Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noah arrested for Marijuana poss., open container
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah has been charged with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol. Gainesville police say Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing alcohol, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.
Steve9347
Well, way to derail the positive vibes about this team, Joakim.

freaking hell.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I can't say that I'm surprised that Noah smokes pot.
RME JICO
He didn't inhale.
DutheDoduhon21
im really dissapointed. great job joakim. does the nba do anything? im sure the bulls will.
dasox24
This is definitely frustrating. What kind of punishment from the league can he expect for a misdemeanor? And, like CBF, in no way am I surprised that Noah smokes weed, but I'm still disappointed in him for being so dumb in getting caught. If you have weed on you, it's probably not a good idea to be walking around with a clear cup of beer. Make it a red Solo cup and the cops are much less likely to stop you.
eddog2
While it is bad that he got caught and was stupid enough to be drinking in public with weed in his pocket, it's not the worst thing in the world. I respect him more for that than for driving while drinking. If he had been pulled over while drinking and the officer found weed in his pocket then I think it would be a big deal.

I'm hoping that the league doesn't come down on him with a suspension. I'm sure they will especially after Josh Howard made comments last season.

They said on Sports Center that he could face up to 6 months in jail and some large fine. The only thing I'm worried about is him getting a record and possibly violating probabation if that is what the court system gives him.
TeaLeafReaderII
I don't mind that he is toking. I'm dissapointed that he was dumb enough to let himself be caught.
DutheDoduhon21
looks like the chances of drafting beasley just went up.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Atleast he wasn't masturbating...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 25 2008, 10:16 PM) *
looks like the chances of drafting beasley just went up.

Not in the slightest bit.
rangercal
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 26 2008, 02:10 AM) *
I don't mind that he is toking. I'm dissapointed that he was dumb enough to let himself be caught.
DutheDoduhon21
PARIS -- Yannick Noah is perplexed by "all that fuss" surrounding the arrest of his basketball player son, who was charged with marijuana possession and having an open container of alcohol.

Chicago Bulls forward Joakim Noah was arrested Sunday in Gainesville, Fla., after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup. Police said that during a search at the station officers found marijuana in his pocket.

"I don't understand all that fuss for just drinking a beer on the street," Yannick Noah said Tuesday at the French Open.

The elder Noah won the title at Roland Garros in 1983. He created a sensation a few years before when he told a magazine writer he smoked marijuana.

Joakim Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge -- standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.

"I talk to him every day on the phone," said Yannick Noah, who was at Roland Garros on Tuesday for the dedication of a walkway named after him. "He'll soon come over to France to see me."
Balta1701-B
Someone had a rough weekend.

Former Gator basketball player Joakim Noah had a second run-in with officers in Gainesville the same weekend he was charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

University of Florida Police also issued two traffic citations against Noah, one for driving with a suspended license without knowledge and another for not wearing a seat belt, the law enforcement agency confirmed. A UPD officer stopped the 23-year-old, who just completed his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, Sunday evening on Museum Road.

Sgt. Walt Hamby saw a Hummer traveling 32 mph in an area with 20 mph posted speed limit, said UPD Major Brad Barber. The stop occurred at about 7:20 p.m.

Barber said Noah was driving the Hummer. When the officers checked Noah's driving history, he found his license had been suspended. Noah told the officer he did not know about the suspension, resulting in a traffic citation.

Driving with knowledge of a license suspension is a criminal traffic offense instead of a citation, Barber said.
I wonder if the driving with a suspended license charge might well increase the chances of him facing difficulties on the drug charges.
DutheDoduhon21
wow what is noah doing? 2 times in 1 weekend is pretty ridiculous, if hes so mad about losing why doesnt he do something about it like get back to chicago and work out instead of getting himself in trouble with stupid mistakes in gainesville.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 27 2008, 07:24 PM) *
wow what is noah doing? 2 times in 1 weekend is pretty ridiculous, if hes so mad about losing why doesnt he do something about it like get back to chicago and work out instead of getting himself in trouble with stupid mistakes in gainesville.

Weren't a lot of people pissed off at Tyrus's work ethic last offseason because he chose to work out on his own and not with the team?
DutheDoduhon21
Weren't a lot of people pissed off at Tyrus's work ethic last offseason because he chose to work out on his own and not with the team?

well it looks like noah isnt even working out hes getting into trouble, at least tyrus wasnt in the news. tyrus came back improved lets see if noah does.
Steve9347
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 27 2008, 10:25 PM) *
well it looks like noah isnt even working out hes getting into trouble, at least tyrus wasnt in the news. tyrus came back improved lets see if noah does.

No.
DutheDoduhon21
he was better than his rookie year he actually had some kind of a jump shot this season.
DutheDoduhon21
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Chicago Bulls forward Joakim Noah accepted a deferred prosecution agreement Wednesday in his marijuana possession case, resulting in six months' probation and a $200 fine.

The former Florida star was charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and for having an open container of alcohol early Sunday in downtown Gainesville. As a first-time offender, he was eligible for the deferred prosecution agreement, the State Attorney's Office said.

The charges will be dropped in six months if Noah meets the terms of his probation.

Noah also must pay $206 in traffic fines for two citations he received Sunday on the University of Florida campus. Noah was ticketed for driving with a suspended license without knowledge and not wearing a seat belt.

Florida coach Billy Donovan told the Gainesville Sun that he talked to Noah.

"He's realized he made a mistake," Donovan told the newspaper. "I want to see what happens with everything that went on there. In my conversation with him, he feels bad.

"The thing I've tried to talk to him about is there are so many young kids who look up to him, and he's such a giving kid and he's always given his time. He needs to turn this into a positive and being able to help young kids because he has a great opportunity to really help a lot of people. I told him to try to turn this into a positive because he's got enough of a personality that he can do that."
Balta1701-B
Ok Joakim...6 months from now you're back in NBA season. Get to the workouts and keep it under control, come back and be a 15/15 guy for us next season, and all will be forgiven.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.