Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rose works out with the Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Couple of articles and quotes on Rose coming in to work out for the Bulls today. KC here.
Rose even reprised his claim that Beasley is the far superior player. But he also detailed his strengths and admitted he'd be "hurt a little bit" if the Bulls didn't draft him.

"I'm an unselfish guard that's willing to do anything to win," Rose said. "I mean anything."

Rose said his workout consisted mostly of dribbling and shooting drills and attacking the pick-and-roll. He said he fared well.

"I thought LeBron James was the luckiest guy in the world playing for his home state," Rose said. "Now I get that chance. I hope the Bulls pick me."

Few more details from the Sun-Times
"I would love to play here, it's a dream come true to get to bring the Bulls back to where they're supposed to be," Rose said. "I haven't thought about the [negatives]. I've just thought about the positives; like how it feels to be in the Bulls uniform, and my family would get to see me. I'm just taking it step by step."
Rose directed Memphis to the NCAA championship game as a freshman and averaged 14.9 points and 4.7 assists. He credits coach John Calipari for helping him mature as a player and person.

"When I first came in the summer, I wasn't sure I would be able to run the offense because it was so many things I had to learn," Rose said. "But he put me in this offense and told me to cool down and play my game. He groomed me into a young man and told me to attack the rim more."

Calipari and Simeon coach Robert Smith also emphasized defense, which is always Word One around the Bulls.

"That's the No. 1 thing he wants his players to learn," Rose said of Calipari. "If you take one possession off, he'll terrorize you for that whole possession until you get on the bench and then he gets in your face. On defense, he used to hate when I let people score.

"Coach Cal and Robert Smith talked about running their offense through their defense. That's what I've been all my years of basketball - defense makes offense."

Rose has been a winner and leader at both the high school and college level.

But former Bulls guard B.J. Armstrong, now one of Rose's agents, wants his client to become less reserved.

"He wants me to be a leader and be more vocal on the court," Rose said. "He tells me to talk more and make people work harder. My leadership skills - they're getting better. Hopefully at the next level, they'll go even higher."

Rose admitted to being "nonchalant" about the idea of being - along with Kansas State forward Michael Beasley, who also visited the Bulls this week - among the top two prospects.

"But now I'm just frantic," he said. "I just can't wait until they call my name. I don't care which team. But I [hope] the Bulls call my name."
GreatScott82
Go to 670thescore.com and click on the bullsdraft blog audio clip. It has most of the interview on there.
I love this guys passion for wanting to play for the Bulls.... makes me love the kid even more... Oh what a week its going to be. White Sox vs Cubs and a draft of Derek Rose! DA BULLS ARE BACK!! Well i hope so...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah that interview just assured me that Rose is ready to be a Chicago Bull. Before I was unsure with all the D-Wade stuff and the hometown pressure but I think he probably cleared that up with John Paxson and crew during their meetings.
Balta1701-B
Here's his full Q &A.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.