Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Pistons, 4/13/09
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Win. This. Game.
GreatScott82
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Win. This. Game.

This game shall be called 'Operation Avoid Cleveland'. Win tonight and the Pistons are garunteed the 8th seed.
Balta1701-B
Pistons Radio announcers were ripping VDN for his 3 guard lineup, which allowed the Pistons to make a late 1st half run and wound up getting Gordon his 3rd foul.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2009, 08:04 PM) *
Pistons Radio announcers were ripping VDN for his 3 guard lineup, which allowed the Pistons to make a late 1st half run and wound up getting Gordon his 3rd foul.

There is no correlation there. Gordon was guarding Stuckey. Please stop being stupid already. Clearly Ben Gordon's inability to defend or stay out of foul trouble is because Hinrich was guarding Tayshaun Prince. GMAFB.
Balta1701-B
Bulls are getting in trouble in the 3rd...
SoxFan1
LMAO. Nice job Tyrus.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Please stop being stupid already.

Apologies. Only have radio. Simply can't judge whether they're right or not.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Apologies. Only have radio. Simply can't judge whether they're right or not.

Seems like you'll take any retarded comment and try to spin it into some sort of anti-VDN/anti-small lineup crap.
SoxFan1
I gotta say, Tyrus is getting a lot more consistent within 15 feet or so.
Balta1701-B
Come on guys, how about a run to get this game in hadn
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Seems like you'll take any retarded comment and try to spin it into some sort of anti-VDN/anti-small lineup crap.

They brought it up like 6 times.
Balta1701-B
Damnit Miller...come on guys, hold it together...
Balta1701-B
Ok, come on, we're getting there...2 point game...come on guys...
Balta1701-B
Damnit Miller...gets tossed I think.
SoxFan1
Refs having a very questionable game.
SoxFan1
Gordon forcing up 3's. Where have I seen this before?

Oh...
Balta1701-B
Yes! Thank you DR1!
SoxFan1
Derrick Rose is kinda good.
Balta1701-B
Thank you for attacking the basket BG7!
Balta1701-B
Come on, 1 more FT...
Balta1701-B
Ballgame! Yahtzee! Booyeah!
Balta1701-B
The Bulls can not finish below .500.
SoxFan1
What a GIANT win.
Wanne
That was a HUGE win!!! Nice little comeback! Also...the decline of the Pistons has been so much fun to watch. Getting rid of Billups was IDIOTIC IMO.

BTW...the Bulls HAVE to bring Gordon back IMO...and find every way possible to dump Deng's contract on somebody (easier said than done).
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 13 2009, 07:20 PM) *
That was a HUGE win!!! Nice little comeback! Also...the decline of the Pistons has been so much fun to watch. Getting rid of Billups was IDIOTIC IMO.

For the short term, yeah. But if they're committing to dropping down for a season or two and then having cap space in 2010, it was necessary.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2009, 08:22 PM) *
For the short term, yeah. But if they're committing to dropping down for a season or two and then having cap space in 2010, it was necessary.

Not even, they'll have a ton of cap space this summer too with Iverson coming off the books. They're probably pushing hard for Boozer. At least that's what most are speculating.
chilord
What a win.

The Bulls just showed poise down the stretch, in the face of adversity, on the road, against a team with superior playoff experience in a game both teams WANTED and defeated the Pistons AND the refs 91-88. Derrick Rose ends the debate once and for all about who is the Rookie of the Year.

No worse than .500. No worse than 7th.

GO. BULLS.
Wanne
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2009, 09:22 PM) *

Just a question...but to go after who? I know the obvious...but what FA would want to go to a really aging team without a very bright future and in an armpit like Detroit?
danman31
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13 2009, 09:25 PM) *
Not even, they'll have a ton of cap space this summer too with Iverson coming off the books. They're probably pushing hard for Boozer. At least that's what most are speculating.

How much better would Boozer make them though? They need another scoring guard. Prince doesn't count.
Wanne
Off the current topic...I really wasn't impressed with Vinny early on...but I think once he settled in he's done a very nice job with these guys. Obviously the trade for Miller and Salmons was huge. Credit Pax for that. I've always been a Miller fan...hated to see him go the first time.
DutheDoduhon21
CHI-TOWN-BAS-KET-BALL!!!!!!!!!! lol huge win, chances of getting 6h seed are really good...philli plays boston and cleveland.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Both of those teams or atleast Cleveland will probably rest alot of their players since their spots are locked up and these final two games don't matter. I still think Philly loses atleast 1 of those last two games which puts us at the #6 spot assuming we win against Toronto which is far from a given.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 13 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Just a question...but to go after who? I know the obvious...but what FA would want to go to a really aging team without a very bright future and in an armpit like Detroit?

Well, they have Stuckey, Bynum, Afflalo, and Johnson which is a decent young core. Hamilton and Prince are 31 and 30 respectively next year. You add a Boozer and a Wade and in 2 years, you look like this:

Wade
Hamilton
Prince
Boozer
Johnson

With Stuckey, Afflalo, Bynum, Maxiell coming off the bench. If they do things right, they could be a good team again. However, from what I understand, they really want to add 2 legit big men and talks of Boozer in 09 and Stoudemire/Bosh in 2010 are abundant. They seem to have a lot of faith in Stuckey and they would optimally want to look like this...

Stuckey
Hamilton
Prince
Boozer
Bosh/Stoudemire

With Afflalo looking to take over for Hamilton a few years down the road, and probably an upcoming draft pick to replace Prince.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 13 2009, 09:28 PM) *
How much better would Boozer make them though? They need another scoring guard. Prince doesn't count.

If he's healthy, he makes them a lot better. Rasheed Wallace has been incredibly inconsistent this season and has actually cost them more than he has helped them. Piston's fans are tired of him and can't wait to see him and Iverson leave.
truthandbasketball
Bulls playing great basketball and getting the job done. Great Win!!! Keep it up!!!! bullssmilie1.jpg bullssmilie1.jpg bullssmilie1.jpg
MB33
give BG his money!With salmons,BG and rose they are tough to stop because they spread the floor Pax needs a big man who can score!
chilord
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Apr 13 2009, 09:54 PM) *
CHI-TOWN-BAS-KET-BALL!!!!!!!!!! lol huge win, chances of getting 6h seed are really good...philli plays boston and cleveland.

HA HA!

Heard it, didn't you?

Nearing the end of the game, just before Miller is ejected, the "DETROIT BASKETBALL" chant that would doom Detroit to a series against the LeBrons was classic. From that point the Bull took the game from the Piston, because even if you can body-block someone during a shot they still might hit it. Props to BG for finishing.

I bet those Auburn Hills neophytes are still shocked their team lost.

GO BULLS!
Balta1701-B
DutheDoduhon21
QUOTE (chilord @ Apr 14 2009, 06:45 PM) *
HA HA!

Heard it, didn't you?

yeah it annnoys me like crazy, now they can eat it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.