Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nocioni Claims Bulls Selfish
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Nocioni targets Olympic glory
PA SportsTicker
Published: Monday, July 07, 2008

Argentina forward Andres Nocioni is determined to make up for past disappointments when he takes to the court at this summer's Olympic Games.

The Chicago Bulls player feels he has been dogged by bad luck since he missed a crucial three-pointer against Spain which meant Argentina missed out on a place in the 2006 FIBA World Championship final.

Argentina lost the game 75-74 as the Spanish went on to claim the title.

Nocioni's misery was compounded as he missed last year's FIBA Americas Championship - the qualifying competition for the Olympics - with a foot injury and failed to help the Bulls advance to the NBA play-offs.

"I want to stop the bad luck at the Olympics. I want to take revenge for everything I have endured recently," Nocioni told La Nacion newspaper. "That's why I have been preparing for the Olympic Games for one and a half months."

Nocioni also hit out at his Bulls team-mates, criticising them for being too selfish.

He added: "This season's Chicago was the worst team I have ever played in. I hope we can change it soon.

"Being back in the national team means playing as a team, respecting each other's roles."

The 28-year-old feels he is an important figure in an Argentina team which is packed with leaders and looking to defend the gold medal they won four years ago in Athens.

He said: "I always feel I am important to the national team. I don't know if I will be a leader, but I will contribute my effort, my will, playing well and training full time."

Obviously we all saw how many people had personal agenda's last year, but Nocioni's quotes pretty much confirm such. Hopefully Del Negro and the current staff can get things straightened out and get this squad playing in unison again.
DutheDoduhon21
i think nocioni was a little selfish himself as well as a bunch of other players so he has no room to talk. but it was pretty ovious that it was happening.
Chisoxfn
Nocioni is the one guy on the squad that I would be very very hard pressed to call selfish. You can make clear cases for Noah, Tyrus, Deng, Gordon (the latter two over there contracts), as well as Duhon. But Nocioni had his own incident with Boylan (who was a horrid head coach) and it really had nothing to do with being selfish (imo). I think he was clearly frustrated with the absolute lack of direction coming from the coaching staff or even any of the players.

The Bulls have notoriously lacked a leader on the court as well as a true legitimate complete scorer (Gordon is the closest thing and while he's a tremendous scorer, I wouldn't call him a complete scorer). Skiles was always the leader on the team and we'll just have to hope that Rose has the ability to become a leader although I have my doubts as to how much of a vocal leader he will be (and the reality is, teams need to have a guy or two capable of doing such).
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8 2008, 01:16 PM) *
Nocioni is the one guy on the squad that I would be very very hard pressed to call selfish. You can make clear cases for Noah, Tyrus, Deng, Gordon (the latter two over there contracts), as well as Duhon. But Nocioni had his own incident with Boylan (who was a horrid head coach) and it really had nothing to do with being selfish (imo). I think he was clearly frustrated with the absolute lack of direction coming from the coaching staff or even any of the players.

The Bulls have notoriously lacked a leader on the court as well as a true legitimate complete scorer (Gordon is the closest thing and while he's a tremendous scorer, I wouldn't call him a complete scorer). Skiles was always the leader on the team and we'll just have to hope that Rose has the ability to become a leader although I have my doubts as to how much of a vocal leader he will be (and the reality is, teams need to have a guy or two capable of doing such).

Nocioni blew up at Boylan for benching him a few minutes into a game where he had thirty relative flown in and in the stands... it was just as selfish as anything else..
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 8 2008, 06:25 PM) *
Nocioni blew up at Boylan for benching him a few minutes into a game where he had thirty relative flown in and in the stands... it was just as selfish as anything else..

I didn't think that was the actual reason behind his tirade, just happened to be the circumstance. I just find it hard to question Nocioni of all people. He's been nothing but a team player throughout his career. In addition, the fact that he snapped was what blew me over the top in regards to just how much Boylan STUNK. He had absolutely zero control over the team and it showed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.