this scenario.
rangercal
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2008, 08:48 PM) *
Minnesota' s favorite GM would be Pat Riley in this scenario.

If Pat Riley Hints at taking Mayo I think it is just a smoke screen. Maybe he really does want Beasley and is just trying to deter Paxson from selecting him. Kind of like what Rick Pitino did with Ron Mercer when he came out of Kentucky and Pitino Was selecting #6 for Boston.
eddog2
I'm not saying that he's not talented enough to get picked 1. I'm saying that Rose seems like the better leader and better character out of the 2. We need a leader not a problem. We had enough of those last year. So I think it's a clear cut pick for Paxson. I was saying he's lucky to be #2 b/c Miami seems determined to somehow take someone else. But I do agree that Riley could be throwing a smoke screen. But I wouldn't be shocked if Riley did indeed go with Mayo. But I agree that if he does want to take Mayo he should trade down.

Anyway, I could see any number of teams wanting to trade up to get Beasley if Miami does indeed want him. If we had the 2nd pick I'd take him. But we don't. I'm willing to take a chance on a player with past character issues. But I'm not willilng to pass on a player like Rose to do so. I really don't think Mayo is that big of an issue. He's had the NBA spotlight on him since being a sophmore in high school. I think he's already starting to adjust to it.
Balta1701-B
Has anyone here come upon rumors that Michael Beasley is about 2 inches shorter than advertised?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Has anyone here come upon rumors that Michael Beasley is about 2 inches shorter than advertised?

You mean like the rumors that Tyrus was really 6'11"? tongue.gif

The only real thing I've seen on his height was that at some camp (think it was the Nike All-Star camp, which would have been a while ago) he was 6'7 3/4" in socks and 6'9" in shoes.
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 23 2008, 02:21 PM) *
The was word that the Bulls could trade Hinrich and Nocioni straight up for Marion and then the Heat would likely draft Beasley right after the Bulls draft Rose.

Hadn't heard anything about Marion other than people on here saying he'd be a great pickup. Now, if we could make that trade, we'd absolutely have to do it. Adding Marion and Rose to this team would be unbelievable.
daa84
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2008, 04:28 PM) *

yeah ive heard he could be closer to 6-8 than 6-10......but ive also heard he does have a 7 foot wingspan....if that matters
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Isn't David West only like 6'8 or 6'9? As long as he has the bulk and durability he'll be fine.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 24 2008, 12:01 PM) *
Isn't David West only like 6'8 or 6'9? As long as he has the bulk and durability he'll be fine.

Yes West is 6'9. But I think West was a much better post player in college than Beasley has been so far. Beasley is more of a jump shooter with some post moves. West was an All-American PF at Xavier. Obviously Beasley is the better athlete but I don't think his post game is as good as Wests'. But he is just a freshman so he could develop way more post moves over his career.

I'm anxious to see what the pre-draft camp measurements come out to. I also want to see how Beasley's vertical and quickness compares with Rose's. I think Beasley will be able to outlift most of the players in the draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.