Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Posey
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
I have not seen the play in question. I was only able to watch the first half of the game as the 2nd half was spent in my night class. However, right after the game I called my dad and he said that he was listening to either the TV or radio and following the game they had the guy who reviews the calls for the NBA and he made it sound like Posey's shot on Hinrich was premeditated and that it deserved at least a game suspension (if not more).

The comments from this guy (which were relayed to me via my dad) were along the lines of Posey starring at Hinrich, looking at him and basically going after him. It wasn't one of those, something happens, you get pissed and whack...it was more Posey eyeballing him from a ways away, lowering his shoulder and going after him.

I must admit I'm glad a Bulls player pulled Hinrich away from the frucus cause the last thing we needed was to lose Hinrich to an ejection or suspension. He is the key to defending Wade or at least semi containing him.
TeaLeafReaderII
Ya they said something of the lines of Jackson saw it first hand and had a great view. they said jackson said Posey sized him up and then nailed him and he definitely deserved the flagrant and the toss... they kind of implied a suspension might be coming.
bschmaranz
I hope he's suspended, that was definitely a cheap shot. Really hard to judge whether or not he'll be suspended though. Artest got suspended for less, yet Posey didn't use a fist or an elbow (just a shoulder), so who knows what they'll do with it.
madisonsmadhouse
Posey basically hit Hinrich like a weakside linebacker. He ran him down, caught up with him, and bowled through him with a shoulder hit. I am being perfectly serious when I say that the best analogy to describe it is a high football tackle.

Posey deserves to be suspended, as there was zero attempt at the ball, or at grabbing him. He literally just ran him over.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Look at this spiff...he is trying to save his ass from suspension

Quoting Heat Forward James Posey
On the flagrant foul:
“I was just getting back on defense. They had the numbers and I was just trying to get back to cover. I was coming from the side. He didn't see me coming. It was a collision and that's all it was. It was nothing intentional, I didn't think it was that bad but I guess that's his (Stu Jackson) job to call them. We'll just have to see what happens.”

Posey = Pansy; atleast that is what i like to call him. I smell a suspension though, there is no way that the NBA will let that one go; if Haslem got suspended for throwing a mouthpiece, i am sure knockin someone to the ground intentionally will get you atleast one game.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ Apr 28 2006, 07:46 AM)
“I was just getting back on defense. They had the numbers and I was just trying to get back to cover. I was coming from the side. He didn't see me coming. It was a collision and that's all it was. It was nothing intentional, I didn't think it was that bad but I guess that's his (Stu Jackson) job to call them. We'll just have to see what happens.”

"The British Government has learned that Iraq recently sought significant quantities of Uranium from Africa"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky".

"I am not a crook".

"I have never used steroids. Period."
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28 2006, 06:00 AM)
Posey basically hit Hinrich like a weakside linebacker. He ran him down, caught up with him, and bowled through him with a shoulder hit. I am being perfectly serious when I say that the best analogy to describe it is a high football tackle.

Posey deserves to be suspended, as there was zero attempt at the ball, or at grabbing him. He literally just ran him over.

more of block... he didn't really try to wrap him up laugh.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Riley seems to hint it wasn't an accident like Posey is lamely claiming...

It didn't go over well with Miami coach Pat Riley either.

"Maybe something happened at the other end of the court, but I don't like that," Riley said of Posey's flagrant foul. "There has to be dignity in the game. It's a very physical game. Both teams were playing hard, there are a lot of screens, moving screens set over the course of the game. But I don't know what happened. I have to talk to him about it. I didn't like that."
The Gladiator
Yep, hes suspended for one game.. Link

Press Release - James Posey of the Miami Heat has been suspended one game without pay for knocking Chicago’s Kirk Hinrich to the floor, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

Posey was assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two for the incident which occurred with 3:15 remaining in the fourth period of the Bulls’ 109-90 win over the visiting Heat at the United Center on April 27. Posey will miss Game 4 of the series, which will be played at the United Center on Sunday, April 30. [READ]
madisonsmadhouse
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006...tory?id=2425940
The Gladiator
I already posted this... See the Other Posey thread, I didnt think it needed a new one so I posted it in there.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ Apr 28 2006, 09:46 AM)
Look at this spiff...he is trying to save his ass from suspension

Quoting Heat Forward James Posey
On the flagrant foul:

Posey = Pansy; atleast that is what i like to call him. I smell a suspension though, there is no way that the NBA will let that one go; if Haslem got suspended for throwing a mouthpiece, i am sure knockin someone to the ground intentionally will get you atleast one game.

He is obviously ignorant enough to believe anyone would fall for this BS. What a douche.
kyyle23
Its funny that Posey said what he did, but what is he supposed to say?

"Hell yes I meant to hit him like that, and I would do it again in a heartbeat."

He said what he said so the league wouldnt come down on him more for hunting Hinrich down and blasting him.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 29 2006, 07:05 AM)
Its funny that Posey said what he did, but what is he supposed to say?

"Hell yes I meant to hit him like that, and I would do it again in a heartbeat."

He said what he said so the league wouldnt come down on him more for hunting Hinrich down and blasting him.

Just say, "I made a mistake, heat of the moment and I let my emotions get the best of me"

Thats what I would say..
kyyle23
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 29 2006, 08:55 AM)
Just say, "I made a mistake, heat of the moment and I let my emotions get the best of me"

Thats what I would say..

I agree, i hope he would say something like that. We all know egos prevent that from happening though
Balta1701-B
Good, at least that bastard got what he had coming. You just can't do that in the NBA. You can barely do that in the NFL, when people are covered in tons of padding, as close to a blind side hit as it was.
RoseAngelKH12
that guy had it coming. doing that in the NBA is completely unnecessary and i think they should have suspended him longer coz' that is major BS and its the kind of thing that pisses me off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.