Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non Bulls: Richard Jefferson to the Bucks
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Per ESPN 1000. Big pick-up by the Bucks. This is a definate indication that they are serious about winning now and I think it is a very good deal for the Nets as they added Devin Harris (who I like a lot) and now Yi who has the makings of being a unique player.

This could make it more likely that the Bucks would consider making a play at Hinrich.
Chisoxfn
On a sidenote, I'm going to be reorganizing the forums to try and promote as much discussion as possible so if a non-bulls story comes up thats big, post it here and just put OT or Non Bulls in the headline so people are aware.
dasox24
I like that deal for both teams, and when reading about it, I thought the same thing as you: The Bucks seem to be in definite win-now mode and making a play for Hinrich would seem very likely.
ZoomSlowik
I like that for the Bucks, they already had too many 3/4 type players so they turned 2 of them into a solid upgrade that just turned 28. Health is obviously an issue, but he has a lot of talent and is more likely to produce. New Jersey must really like Yi, I'm not convinced yet. He struggled mightily in the second half and is still a work in progress. If he's 20 like he's listed I guess that's okay, but if that 24 rumor is true that hurts.
SoxFan1
Doesn't make a lot of sense for NJ, since they already have Williams, Krstic, and Boone. Like Zoom said, they must love Yi. On the other hand, this pretty much backs up the speculation that Gallinari will be their pick at 10.
ZoomSlowik
Is Mo Williams still under contract this year? If so, it seems like Hinrich isn't the greatest fit...

I'd also guess they're not taking Alexander anymore at #8, probably taking a big man.
bschmaranz
Good deal for both teams. Nets are in rebuilding mode and Yi is a good guy to have alongside Harris. Milwaukee adds a vet, which they desperately need and they got rid of Bobby Simmons retarded contract. I think they're joining the "let's sign a superstar in 2010" club.
Wanne
I'm sure Yi is considerably upset leaving Milwaukee....
madisonsmadhouse
Interesting. It will be interesting to see if Yi breaks out in New Jersey.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26 2008, 12:28 PM) *
Is Mo Williams still under contract this year? If so, it seems like Hinrich isn't the greatest fit...

I'd also guess they're not taking Alexander anymore at #8, probably taking a big man.

Mo Williams is under contract, but he's also a terrible fit at the point. They are going to make some adjustments anyway and Hinrich would be a great fit in there with Skiles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.