Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcus Jordan.. The Next MJ?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Link
this post is from the ESPN boards, not me but thought u guys might want to know about this....

Jordan's son, Marcus, is a 14 year old star.

For the second time in five days, Marcus Jordan, the youngest son of basketball legend Michael Jordan, again led the Rising Stars to victory at the 14-U AAU National Tournament with a basket at the buzzer. Jordan, already one of the top Class of 2009 basketball prospects in Illinois, is watching his stock continue to soar with his strong play. With his team trailing the Houston SuperStars by one point with 3.9 seconds to play, Jordan caught the inbounds pass at the three-point arc on the opposite end of the court. He then turned on his blazing speed, and proceeded to knife down the right side of the basketball court, slicing through every defender on the floor. Jordan then exploded to the basket for a layup at the buzzer to win the game 47-46. Jordan, who also hit a game-winning basket in the closing seconds of a game during Pool Play, sent the crowd at the Disney Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida into a frenzy with his latest heroics. Jordan, a 6-2 wing, finished the contest with 20 points and 15 rebounds. In each of their last three games, the Rising Stars have entered the 4th quarter trailing their opposition. In each game they have come back to win. Jordan has recorded a double-double in each of those victories. The Rising Stars now have a 7-1 record. Their only loss came after Jordan twisted an ankle, and was forced to miss the second half of the game.
nitetrain8601
Haha, now I see why the ESPN boards suck for info. They make the kid sound like a prodigy. Fact is, he'll have to walk on to play at UNC. That makes him nowhere near as good as that post/article makes him out to be.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 25 2006, 06:36 PM)
Haha, now I see why the ESPN boards suck for info. They make the kid sound like a prodigy. Fact is, he'll have to walk on to play at UNC. That makes him nowhere near as good as that post/article makes him out to be.

Hes 14!! Give the kid a break, hes a freshman. He still has 3 years left in highschool and most likely will get a full ride at UNC if he keeps improving. And then the Bulls can pick Him! biggrin.gif
nitetrain8601
Oops, I thought this was about Jeffrey. Sorry for the brainfart. I thought Marcus was a sophmore though. I also thought he played on the inside. Marcus will be good and he'll probably make the NBA. From what I've seen and heard, he's explosive and he's already better than Jeffrey is right now.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 25 2006, 06:48 PM)
Oops, I thought this was about Jeffrey. Sorry for the brainfart. I thought Marcus was a sophmore though. I also thought he played on the inside. Marcus will be good and he'll probably make the NBA. From what I've seen and heard, he's explosive and he's already better than Jeffrey is right now.

O ic, ya jeffrey Jordon wont get a scholarship I doubt, if he does itll be soley on his name laugh.gif
The Dude Abides
Jeffrey goes to my high school...Loyola Academy in wilmette ( i graduated 11 years ago, but how cool would that be to have mj's kid in your school?)
ChWRoCk2
That would be sweet if the bulls got him it would only make sense
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 25 2006, 09:12 PM)
That would be sweet if the bulls got him it would only make sense

Lets Pray! pray.gif
soxfan101
Kind of reminds me of the Jared Payton situation. I wanted the Bears to take him in the 7th.... When playing he actually hasnt been that bad if I remember right.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 25 2006, 07:08 PM)
O ic, ya jeffrey Jordon wont get a scholarship I doubt, if he does itll be soley on his name laugh.gif

Considering his dad is Michael Jordan... I don't think a scholarship is anything he cares about... he just wants to get minutes.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 25 2006, 11:12 PM)
Considering his dad is Michael Jordan... I don't think a scholarship is anything he cares about... he just wants to get minutes.

Im sure scouts will hype him up to have the potential of MJ.
madisonsmadhouse
How sad is it that at 14 people are talking about an NBA career already for this kid. How about we let him get through puberty first?
TeaLeafReaderII

my comment was about his college career.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.