Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade talk/rumors/thoughts
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
So I guess Rose didn't measure quite to what I was expecting. At one point they had Rose listed at 6'4 and I thought "Wow a tall point guard nice" and then they went to 6'3 but seeing there actual measurements, Rose was listed at 6'2.5 with shoes on! That doesn't sway my opinion but I was expecting him to be a little taller than that.

So I got to thinkin, how do we change this group of already young Bulls to shape it around our young "Potential" star in Derrick Rose? I limited it to these options..

1) We trade for a high quality big man (Elton Brand, Emeka Okafor, Carlos Boozer etc..)

2) We match Rose up with a veteran off guard (RIP, Michael Redd, Maggette etc..)

3) We trade to get another top 10 draft pick and get another youngin

Now, depending on your preference on building a team you could go either way. I think an interesting option would be #3 where we could trade Gordon for New York's number 6th pick and draft Eric Gordon and match him up with D Rose to re unite their AAU days..

I think the ultimate prize would be Carlos Boozer but that depends on whether Utah is actively shopping him which I doubt they are.. Boozer has made D Williams even better so I would think he'd work well with Rose. I think the key factor in anything the Bulls do is getting a #1 scorer so that Rose doesn't have all that pressure to score because I definitely don't think he's ready to take over that role yet.
Balta1701-B
Here's the rule I'm going to follow.

If we hold on to Rose, and we start talking about trades to build this team long term...then I want no part of anyone who is older than 27 years of age. I really don't care who they are.

I think the logic is pretty straightforward. Look at any dominant point guard in the league today. Hell, look at the development curve of just about any player coming in to the league. They show pretty marked improvement each of their first several years, then they sort of plateau for a few years around age 26-29, and then they start to decline.

Rose will be a 19 year old, sophomore in college equivalent next season. If you trade for someone who's 28 next season, then they'll be 29 in Rose's Junior year, and 30 in Rose's senior year. In other words, just at the time Rose starts getting to whatever kind of player he's going to be, your guy is going to be hitting 31, 32, etc., and starting to take steps back.
Chisoxfn
I still think the Bulls would be foolish not to give Beasley a good hard look. Attitude issues aside, the guy was one of the greatest players I've ever seen at the collegiate level (and he did that as a FRESHMAN). I'd hope the Bulls really work him hard in the interview and if they come out convinced with his character than there is absolutely no reason I would take Derrik Rose (NONE).

Now if they talk to him and a boatload of red flags come up, fine, I can see going with Rose as its the safer pick (it could even turn into the better pick since Rose has great basketball abilities). However, Beasley can be a prime time player in a star driven league (and actually get to the free throw line).

I will consider any deal that involves the Bulls getting a young superstar for the #1 pick (especially this rumored Wade & #2 for the #1 and some Bulls players (heck, I'd trade two of anyone on our entire roster along with the #1 pick to get Wade and Beasley).
DutheDoduhon21
has beasley been measured yet?
GreatScott82
I've heard them talking about the Wade rumor on ESPN. Anybody have a source to that? Were talking about the face of Miami's franchise here... Then again Rose would likely become the face of our franchise instantly.
GreatScott82
Okay never mind... just saw the trib article. I highly doubt this happens, plus with Wades recent injuries, its waaay to much of a risk. Rose will be our star.... now its up to Pax to put together a package to score another star... See Ainge of '07!
eddog2
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 3 2008, 05:36 PM) *
has beasley been measured yet?

6'7" with no shoes 6'8 1/2" with shoes. Great wingspan though at 7' 0.25" Athletically his vertical wasn't special and his speed left something to be desired. But I don't think he was pushing himself to the max.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Beasley's attitude I'm sure will rub people the wrong way.
dasox24
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 3 2008, 07:11 PM) *
6'7" with no shoes 6'8 1/2" with shoes. Great wingspan though at 7' 0.25" Athletically his vertical wasn't special and his speed left something to be desired. But I don't think he was pushing himself to the max.

If he wasn't pushing himself to the max, then isn't that kind of a red flag right there? I mean, I understand he's pretty much guaranteed to go #1 or 2, but from a competitor's standpoint, shouldn't he be busting his ass to try to prove worthy of the #1 spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.