Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumor: Heat to Draft Mayo, But Trade Him
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
http://probasketballnews.com/amico_062508.html

This link indicates that the Heat are going to draft Mayo and trade him to another team, possibly including Marion. The one hot rumor was that it would be to the Knicks and involve Jamaal Crawford or Stephon Marbury but the logic behind that deal is non-existent from the Heat perspective. A more likely scenario could have Brand/Maggette headed to Miami for Marion & Mayo.

The other interesting tidbit had Minnesota wanting to move out of the #3 spot (no interest in Beasley) as they want to move down and take Alexander (who is projected to go to Mil at 8). Personally speaking, if I'm the Bulls, I'd jump in and try to pick up a lotto pick and offer that pick plus some young players to get a shot at 3 (Beasley/Rose would be a tremendous building block and the Bulls have the ability to do such a thing).
Wanne
These rumors with Miami are almost getting comical...TO THE KNICKS?!?

In that same thread it said:

* Reports say the Timberwolves are aiming to use their third overall selection to land a veteran,

HEY MINNY....WE GOT SOME VETS FOR YA!!!
Chisoxfn
Thats exactly it, the Bulls could easily provide the right combination of Vets in order to land Beasley. That said I don't know if its the vets the Twolves would want, but there is no saying the Bulls couldn't get a 3rd team involved.
ZoomSlowik
I'm now convinced that half of the GM's in the league have no clue what they're doing.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25 2008, 07:09 PM) *
I'm now convinced that half of the GM's in the league have no clue what they're doing.

Ours included.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Ours included.

The biggest test comes tomorrow.
Chisoxfn
Well at least we aren't talking about dealing the rights to Rose for Jamaal Crawford and the rights to draft DJ Augustin or something assinine like that. I've been dissapointed with Pax's unwillingness to make a major move, but you can make the argument that he's tried but just fallen short. In the draft there aren't many picks that I can truly question, aside from the Tyrus Thomas move.

In general, Pax is a good GM, but he's only gotten the team to mediocre with upside and he's now got to get them to the next step and he doesn't have a lot of time to do it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 07:14 PM) *
Well at least we aren't talking about dealing the rights to Rose for Jamaal Crawford and the rights to draft DJ Augustin or something assinine like that. I've been dissapointed with Pax's unwillingness to make a major move, but you can make the argument that he's tried but just fallen short. In the draft there aren't many picks that I can truly question, aside from the Tyrus Thomas move.

In general, Pax is a good GM, but he's only gotten the team to mediocre with upside and he's now got to get them to the next step and he doesn't have a lot of time to do it.

I'll be the first to admit I hated drafting Noah, but I'm loving that pick now. Tyrus, not so much, as you said. But I just can't forgive him for not getting Gasol, Kobe, or KG. Kind of ironic all 3 ended up in the NBA Finals?
dasox24
If we found a way to draft Rose and land Beasley in a trade... Wow. Just Wow.

What do you think it would take to land the #3 pick from Minny? Gordon? Deng? Tyrus? Who would they want?
Chisoxfn
Not a clue and I doubt there is much reality to the deal because it isn't as if the Bulls have had a heated debate between Beasley/Rose or at least the media hasn't led on that there was any sort of real close debate (which leads me to believe the Bulls think Rose is much greater than Beasley, than again that doens't necessarily mean they don't like Beasley).

I still believe you can't go wrong with either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.