Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rose has date in Kane County court
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Derrick Rose, the No. 1 draft choice of the Chicago Bulls and the NBA, will step into a Kane County court to face charges of driving more than 100 m.p.h. on the Reagan Tollway, his attorney said Tuesday.

Rose, 19, who lives in Chicago's West Englewood community, was driving a 2008 Land Rover on April 29 when he was stopped at 2:58 a.m. about a mile west of Illinois Highway 47 for allegedly going 106 m.p.h. in a 65-m.p.h. zone, according to Kane County court records. He is scheduled to appear in court July 11.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...,0,229117.story
i dont think its that big of a deal, if he were asked about it im sure he would say it was a big mistake. im surprised it didnt come out before the draft though, not that it would have changed anything because the bulls probably already knew.
dasox24
Eh, like you said, it's not that big of a deal. I mean, you never want to see your guys getting in trouble with the law. But, this happened over 2 months ago and while it was dumb as hell to be driving that fast, he's certainly not the 1st person to do that. It's a hell of a lot better than him getting in trouble for a DUI or something of that nature.
Balta1701-B
Lance Briggs says "Great work kid, you've earned a contract extension"
Chicago Bulls Franchise
People shouldn't make a big deal outta this. I mean, who hasn't driven over the speed limit before? He wasn't Drunk, he wasn't smoking weed, he wasn't stealing anything, no big deal!
Chisoxfn
Its not that big of a deal, but its obviously dangerous going 106MPH at that time of hour (let alone any hour). Its dark out and you can't possibly have the road vision to be able to react or brake in time if there is something out there (considering its dark out).

Hopefully this isn't a typical thing and given he has 0 tickets I wouldn't think it is.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Its not that big of a deal, but its obviously dangerous going 106MPH at that time of hour (let alone any hour). Its dark out and you can't possibly have the road vision to be able to react or brake in time if there is something out there (considering its dark out).

Hopefully this isn't a typical thing and given he has 0 tickets I wouldn't think it is.

He might not have the road vision, but I wont complain if he has the court vision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.