Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orlando Summer League Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
SoxFan1
Game 1: Monday, July 7 vs Miami (Rose vs Beasley)

Game 2: Tuesday, July 8 vs Indiana

Game 3: Wednesday, July 9 vs Orlando

Game 4: Thursday, July 10 vs New Jersey (should be a good PG match-up with Rose/Williams)

Game 5: Friday, July 11 vs Seattle (Rose vs Wetbrook)

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Magic_to_Hos...-274224-66.html

Paxson said in today's press conference that we should expect to see Rose, Nichols, Thomas, Gray, and Noah. I'd assume Thabo might be there as well.

NOTE: ALL GAMES WILL BE VIDEOCASTED LIVE ON ORLANDOMAGIC.COM
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Awesome, thanks for putting this up smile.gif

For my predictions wink.gif:

Rose- 11.9 ppg 4.6 rpg 4.9 apg

Tyrus- 14.6 8.0 rpg 2.2 apg 2.7 bpg

Thabo- 10.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 3.4 apg

Noah- 6.8 ppg 8.6 rpg 1.4 bpg
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 30 2008, 11:42 PM) *
Awesome, thanks for putting this up smile.gif

For my predictions wink.gif:

Rose- 11.9 ppg 4.6 rpg 4.9 apg

Tyrus- 14.6 8.0 rpg 2.2 apg 2.7 bpg

Thabo- 10.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 3.4 apg

Noah- 6.8 ppg 8.6 rpg 1.4 bpg

Those are pretty tame. Tyrus dropped 16 last year, Thabo had 15.
dasox24
I know it's just summer league, but it's hard not to get excited to see Rose on the court for the 1st time in a Bulls jersey... As well as him playing with Tyrus, Thabo, Noah, etc...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:33 PM) *
Game 1: Monday, July 7 vs Miami (Rose vs Beasley)

Game 2: Tuesday, July 8 vs Indiana

Game 3: Wednesday, July 9 vs Orlando

Game 4: Thursday, July 10 vs New Jersey (should be a good PG match-up with Rose/Williams)

Game 5: Friday, July 11 vs Seattle (Rose vs Wetbrook)

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Magic_to_Hos...-274224-66.html

Paxson said in today's press conference that we should expect to see Rose, Nichols, Thomas, Gray, and Noah. I'd assume Thabo might be there as well.

Hopefully Thabo is there as additional playing time would be good for him. The only reason I wouldn't expect him there is if he is playing on his international team (assuming Sweden (or was it Switzerland) has a team) in the summer olympics? Or am I completely off-based there.
Chisoxfn
I wonder what the tv schedule will be. I'd have to imagine ESPN will cover the Rose/Beasley game (they usually televise at least a few summer league games). Hell with the advent of NBA TV I wouldn't be surprised if they televise some of the summer league games as well (what else are they going to show during July).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 11:52 PM) *
I wonder what the tv schedule will be. I'd have to imagine ESPN will cover the Rose/Beasley game (they usually televise at least a few summer league games). Hell with the advent of NBA TV I wouldn't be surprised if they televise some of the summer league games as well (what else are they going to show during July).

The Magic website will videocast all the games live online, not sure about TV games.
Chisoxfn
What can you guys tell me about this Nichols character that the Bulls are keeping over Curry (who essentially was released by the Bulls or am I mistaken by that). I saw where they gave Nichols a qualifying offer but not Curry.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 11:55 PM) *
What can you guys tell me about this Nichols character that the Bulls are keeping over Curry (who essentially was released by the Bulls or am I mistaken by that). I saw where they gave Nichols a qualifying offer but not Curry.

Curry obviously has the off-court issues, but Nichols was the 15th man on the roster nearly the entire season. Didn't play much at all. He's a SF with a good outside shot. Here's he scouting report...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/d...risnichols.html
ZoomSlowik
IIRC NBATV normally televises a fair number of the summer league games. Pretty sure that's a premium channel on most providers though.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:58 PM) *
Curry obviously has the off-court issues, but Nichols was the 15th man on the roster nearly the entire season. Didn't play much at all. He's a SF with a good outside shot. Here's he scouting report...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/d...risnichols.html

Thanks Slav. I remembered him on the roster, but for some reason, can't picture him actually on the court other than for a couple minutes (but I was pretty terrible towards the end of the season at watching the games cause all I'd do was get frustrated with the absolute piss poor fundementals the Bulls were displaying most of the season; as well as the horrid rotations Boylan was throwing out there).

I'm so thrilled about the changes made at the coaching ranks (loved Skiles a lot and am very appreciative of what he did) as I really believe Del Negro and the new assistants are going to be tremendous assets. I say this with the assumption the Bulls get Harris which I think will be huge. You have Harris and Bickerstaff as well as some solid developmental coaches and you are talking about a tremendous coaching staff (one that rivals what the Bulls used to do when Phil Jackson was here, where Phil was a more quiet, motivator and his assistants were much more engulfed in the X's and O's throughout the season; although Phil would take over in key situations).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 30 2008, 10:02 PM) *
IIRC NBATV normally televises a fair number of the summer league games. Pretty sure that's a premium channel on most providers though.

Yeah, its typically on the sports tier for most cable networks (or at least my network). SO essentially as long as you get NFL/ESPNews than you should get NBA TV.
DutheDoduhon21
pax said practice for summer league starts thursday. im exited to see what rose does with tyrus and noah and even thabo if he plays. it will be interesting to see who the bulls fill up the rest of their roster with.
Chisoxfn
What would be cool is if the Bulls could bring the euro player over for summer league each year to just get him familiar with the coaching staff and let the Bulls brass give him pointers and have there coaches help him on getting better. Obviously the Euro League team would have a hissy fit since he could potentially get hurt and would than have an impact on the Euro Team (since they are paying his salary, not the Bulls).
Balta1701-B
So I take it none of the Bulls will be playing in the Las Vegas summer league this year? Crap. I was actually going to be in Vegas for the first few days of that league.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Isn't the Vegas Summer League supposedly the best one?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 1 2008, 12:56 PM) *
Isn't the Vegas Summer League supposedly the best one?

Yes. It's far more organized and what not. Many more teams also compete.
DutheDoduhon21
there will be a 4 day mini camp at the berto center july 3-6, and then 5 games in 5 days in orlando.

BULLS SUMMER-CAMP ROSTER (subject to change)
No. Name Pos Ht | Wt Born College/Country 2007.08 Team

1 Derrick Rose G 6-3 | 190 10/04/88 Memphis Memphis (NCAA)
2 P.J. Couisnard G 6-4 | 217 10/17/84 Wichita State Wichita State (NCAA)
3 Marcel Jones F 6-8 | 215 Oregon State Oregon State (NCAA)
6 Keith Langford G 6-4 | 215 09/15/83 Kansas San Antonio Spurs/Angelico Biella (Italy)
13 Joakim Noah F 6-11 | 232 02/25/85 Florida Chicago Bulls
15 Cedric Simmons F 6-9 | 235 01/03/86 North Carolina State Chicago Bulls
17 Justin Bowen F 6-7 | 210 05/26/83 UIC Austin Toros (NBDL)
20 JamesOn Curry G 6-3 | 190 01/07/86 Oklahoma State Chicago Bulls/Iowa Energy (NBDL)
21 Chris Charles C 7-0 | 222 02/23/81 Villanova Elkhart Express (IBL)
22 Brad Buckman F 6-9 | 245 01/11/84 Texas UMobitelco (Romania)
24 Tyrus Thomas F 6-9 | 215 08/17/86 Louisiana State Chicago Bulls
34 Aaron Gray C 7-0 | 270 12/07/84 Pittsburgh Chicago Bulls
35 Demetris Nichols F 6-8 | 216 09/04/84 Syracuse Chicago Bulls/Iowa Energy (NBDL)
42 Keith Gayden F 6-8 | 215 12/15/83 Duquesne Elgin Racers (IBL)
43 Doug Thomas F 6-8 | 245 09/20/83 Iowa Iowa Energy (NBDL)
44 Rashaun Freeman F 6-9 | 255 12/15/84 Massachusetts Nantes (France)
54 Will Daniels F 6-8 | 228 04/21/86 Rhode Island Rhode Island (NCAA)

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/summer_league08.html
SoxFan1
A lineup of Rose/Langford/Simmons/Thomas/Noah should be pretty fun to watch.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2 2008, 04:51 PM) *
A lineup of Rose/Langford/Simmons/Thomas/Noah should be pretty fun to watch.

Yes, absolutely fun to watch...

A couple of side notes here: I'm not surprised Thabo isn't participating, but it would have been fun to see him there too. And, none of the free agents on the team seem to excite me much expect for Langford. I guess they didn't bother signing any of the bigger UDFA's since even if they do play really well, there's not really a spot for them on this team. Plus, it just means even more PT for Rose/Thomas/Noah...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
That kinda stinks Thabo won't be there. I heard he had a kid, maybe that has something to do with it, or he just flat out didn't wanna be in it?
TeaLeafReaderII
The vegas league is geared more towards fans and making money. The competitions really isn't that different.

And if there is any international compettion going on, you can pretty much count on Thabo participating. Him and his brother are the leaders of the Swiss team. I'm not sure if they will be in gthe olympics though. I think the crushing loss to Deng and Great Britain last summer knocked him ougt;.
Balta1701-B
The first two days of Bulls summer league minicamp have featured more drills than scrimmages. That hasn't stopped Derrick Rose and Tyrus Thomas from hooking up on the first of what they hope will be many alley-oop dunk connections.

"It's going to be good for me playing with him," Thomas said. "I'll be able to get up and down the floor."
Link
DutheDoduhon21
what time does tomorrow's game start? the schedule is on the bulls site but it doesnt say if its central time or not.
Steve9347
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/summerleague.html

Yet again, watch all the games live, online.
Chisoxfn
That should be sweet. I'm going to try and catch part of the game tonight. Rose vs Beasley
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The Bulls should be playing sometime around 5.
DutheDoduhon21
The Bulls should be playing sometime around 5.

says on nba.com 4:00 central time.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Hmm, maybe the times at Orlando.com are eastern so that sounds about right.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Shoot, I think you have to have NBA TV to view the games. This sucks, it wasn't that way last year!
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 7 2008, 02:49 PM) *
Shoot, I think you have to have NBA TV to view the games. This sucks, it wasn't that way last year!

No you don't it's working fine.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
For some dumb reason I can't view the games. I was fine with it last year but this year I can't. Gay!
HardWorkin'Hinrich
These announcers are SOOO ANNOYING!! They are not even talking about basketball. Just reading emails and not even calling the action. Its ridiculous.
Serbbojo
video was working fine for me for the first game but now it wont buffer to 100percent
HardWorkin'Hinrich
Yeah me too. Hopefully they just cut the feed and will turn it back on when the game starts.
Steve9347
Bulls brought the house.
Steve9347
Tyrus with the big foul already.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
YEah this is great. Its exactly what we want to see in summer league; the refs blowing their whistle on every possesion.
DutheDoduhon21
they really need to stop calling tyrus the soul eater.
ZoomSlowik
Not looking so hot so far, Noah and Tyrus struggling to score inside. Down 10-8 I think, Rose and Thomas each with two. Beasley is shooting a lot.
Serbbojo
so far im not impressed by Rose
ZoomSlowik
Meh, Tyrus still thinks he's a jump-shooter.
dasox24
Well, I'm just glad I finally got the video to work about a minute before the quarter ended... Seems like I haven't missed much; let's hope that changes.
DutheDoduhon21
its hard to tell but it looks like gray lost weight.
ZoomSlowik
Stephan Lasme is dominating this game right now.
Serbbojo
this second string is terrible
dasox24
Damn, that's 2 straight possessions Simmons got owned by Lasme... That's not a way to impress Bulls management.
dasox24
Who the hell is "lionel chalmers?"

The guy who keeps saying that is a moron. How are you gonna mess up "Mario" with "Lionel" when this guy is a pretty well-known player? Hell, even if he was some no-name scrub, if you're announcing the game, you should be prepared and not mess that up.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Can someone give me a score update? Who's looking good/bad? I hear Tyrus has like 3 blocks but has played poorly overall, along with Joakim. What about Rose?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 7 2008, 04:49 PM) *
Can someone give me a score update? Who's looking good/bad? I hear Tyrus has like 3 blocks but has played poorly overall, along with Joakim. What about Rose?

They all look pretty bad, down like 13. Rose is like 1-3 with 2 turnovers, Tyrus is like 1-4 (only saw one block), Noah hasn't been finishing at all inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.