Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chris Bosh To Chicago Via 3 Team Trade???
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
truthandbasketball
Bosh rumor gains steam
Raptors forward would head to Bulls, with Gooden, Thomas to Suns

BY BRIAN HANLEY bhanley@suntimes.com

The Amare Stoudemire trade talk still has the Bulls among the teams most involved, but a new scenario making the rounds has the Bulls taking part in a three-team deal that would bring Toronto Raptors star Chris Bosh to Chicago.

The rumored swap would send Stoudemire to Toronto and land the Phoenix Suns a package of players and draft picks from the Bulls, likely to include Drew Gooden and his expiring $7.2 million contract, Tyrus Thomas and a first-round pick.

Gar Forman, the Bulls' director of player personnel who's expected to become general manager once John Paxson gives up day-to-day duties, reportedly has taken the lead in the talks with the Suns.

Other teams said to be interested in Stoudemire are Detroit, Cleveland, Sacramento, Houston and (less likely) Portland. Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry was quoted on NBA.com as saying he doubted he would make any trades by the league deadline Thursday.

Suns president Steve Kerr said last week he expects all talks to go down to the deadline.

The Suns fired first-year coach Terry Porter on Monday and replaced him with assistant Alvin Gentry. The move might signal they are leaning toward keeping Stoudemire, at least until the summer, and making a playoff push. Or it might be an effort to make other teams believe that and increase their offers for the four-time All-Star forward.

Various reports indicate the Suns have been underwhelmed by the offers they have received for Stoudemire, 26. Teams believe Phoenix has little leverage because it needs to shed Stoudemire's contract to get under the $71.15 million salary cap and avoid paying the luxury tax of $1 for every $1 over the limit.

Stoudemire earns $15 million this season and is owed $16.4 million next season, with a player option worth $17.7 million in 2010-11. His agent has said they will want a maximum contract extension of more than $100 million over five or six seasons from the team that trades for him or once he is a free agent.

The 6-10, 230-pound Bosh, also a four-time All-Star, turns 24 next month. He makes $14 million this season and $15.8 million next season, with a player option of $17.1 million in 2010-11.

Porter, who replaced Mike D'Antoni last summer, was unpopular with Suns players. He will be paid more than $4 million remaining on his three-year contract, increasing the team's red ink.

''I hired Terry because I believed he would be able to provide the balance our team needed in order to perform at a very high level,'' Kerr said. ''Unfortunately, the transition from last season to this one proved to be very difficult, and we have not played to our potential.

''It's imperative that we move forward and do what's best for our team. Alvin has been an integral part of our successes the previous four years and knows our talent as well as anyone.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/...-bull17.article
dasox24
Bosh would be even better than getting Stoudemire. Get it done, Gar!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Chyea... Bosh would be nice wouldn't he? He'd be my top choice of big men before Amare but nothings happening, I'm too down from the Amare stuff that I can't get up for anything. I'm just going to wait this out and see what happens. I know I'll be disappointed. sad.gif
Cowch
Trade talks always make my head spin. Thursday couldn't come soon enough! Bosh is younger, so why not? But I agree with CBF; I'm not getting as excited this time.
MB33
nice to hear but I doubt will make any moves
Steve9347
Nothing is going to happen. The Sun-Times just wants to sell papers.
TheAIRMAN23
Bosh is two years younger, has no knee problems, and a freak athlete...for the love of god please take Chris Bosh...no more rumors. Can you tell this rumor chaos is takin its toll on my brain?
Balta1701-B
Bosh was the guy I wanted next to Rose all along anyway, and he's why I was hoping we might try clearing 2010 cap space.
TheAIRMAN23
Well with all this talk about Amar'e stayin in Phoenix, this is lookin like it won't happen, at least via 3 team trade....which is just terrible
truthandbasketball
No Bull, Bosh to stay

Another day, another Chris Bosh trade rumour to deny.

Only this time, GM Brian Colangelo beat the local media to the punch interrupting a question period about the Jermaine O'Neal/Shawn Marion trade to quash the latest fabrication.

"If I can be very clear here, there is no truth to that," Colangelo said after raising the issue of a reported three-way trade that had Bosh going to Chicago, a package of young players and expiring contracts headed to Phoenix from Chicago and Amare Stoudemire coming to Toronto.

"We have not had any discussions with regard to trading Chris Bosh," Colangelo stressed.

Bosh, who laughed off the latest rumour, went through a contact-free practice yesterday and is listed as questionable for tonight's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

He said he will see how his sprained right knee feels after shootaround today before making a decision. However, the fact that he has yet to go through a full practice and has not played in two weeks suggests Marion's Raptors debut will go off without Bosh in the lineup.

There was better news on the Jose Calderon and Joey Graham fronts. Calderon, who has missed time with a strained hamstring, will play tonight while Graham, who suffered a bruised shin in last Wednesday's game, also is good to go.

A SECOND LIFE?

Coach Jay Triano wants to get Marion immersed in the Raptors game plan as soon as possible but he may have to wait on Marcus Banks.

Banks, the seldom-used point guard who came over in the Marion deal from Miami, hasn't seen the court since a Jan. 31 game where he played just over four minutes. His previous appearance was on Jan. 2.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketbal...428121-sun.html
TheAIRMAN23
Well thats good news!!! bang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.