Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Duhon offered starting job with Knicks
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
I wonder how he'd handle D'Antoni's system.
ZoomSlowik
I think he could do fairly well. Obviously he isn't anywhere near the scorer that Nash is and that plays a huge role in their offense, but he is a pretty good athlete that can distribute the ball well and doesn't turn it over, and I'd think more open-court situations where he doesn't have to drive and finish in traffic would help. He's also consistently hit in the mid-30's in 3's, though that could go down with more attempts. If nothing else it'll help a lot that he's not a guy that looks for his shot first and foremost and will play some defense.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow, I'm surprised. I don't think Duhon is much of a starter. Maybe he plays better in a different system?
DutheDoduhon21
its down to the knicks and magic, orlando even had howard make an appearance to help convince duhon.
Cowch
It's crazy how much those teams want Duhon. He must be feeling pretty good right now.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Cowch @ Jul 3 2008, 12:37 PM) *
It's crazy how much those teams want Duhon. He must be feeling pretty good right now.

I think the bigger thing is that there just aren't a whole lot of legit PG's available. Unless you're giving up a fair amount of talent in a trade your only other real option is Beno Udrih, who was really more of a scoring PG last year and will likely cost a fair amount more. I'm not a fan of Duhon as a starter either, but as long as you don't need him to score (which Orlando definitely doesn't and the Knicks probably don't) he could be a reasonably serviceable short-term option in the absence of a really good option.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 3 2008, 10:09 AM) *
Wow, I'm surprised. I don't think Duhon is much of a starter. Maybe he plays better in a different system?

Duhon is an above average defender and at least an average handler of an offense (maybe even above average). His only real weaknesse are related to his poor offensive game (bad shooter, bad when he drives).
Sanitarium
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473845

It's finally over. This just made my holiday alot better. I'm so glad duhon is gone.
dasox24
I may be in the minority here, but I liked Duhon. I hope he does well for the Knicks (though I hope the Knicks still suck)...
Wanne
If Chris Duhon is the starting PG for the Knicks...what does that say about that team?!?
eddog2
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 5 2008, 05:30 PM) *
If Chris Duhon is the starting PG for the Knicks...what does that say about that team?!?

Will Duhon finally have real fantasy b-ball value? He can hit the outside shot and running a D'Antoni offense his assists numbers might be pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.