Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Tyson is our rebounder
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
If Tyson's main and pretty much only job other than blocking 1.2 shots per game is to rebound...why is Noch averaging 11 rpg and leading the team? Actually, Noch is 8th in the NBA so far in playoff reb...pretty f'n impressive Noch!!!! g

Noch is 6'7 and Chandler is 7'1....

Please dont tell me to watch the game bc I have watched every single game this year(thank you tivo!).

I really think Tyson is setting us back. If we trade anybody this offseason it should be him. I really wanted him to work out here, to evolve, to be a playmaker on D...but it's just not happening.
WHarris1
Noc has played 17 more minutes per game in the playoffs.

Look at regular season numbers, that's a real sample size.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 26 2006, 06:00 PM)

But why is Noch playing 17 more mins?

Because when he is in there, he is productive and doesnt commit rookie fouls.

Also, wouldnt you agree that playoff performance is more critical and more impressive?
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 26 2006, 06:03 PM)

Also, wouldnt you agree that playoff performance is more critical and more impressive?

Of course playoff performance is more critical but you cannot tell me you make judgments off of 2 games...
bschmaranz
Because Tyson sucks... is that what you wanted to hear???
bulls91
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 26 2006, 06:00 PM)

it is also that he was playing most of the first game due to butterflys and other stuff.
BuLLzDoMaIn
Tyson gets fouls to fast for him to get all the rebs we need. If he could last 30 min he would be getting 10+rebs
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 26 2006, 06:23 PM)
it is also that he was playing most of the first game due to butterflys and other stuff.

do you mean Tyson had butterflies? sorry, didnt understand.
The Gladiator
Nocioni is our best rebounder, do you know why? Its called "DESIRE", "HEART",Determination etc... The best rebounder wont always be ur most athletic and your tallest or strongest, its ALWAYS the person who wants it more than the others and he sure is the one who does. Noc barely played the first half of the season, coming off the bench. I garantee you that he would have led the team in RBPG if he started the whole year.
The Gladiator
Tyson regressed from beginning to end. He didnt even avg 6 ppg thats pathetic, Its nearly impossible ot trade him though because of his big ass contract that Johnny boy Paxson fucked up.. He is a Carrer bench player unless he improves in the summer, if not, SO LONG TYSON!
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 26 2006, 07:12 PM)
Nocioni is our best rebounder, do you know why? Its called "DESIRE", "HEART",Determination etc... The best rebounder wont always be ur most athletic and your tallest or strongest, its ALWAYS the person who wants it more than the others and he sure is the one who does. Noc barely played the first half of the season, coming off the bench. I garantee you that he would have led the team in RBPG if he started the whole year.

Nocioni played 1 more minute than Tyson this year and still average 3 less rebounds...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 26 2006, 06:03 PM)

Because Noc is guarding soft Antoine Walker, and not a 340 pound Shaquille ONeal? Duh?
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 26 2006, 05:57 PM)
I really think Tyson is setting us back. If we trade anybody this offseason it should be him. I really wanted him to work out here, to evolve, to be a playmaker on D...but it's just not happening.

Its there a market for a guy that:

1) Makes 60+ Million
2) Has no offensive game, has never had an offensive game, and will never
have an offensive game.
3) Has no basketball IQ
4) Can't even average double digit rebounds.
BullsFan123
Chandler is a great rebounder... but yeah the problem is that he's going up against the Diesel.... And that means foul trouble... everyone pretty much fouls a lot againsts him.. thats why a team has to use soo many bodies againsts him... And I think Chandler gets a lot of those "im a rookie" calls instead of "superstart calls or even veteran calls"..... And this is just one playoffs series, and thats going up against shaq.... Last year Chandler posted up some decent playoff numbers...
And another reason why Chandler isnt getting much rebounds is bacause hes focusing too much on blocking out shaq so he doesnt get an offensive rebound...and then a dunk.... and thats a good thing... And thats why most of his teammates r getting the boards instead of him....
Bullies4Life
lets not forget the opposing team's gameplan >>>> make sure Chandler doesnt go crazy on the boards (because he has the ability to do it) Teams focus bigtime on making sure chandler gets boxed.... why? because he is the best rebounder on the team....

-yeah noc might be a better rebounder, for HIS SIZE THAT is...... but face it... chandler can get more rebounds if he plays 35 mins.. But then again, Chandler doesnt stay on the court too long banghead.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.