Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Suns, 1/31/09
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Looked decent against 2 horrid teams. Now, 2nd night of a back to back, on the road, 4th night of 3 games in 4 nights. Bulls pasted the Suns in Chicago back in November, but that was without Shaq. Steve Nash has been on an assist money roll lately.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
(KNOCK ON WOOD) How wonderful it would be to break our 3 game win streak curse tonight against Phoenix!
Balta1701-B
Bulls actually looked really good in the first. Gordon on fire. Starting and correct lineup looked very good, Rose, TT, Noah, Deng, Gordon. Still work to do...Tyrus really needs to get consistent on that shot from the top of the key, Noah needs to watch the silly foul and still has work to do on learning to get and hold position, they all need time to play together, but they were moving well, creating space, moving the ball, and creating good shots.

Of course, it only lasted about 6 minutes, because you just have to get the small lineup in against Shaq. Gordon has kept us ahead with some ridiculous shots. Thabo playing well also.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Rose defense sucked in the 1st half but his offense kept us scoring along with Gordon. Tyrus had a poor 1st half though he got robbed on one of his blocks that was clearly a block. Shaq gets away with anything, and the way Gordon is playing Barbosa should be illegal, he's scoring at will. The refs have been terrible IMO against the Bulls. They miss a couple of fouls and the step out of bounds by Barbosa was brutal. Bulls- 8 free throws in 1st half, Suns- 20 free throws. This is one of those games Derrick should be able to win almost single handily, Nash will be having nightmares before this game is over guarding him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This has been one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen in a Bulls game. Were going to lose because of it. The Suns aren't doing anything, its the guys in the stripes. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL, the league should be embarrassed by this. 34 FTA to 11 FTA..
MB33
that grant hill dunk brought back memories
Chicago Bulls Franchise
First 3 game winning streak of the season! First 3 game road winning streak since 2005! Who knows, maybe it's a turning point of the season. Now we've got a tough one against the Rockets.
Balta1701-B
Huge win for the Bulls. Overall, just about everyone looked good. Tyrus and Thabo were solid and were all over the place even if they didn't get the numbers, Noah was roughly average on Shaq but needs to stay out of foul trouble, Rose and Gordon were dynamite scoring, Hinrich and Noc and Deng weren't bad. Gray was useful on Shaq also. Refs were terrible against us, some really cheap fouls, didn't slow us down.

Solid performance all around. Still room to grow, Tyrus with the shooting, Noah with the foul trouble, Rose just all around, Gordon playing off people, Deng generating a little more and avoiding the silly TO.

Why did Hinrich play over Rose for the last 6 min?
DutheDoduhon21

it looked like his ankle was bothering him. but a big win for us, fun to watch. 3 straight!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 31 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Huge win for the Bulls. Overall, just about everyone looked good. Tyrus and Thabo were solid and were all over the place even if they didn't get the numbers, Noah was roughly average on Shaq but needs to stay out of foul trouble, Rose and Gordon were dynamite scoring, Hinrich and Noc and Deng weren't bad. Gray was useful on Shaq also. Refs were terrible against us, some really cheap fouls, didn't slow us down.

Solid performance all around. Still room to grow, Tyrus with the shooting, Noah with the foul trouble, Rose just all around, Gordon playing off people, Deng generating a little more and avoiding the silly TO.

Idk but that bothers me. My guess is for defense but you don't ever take out your franchise player for that reason. Cleveland doesn't take out Lebron in the 4th because he's a bad defender. I'd like an explanation from VDN on that one.

Looking at the boxscore I noticed Amare only had 7 attempts and then I quickly came to the realization that they shot 18 more FT's in the game than the Bulls. It's actually kind of sad Phoenix didn't win because the refs tried their best to give them the game.
Sanitarium
Is Lu actually returning to form?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 31 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Looking at the boxscore I noticed Amare only had 7 attempts and then I quickly came to the realization that they shot 18 more FT's in the game than the Bulls. It's actually kind of sad Phoenix didn't win because the refs tried their best to give them the game.

Part of that was that our PF's did a solid job of denying him position and he couldn't out-quick our guys. Another part was that Shaq was just more effective.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.