Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuggets Targeting Kirk? Livingston?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
Kirk to the Nuggets?

Would we want Camby for Kirk? I'm not sure I want that straight up b/c Camby is getting up there and probably won't help us win a title.

If we could do a multiple player deal that involved maybe Kirk/Deng/Tyrus for Camby/Melo I'd be all over it. We'd then throw Noah out there with Camby at the 5.

Camby
Noah
Melo
Gordon/Thabo
Rose

I know someone is going to bash this post but I am getting tired of Paxson doing nothing and I need to keep myself entertained.
DutheDoduhon21
i dont know if i want anything back from he nuggets, they have some good defensive pieces like camby, nene, and martin but they arnt going to put points on the board and thats what we need. i really dont think we are going to be able to pry away melo from them without givig up too much.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 9 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Kirk to the Nuggets?

Would we want Camby for Kirk? I'm not sure I want that straight up b/c Camby is getting up there and probably won't help us win a title.

If we could do a multiple player deal that involved maybe Kirk/Deng/Tyrus for Camby/Melo I'd be all over it. We'd then throw Noah out there with Camby at the 5.

Camby
Noah
Melo
Gordon/Thabo
Rose

I know someone is going to bash this post but I am getting tired of Paxson doing nothing and I need to keep myself entertained.

I really think a Camby for Kirk deal is very logical. Camby gives the Bulls one more big that can run the floor and really help the Bulls. Having that veteran presence to go with Tyrus/Noah and another vet in Gooden would be really nice. The Bulls than can have Deng/Nocioni rotate at the 3 and go with Gordon/Thabo/Hughes/Rose at the 2 guard spots.

The team should be able to play strong defense and run the floor and the Bulls would still have enough shooters (Noc/Gordon) to take advantage of Rose's drive and kick abilities.

However, if you expand the deal to include Melo (the deal you proposed, ie Hinrich/Deng/Tyrus), I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love that lineup. I don't think the Nuggets make that deal though.
ZoomSlowik
I want nothing to do with Martin and Nene, they're both grossly overpaid and have contracts that run through 2011 and 2012 respectively. Even if they took back Hughes you're just adding an extra year (or two) of an awful contract for bad productions. Camby is really the only thing that makes sense unless the Bulls pony up for Melo.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9 2008, 10:37 PM) *
I want nothing to do with Martin and Nene, they're both grossly overpaid and have contracts that run through 2011 and 2012 respectively. Even if they took back Hughes you're just adding an extra year (or two) of an awful contract for bad productions. Camby is really the only thing that makes sense unless the Bulls pony up for Melo.

I completely agree with you regarding Nene/Martin. I don't even necessarily know if I do Hinrich for Camby straight up, but the thing that makes the deal attractive is the Nuggets hold the Bobcats #1. If the Bulls get that in the deal, it gives them not only some help now (Camby) but a pick that could get additional talent (or get packaged in come draft deal with other players to get another piece).

I will also say that I'm starting to think Shaun Livingston would be a great pick-up. If he works out you really could afford to have both him and Rose on the court at the same time (given Livingston's length, which will enable him to guard most two's, although a post-up two would give Livingston some trouble). There is obviously a lot of risk there but he's an incredibly gifted passer and ball-handler and having two guys that can run a fast-break at the same time (yet match up appropriately defensively) could turn into a defensive nightmare for the opposition.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I think this is old news. I would do a deal for Kirk that involved Camby in a heartbeat.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 9 2008, 10:44 PM) *
I think this is old news. I would do a deal for Kirk that involved Camby in a heartbeat.

It is definitely an old article (July 1st) but the Nuggets (and Warriors) are in dire need of a PG and will be trading for one. Hinrich will likely be the top target of any team looking for a PG (which should mean the Bulls get excellent value for Kirk). Heck, just look out on the FA front, Duhon was the best of the bunch (well Baron Davis technically) and now the only nice option is Shaun Livingston (coming off a serious injury and should not be counted as anything more than a bench player).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.