Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haslem suspended for Game Two
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines

MIAMI -- Miami forward Udonis Haslem will miss Monday's playoff game against the Bulls, serving a one-game suspension for throwing his mouthpiece toward referee Joey Crawford in the series opener.

Haslem will sit out Game 2 of the Heat's first-round series with the Bulls on Monday night. The NBA announced the sanction after the Heat's morning shootaround practice.

Haslem was unavailable for comment. Heat coach Pat Riley also declined comment after the morning practice, saying he was waiting for the NBA to publicly announce its decision.

"He's really down," said Jason Levien, Haslem's agent. "I think he really feels like he let the team down. He's disappointed in the league's call, but he's accepting of it. ... He'll be on pins and needles tonight, because if the Heat don't win he'll take that very personally."

Levien said Haslem learned of the decision around the time that Miami's morning practice ended.

Haslem was ejected with 4:11 left in the opening half of the Heat's 111-106 win in Game 1 on Saturday night. He wound up on the floor after jostling with three Bulls for an offensive rebound, and -- apparently incensed over no foul being called -- reached for his mouthpiece and threw it in Crawford's direction.

Crawford immediately signaled Haslem's ejection. Haslem apologized after the game, yet insisted that he was throwing the piece of plastic at the ground -- not with the intent of hitting Crawford.

While there now is clarity over Haslem's status, that of another Miami big man -- Alonzo Mourning -- remains unknown.

Mourning has missed Miami's last 15 games since tearing a calf muscle in an 82-73 loss at Detroit on March 22. He has been rehabilitating and said last week that the muscle was healed, but his strength and conditioning level weren't were they needed to be for him to return.

Mourning's status will be decided at game time, Riley said.
TeaLeafReaderII
from the post game comments

Quoting Heat Forward Udonis Haslem
On being ejected from the game:
“I am happy we won. I felt really bad sitting in the locker room and not being out there to help my team. I want to apologize to them, the organization and the fans. I wanted to come out and play hard. I got a little frustrated and threw my mouthpiece at the ground. Looking at it on TV, I can see how Joey [Crawford] would think I was throwing it at him, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for the officials. We do not always agree, but I would never physically approach an official or throw something at an official. I just want to make the point that my intentions were not for the mouthpiece to bounce in Joey’s direction. I threw it at the ground. I will apologize to Joey, and let him know that my intentions were not for the mouthpiece to bounce in his direction.”
madisonsmadhouse
The NBA needs more of that... A guy who will stand up for his actions, and not try to blame someone else.
soxfan101
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:28 PM)
The NBA needs more of that... A guy who will stand up for his actions, and not try to blame someone else.

you mean a guy who lies? BS he wasnt throwing it at the official.
TeaLeafReaderII
Udonis is either a really well spoken, articulate individual or the Heats PR guys did a great job coaching him in the second half.
scareybullsfan
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Apr 24 2006, 01:07 PM)
you mean a guy who lies? BS he wasnt throwing it at the official.

The guy is a finely tuned athlete. I think if he was throwing it at the official, it would have hit him... or at least came alot closer.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (scareybullsfan @ Apr 24 2006, 01:23 PM)
The guy is a finely tuned athlete. I think if he was throwing it at the official, it would have hit him... or at least came alot closer.

lol so true
CryptViLL
haha that is a good point.
And yes the NBA needs more players like this, but however, no reason to even be throwing your mouthguard at all. So duno if i shud be saying we need people like him... but he did say he's sorry in a well good manner smile.gif
BuLLzDoMaIn
Good that he aint playin. its also better for us
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.