Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too little too late for the Bulls?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF; your game analyzer

Before this Series had ever begun, many Bulls fans, including myself had the Bulls making this a tough series for Miami and some even had us winning. After two games the Bulls have fallen 0-2 in the series. Let me tell you, 94% of the teams that go up 2-0 in the playoffs, go on to win the series. Now IMO I dont think a series is over untill you lose a home game meaning If the Bulls lose Game 3 then its pretty much sealed.

One thing that has hurt the Bulls Immensly throughout the season has been inconsistency. As you saw in Game 1 Ben Gordon played great but was a no show in Game 2. Then during game 2 Nocioni stepped up with 30 points. This is expected from a jumpshooting team because the Bulls have no frontcourt at all.

I like a quote from Charles Barkley during halftime of our game last night. He said, " You cant expect the Bulls to keep shooting 60% in the 2nd half, he was right. Its plain and simple, if the Bulls shoot poorly they cant win because there is nobody to go to in the inside.

Game 3 is at Chicago on Thursday and Wade is coming home to Chicago, lets hope he plays nervous and out of style. The main thing we need to do in order to win Thursday is get off to a good start. That most certainly did not happen yesterday in Game 2 when Miami jumped off to a 8-0 run. If we can take the lead in the first half I think we put ourselves in a good position to win the game.

Another thing that concerned me is Miami's role players and how well they played. Williams,Posey,Walker and Payton all had 10+ points and Walker added 10 rebounds. We cant let them go off like that in Game 3 if we want to win. We need to play better defense and box out all the time to not allow Miami for 2nd chance points. I was wondering why we were behind at the end of the 1st half but then I looked at the 2nd chance points and then I knew. We were shooting 61% and Miami 57% but yet we were behind. Miami had 8 offensive rebounds in the first half wich help them get off 12 more shots than the Bulls in the first half. That is a "Must" for the Bulls to win. NO SECOND CHANCE POINTS!!

Lets root for the Bulls throughout the rest of the series, GO BULLS!! bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 25 2006, 02:14 PM)
Let me tell you, 94% of the teams that go up 2-0 in the playoffs, go on to win the series.

IIRC, that number is a bit slanted by the fact that for a long time the NBA had 5 game series in the first round of the playoffs.
BuLLzDoMaIn
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 25 2006, 04:21 PM)
IIRC, that number is a bit slanted by the fact that for a long time the NBA had 5 game series in the first round of the playoffs.

So true.

Dont count us out.
B-4-Bulls
First of all, Good post. secondly I HATE CHARLES BARKLEY, that fat sack of....
BuLLzDoMaIn
Charles will never like the Bulls thats 4 sure. Even if we beat the heat he will talk sh*t.
The Gladiator
This team is full of inconsistent players, lets hope they get better this offseason to propel us farther into the playoffs.
sport1016
Inocnsistent is the best and only way to describe them

between hinrich, gordon, deng, and noc any one of them could be a future all-star but none of them are even on that radar outside of chicago
it'll be toughtest for hinrich and gordon bc of iverson, wade, arenas, billups, vinsanity

don't forget though that both chandler (waiting for a contract) and deng (wrist rehab) didn't get to work on their games all summer

i expect huge gains from both of them this offseason........i hope

if deng's outside shot improves and chandler works on catching a basketball in traffic, just one post move, and not jumping at shot fakes (ok maybe thats asking a lot)

we will be more consistent next year
Balta1701-B
One of the other real keys for consistency is finding someone in the offseason who can create matchup problems for other teams, someone who other teams actually scheme around and try to stop. Right now, Gordon is the closest we have to that, but he's not good at generating his own shot, let alone creating shots for others.

This team needs an anchor of some sort, a go-to guy, who can have everything flow around him. He doesn't have to have the biggest numbers in history, but he needs to be reliable enough that we can go to him in a cold streak.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Apr 25 2006, 02:34 PM)
First of all, Good post. secondly I HATE CHARLES BARKLEY, that fat sack of....

Barkely really cracks me up. I know he'll say some controversial things, but he's genuinely a funny guy who will speak whats on his mind. For the most part I like players/people that are willing to say whats on there mind, even if it steps on a person or two (as long as they aren't just intentional cheap shots at a person).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.