Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TalkBulls Mock Draft discussion thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Balta1701-B
Ok, I didn't even think about this until now (Especially since we didn't have a coach)...if people want to do a mock draft through this site this year, here's your chance.

Since there's barely 2 weeks left, I'm just going to put up the list. If you want to sign up for a team, please reply in this thread and state which team (s) you want.

Let's make a goal of getting the lottery teams filled up first. If you want a non-lottery team, you can grab them, but I can't guarantee we'll get to them. We'll start the draft when all the Lottery teams are taken. If you want the Bulls...send me a PM or post here within 24 hours, and tomorrow night I'll do a microsoft excel random number generator style raffle, as I did with the TalkBears one (And just to let you know, I'm putting myself in the running for that one, but I promise it will be conducted fairly. If the Bulls can win the lottery so can I.)

1 Chicago Bulls - ZoomSlowik
2 Miami Heat - CBF
3 Minnesota Timberwolves - DotheDuhon21
4 Seattle SuperSonics - Soxfan1
5 Memphis Grizzlies - dasox24
6 New York Knicks - cowch
7 L.A. Clippers - Balta
8 Milwaukee Bucks- ZoomSlowik
9 Charlotte Bobcats - steve9347
10 New Jersey Nets - Bulls91
11 Indiana Pacers - CBF
12 Sacramento Kings - Soxfan1
13 Portland Trail Blazers - Eddog2
14 Golden State Warriors - steve9347
15 Phoenix Suns - Bulls91
16 Philadelphia 76ers - DotheDuhon21
17 Toronto Raptors - Balta
18 Washington Wizards - cowch
19 Cleveland Cavaliers - dasox24
20 Denver Nuggets - ZoomSlowik
21 New Jersey Nets - Eddog2
22 Orlando Magic - steve9347
23 Utah Jazz - cowch
24 Seattle SuperSonics- SoxFan1
25 Houston Rockets - Eddog2
26 San Antonio Spurs - Steve9347
27 New Orleans Hornets - Balta
28 Memphis Grizzlies - dasox24
29 Detroit Pistons - cowch
30 Boston Celtics - DotheDuhon21
Chicago Bulls Franchise
i'll take the Bulls if possible o[=
Steve9347
I'll take Bobcats and Warriors
SoxFan1
To be fair, we'll put names in the generatopr for which user gets the Bulls. For now, pick your secondary teams and then we'll draw the Bulls user when everything else is full.

I'll take Seattle and will put my name in for the Bulls pick as well.
dasox24
I'd like Memphis as well as having the chance at getting the Bulls' pick.
ZoomSlowik
I'll take whichever teams we need me to, multiples if necessary. Lottery teams and teams with multiple picks preferred.
bulls91
I will take the Nets and the Suns.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
For my other team I'll take the Heat I guess...
DutheDoduhon21
ill take the t-wolves and any other teams you want me to take
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 12 2008, 11:23 PM) *
For my other team I'll take the Heat I guess...

Dude, don't be so lame. It's going Rose/Beasley, why would you WANT the two obvious picks?
Cowch
Give me the Jazz, I know a thing or two about them. And how about the Knicks.
ZoomSlowik
I guess I better take Milwaukee, last team in the top-10 (besides the Bulls obviously)
SoxFan1
I'll take SacTown as my 2nd team if available.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 13 2008, 08:18 AM) *
Dude, don't be so lame. It's going Rose/Beasley, why would you WANT the two obvious picks?

Why do you care? Somebody has to take them eventually..
Cowch
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 13 2008, 02:37 PM) *
Why do you care? Somebody has to take them eventually..

I think if you get the Heat you should take someone else too, cause 1/2 are obvious. At least contribute to the mock and take a later one too.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 13 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I think if you get the Heat you should take someone else too, cause 1/2 are obvious. At least contribute to the mock and take a later one too.

I am contributing, I own the second pick of the Mock draft wink.gif

But since I already own the Heat pick I'll just take myself out of the drawing for the Bulls, so give me whatever team is available, surprise me!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 13 2008, 03:07 PM) *
I am contributing, I own the second pick of the Mock draft wink.gif

But since I already own the Heat pick I'll just take myself out of the drawing for the Bulls, so give me whatever team is available, surprise me!

You have the Pacers.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Cool, thank you =)
Balta1701-B
Anybody else?
eddog2
I'm in if there are some open teams left. I'd like to have the Bulls but if I don't get that put me down for the Blazers.

As for the Bulls & Blazers they will be the 2 biggest stories next season. Both teams will make the playoffs for sure.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 12 2008, 09:56 PM) *
ill take the t-wolves and any other teams you want me to take

Microsoft's random number generator has produced a winner...and it is DotheDuhon21. The Bulls are yours if you want them. If not I can redraw.
soxfan3530
Ill take whatever teams you need me to take.
DutheDoduhon21
Microsoft's random number generator has produced a winner...and it is DotheDuhon21.

i didnt want the bulls pick, but ill take it unless someone else really wants it.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 16 2008, 10:48 AM) *
i didnt want the bulls pick, but ill take it unless someone else really wants it.

I guarantee you a lot of other people here would "Really want it". Would you like to pass? I'll redraw if so.

After redrawing...if you pass, it goes to Zoom.
Steve9347
If he doesn't want it, it passes to Zoom. I've randomly filled out the rest of the 1st round with those participating. Soxfan1 is on vacation, so does anyone want to take over for his eariler pick?

Post your picks in this thread, and mods will update the official list thread.

ZoomSlowik, as the Bulls you are on the clock!
soxfan3530
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 16 2008, 04:26 PM) *
If he doesn't want it, it passes to Zoom. I've randomly filled out the rest of the 1st round with those participating. Soxfan1 is on vacation, so does anyone want to take over for his eariler pick?

Post your picks in this thread, and mods will update the official list thread.

ZoomSlowik, as the Bulls you are on the clock!

ill take them.
ZoomSlowik
God damn it, I got side-tracked earlier, Steve warned me.

Normally I'd be a contrarian and take Beasley, but I'll go with the mob...

The Chicago Bulls select Derek Rose, PG, Memphis.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
With the second pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Michael Beasley.
Steve9347
Mock draft thread updated.
Steve9347
Do2Du is up
DutheDoduhon21
the minnesota t-wolves select o.j. Mayo USC
eddog2
The Blazers have made a trade the past few years before or during the draft so I'll keep with that tradition and say that I'm willing to make a deal to move up into the top 9 or I would be willing to move down or out of the draft if the right trade came along. I would even trade the pick to a team that is keeping it's top 5 pick if the deal is good.

I am looking for a more solid PG and am willing to trade any of my PG's (Blake, Jack), Channing Frye, Martell Webster, and possibly Lamarcus Aldridge if the deal is worthy. Untouchables are Roy & Oden with Outlaw also a likely untouchable.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The Heat are also interested in making a trade. I'm willing to get rid of anybody except Beasley, D-Wade is close to untouchable but not for the right price wink.gif
dasox24
Hey Balta, since this was your idea, what do you think about trades? I think it would just be easier if we just solely did a draft rather than dealing with trades, but I guess trading would make it more interesting...
Steve9347
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 17 2008, 02:17 AM) *
Hey Balta, since this was your idea, what do you think about trades? I think it would just be easier if we just solely did a draft rather than dealing with trades, but I guess trading would make it more interesting...

We allowed trades last year. It was more fun that way.
Steve9347
The Sonics are up, and Slav is out of town, so someone needs to step up and make that pick.
soxfan3530
ill make the pick unless anyone has any objections.

With the fourth pick, the Seattle Supersonics select.......Jerryd Bayless PG Arizona

Dasox24 and the Memphis Grizzlies are on the clock.
Steve9347
Alright, pick 5 is up.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 17 2008, 07:29 AM) *
We allowed trades last year. It was more fun that way.

You're the GM. Deal whoever you want. I wound up with KG and Ray Allen on the same team last year, which kinda impressed me. I just had them in Minnesota.
Balta1701-B
ESPN's Chad Ford is reporting on a potential deal. The L.A. Clippers will trade Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston to the Portland Trailblazers for LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack, Martell Webster, and the expiring contract of Raef Lafrentz. Due to trade restrictions on both of the players on the Clippers, the deal can not be approved by the league until after the July 1 deadline, but it appears that the deal does work as written and will be going down when it is allowed. (IT is however entirely possible for either side to back out before the draft ends because of the Clippers' players trade restrictions)
Balta1701-B
Um, ok, I could have swore there was another trade reported here a moment ago?
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 17 2008, 11:39 AM) *
ESPN's Chad Ford is reporting on a potential deal. The L.A. Clippers will trade Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston to the Portland Trailblazers for LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack, Martell Webster, and the expiring contract of Raef Lafrentz. Due to trade restrictions on both of the players on the Clippers, the deal can not be approved by the league until after the July 1 deadline, but it appears that the deal does work as written and will be going down when it is allowed.

I'm very surprised by this trade. Portland seems to be giving up way too much. Aldridge put up #'s last year that were very close to Brand's averages, and he's younger. Not sure why they'd trade him. Plus, Livingston is no guarantee to ever be the same after that injury. Just not sure what the Blazers are doing here...

As for my pick, with the 5th pick in the 2008 draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Kevin Love, PF, UCLA
Cowch
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 17 2008, 04:22 PM) *
Um, ok, I could have swore there was another trade reported here a moment ago?

Haha there was, and then another post after that. Not so sure why they're gone now. Anyway, where the heck is dasox24? idk when I'll be able to make my pick if he picks later. Oh well, we've got a while.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 17 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Haha there was, and then another post after that. Not so sure why they're gone now. Anyway, where the heck is dasox24? idk when I'll be able to make my pick if he picks later. Oh well, we've got a while.

He just picked lolhitting.gif
Cowch
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 17 2008, 04:30 PM) *
I'm very surprised by this trade. Portland seems to be giving up way too much. Aldridge put up #'s last year that were very close to Brand's averages, and he's younger. Not sure why they'd trade him. Plus, Livingston is no guarantee to ever be the same after that injury. Just not sure what the Blazers are doing here...

As for my pick, with the 5th pick in the 2008 draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Kevin Love, PF, UCLA

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!!! With the 6th pick of the 2008 nba draft, the New York Knicks select Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana
Balta1701-B
F***, you grabbed the guy the Clippers wanted! Blast!
Balta1701-B
With the 7th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select:
Danilo Gallinari, Forward, Armani Jeans Milano
Cowch
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 17 2008, 04:51 PM) *
F***, you grabbed the guy the Clippers wanted! Blast!

The Knicks almost went with Russel Westbrook. We can see if we can work out a trade the Knicks are willing to split with many players.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 17 2008, 04:59 PM) *
The Knicks almost went with Russel Westbrook. We can see if we can work out a trade the Knicks are willing to split with many players.

Anyone on my roster other than Kaman is available in my book.
Steve9347
Thread updated, we need a pick at 8.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.