Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Free Agent do you want to sign??
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Hey im kinda new to this Forum... just wondering what side everyone is on and what free agents should the Bulls main targets be and a quick why... Thanx...
Chi-town23-33
New to the board too.

Anyway, I'd have to until after the draft until I can make my final selection but I am looking at:

Al Harrington 6-9 SF
Nazr Mohammed 6-10 C

There's also Przyilla but I think he's vastly overated. And its a sure thing Ben Wallace signs back with Detroit.
nitetrain8601
Mohammed maybe, depending on how much he costs. Other than that, nobody.
JPargo
Welcome to the boards. Anyway. In my opinion i think the bulls should sign Nene, drew gooden, or Nazr. Nene would be the best to sign because he would give us the defensive presence we need and he is able to score. Drew would be my second pick because he is also a very good downlow presence. Nazr... Hes good but hes not the scorer and rebounder that we need. Notice i didnt mention Al harrington. Al is a player we dont need, he plays more like a SF than anything else, and he is not have the low-post presence that we need.
Bullies4Ever
Im with you JPargo... I dont think the bulls should pay for some1 like Al because he's a sf/pf.... And we already have a good sf/pf in Noc.... The only thing he has going for him is that he's consistent... and consistent i mean that he's a kind of guy that you know he will get you about 15 or more points by playing the pf position... And im not sure Gooden, Nene, and others can do that... or at leasts they havent really proved it...
ChWRoCk2
I like Harrington, Mohammed has huge potential also, he did well with the knicks and then was traded he could be a good big man for us.
HoofHearted
Nene.
Bullies4Life
Yeah Mohammed was doing good when he was at New York... I think he will be a solid pick up... the only problem is that i think he's 6-10..... I still think we need a big guy that has size and can take up space tho. Nene or Pryzbilla(sp?) might be needed....
soxfan101
Id like us to get Al Harrington assuming he doesnt cost 2 much. If not him id say Drew Gooden and thats about it. Much better f/a class next off-season and Nene isnt worth what he is going to get.
Bullies4Life
I just hope we dont overpay for any1... I think Nene, Harrington, and even Gooden will be looking at about a 55+ million dollar contract.... ... It all starts w/ Chandler... his 60+ million dollar contract.... And i think its too much... Id like to see them get paid around 45, but i dunno if thats gonna happen... So maybe guys like Pryz or Mohammed might be our guys.... i dunno, what do u guys think?
bschmaranz
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Apr 30 2006, 12:16 AM)
I just hope we dont overpay for any1... I think Nene, Harrington, and even Gooden will be looking at about a 55+ million dollar contract.... ... It all starts w/ Chandler... his 60+ million dollar contract.... And i think its too much... Id like to see them get paid around 45, but i dunno if thats gonna happen... So maybe guys like Pryz or Mohammed might be our guys.... i dunno, what do u guys think?

I think if guys like Nene, Gooden, and Harrington get 55 million plus, Pryzbilla and Nazr will get the same, if not more unfortunately. If we were to sign one though, I'd go with Nazr.
Bullies4Ever
id like to see przbilla.... because hes a big guy that can guard those shaqs, tim duncans.... i know people say hes just another chandler but.... thats even better in my opinion... its never bad to have one of those kind of guys if chandler is in foul trouble..... we need another defensive presence downlow..... The bulls sometimes struggle a lot when chandler is not in the game...... people attack the bulls like crazy cuz the bulls dont have another shot blocker....can u imagine Pryzbilla out in the floor.. and Chandler right next to him in his natural position coming from the weak side swatting balls away.... downlow presence comes in handy to close out games when u have a lead.... it also seems like he wants to go to a winning team....

pryzbilla sometimes has monster blocking games like 7 or 8.....

and defense wins championships...
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 30 2006, 12:31 AM)
I think if guys like Nene, Gooden, and Harrington get 55 million plus, Pryzbilla and Nazr will get the same, if not more unfortunately. If we were to sign one though, I'd go with Nazr.

I highly doubt it... and thats because all of those players have already been in the league for a while now.... GMs already know what they are going to get, and they are not being payed on potential.... and there has been a lot of players already been payed a lot of big bucks just for potential...
Guys like Nene, and Gooden- still young and i believe theyre still not in their primes yet.... They could still get better...
WHarris1
Not Al Harrington
Balta1701-B
Don't overspend for someone just because they're tall. Try to find a vet or two who can give a little leadership (Sam Cassel style). Save most of the money for next offseason, or use it to make a trade for someone looking to dump salary.
JPargo
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 30 2006, 01:42 PM)
Don't overspend for someone just because they're tall. Try to find a vet or two who can give a little leadership (Sam Cassel style). Save most of the money for next offseason, or use it to make a trade for someone looking to dump salary.

Why would u want us to get an old vet? We're trying to get a championship
sport1016
we DO NOT need another tweener for pf like al harrington or tyrus thomas for that matter

free agent list should look like
Nazr Mohammed-center
Nene- pf/c
pryzbilla-center

The idea being a big strong veteran center to pair with a young offensive minded big we get in the draft, adding the two with chandler to an awesome three man rotation for pf/c.

And that is all unless a better 3rd pg then pargo is available

A big trade involving the draft picks could really change this team. and that'd be another possibility paxson will probably explore but eventually not do

RANDOM QUESTION:
I have never seen a defensive play against a post player such as this, but wouldn't it be both legal and useful?

You are getting slowly backed down the baseline near the hoop by a more powerful big with established low post position, so i am talking about shaq on most of his offensive touches if you need a visual, and you try to get even a finger on the ball while at the same time you have one foot out of bounds. It's not illegal to continue to play D when you're out of bounds, and with only a toe out of bounds you are considered out of bounds and therefore with as much as a finger on the ball the ball would be considered out of bounds. So that would mean the offensive team would have to take the ball out on the side, thus negating the great offensive position that the guy you are guarding has established. This would be intently useful as the shot clock is winding down, forcing the other team to have to run a new offensive play without time to work. Teams used to use fouls in the post like this but this has been negated with the recent rule that the shot clock is reset to 14 for non-shooting fouls. SO here, no foul and no shot clock reset, good idea, right?
Bullies4Life
blink.gif uhhh start a new thread if u want man... lol
bulls91
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Apr 29 2006, 06:15 PM)
Im with you JPargo... I dont think the bulls should pay for some1 like Al because he's a sf/pf.... And we already have a good sf/pf in Noc.... The only thing he has going for him is that he's consistent... and consistent i mean that he's a kind of guy that you know he will get you about 15 or more points by playing the pf position... And im not sure Gooden, Nene, and others can do that... or at leasts they havent really proved it...

with noch you get 20+ ppg it matters who ever you like better huh.gif
whitesoxfan101
Al Harrington and Nene. No Nazr Mohammed or Joel Pryzbilla please.
Bullies4Life
Why Al Harrington?? The guy is more of a sf.... we need a true PF or C... No Al Harrington please....We also need a defensive pressence down low besides Chandler which is something Al is not... And im not too worried about a "true" low post scorring threat down low.. as long as the guy plays above the rim, has good hands, and can finish down low...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 30 2006, 01:55 PM)
Why would u want us to get an old vet? We're trying to get a championship

Because we have a very young team, and sometimes it just seems to help. The best example this season is Cassel on the Clippers...just through his experience on a fairly young but very talented team, he's really been a damn good FA signing.

If there's someone out there who'll fit in well with Skiles but has some years under his belt, and comes at a decent price, it wouldn't hurt to stick some experience on that bench.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 1 2006, 09:58 AM)
Because we have a very young team, and sometimes it just seems to help. The best example this season is Cassel on the Clippers...just through his experience on a fairly young but very talented team, he's really been a damn good FA signing.

If there's someone out there who'll fit in well with Skiles but has some years under his belt, and comes at a decent price, it wouldn't hurt to stick some experience on that bench.

I agree, and Pax has told the media that they need veterans in this team... Not having vetarns is a reason why we struggled early in the season and couldnt come up w/ ways to get the job done in the 4th quarters.... sometimes players hear things better from player to player than coaches to player... A perfect example is Livingston w/ Gordon.... But at the same time, i think Kirk can become a better leader and has shown he can... so im not too woried if we dont really pick up a "true" veteran.... The bulls are finally showing that they can get the job done w/ this young group of kids...
soxfan101
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 1 2006, 09:58 AM)

Well difference is there are no veteran big men that can get it done still.... Sure you can argue for AD but I dont think so... he really needs to call it quits and at this point of their carreers Casell >>>> AD.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 1 2006, 11:37 AM)
Well difference is there are no veteran big men that can get it done still.... Sure you can argue for AD but I dont think so... he really needs to call it quits and at this point of their carreers Casell >>>> AD.

read what i posted before and see why veterans are important... it dont matter if he makes a huge impact sometimes, but just being there in the locker room and around the young guys...
ldf
seeing the team go the way they going, they need a true presence in the paint. Center and PF is a need.

question is, if they go out and get the center, what are they going to do with chandler??? would he be a high price backup?
Bullies4Life
he might have to be... but i think the Bulls will have a nice rotation of 3 players... and it doesnt really matter whos starting... its who finishes... And i think skiles will go w/ Chandler in key moments because he is a guy that needs to be out there on the floor if the Bulls need to get stops... The last quarter is the time to focused and get the job done and thats when Chandler plays his best... he has his head in the game...
Bullies4Life
welcome idf cool.gif
ldf
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 1 2006, 12:50 PM)
he might have to be... but i think the Bulls will have a nice rotation of 3 players... and it doesnt really matter whos starting... its who finishes... And i think skiles will go w/ Chandler in key moments because he is a guy that needs to be out there on the floor if the Bulls need to get stops... The last quarter is the time to focused and get the job done and thats when Chandler plays his best... he has his head in the game...

thanks for the welcome, i been posting on the soxtalk as well as the hawkstalk for a long time now, either way many thanks for the welcome.

ref to chandler, i hate to say this, i do not see him a a player/center who can finish the game. if he does we are in trouble. don't get me wrong, i was for drafting him and resigning him. i've been a backer, but i haven't seen the growth that will make him a dominant center......

we need a true center and when we do get a true center, chandler is a expensive backup.

just my opinion
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ldf @ May 1 2006, 01:25 PM)
thanks for the welcome, i been posting on the soxtalk as well as the hawkstalk for a long time now, either way many thanks for the welcome.

ref to chandler, i hate to say this, i do not see him a a player/center who can finish the game. if he does we are in trouble. don't get me wrong, i was for drafting him and resigning him. i've been a backer, but i haven't seen the growth that will make him a dominant center......

we need a true center and when we do get a true center, chandler is a expensive backup.

just my opinion

Yes i agree w/ u that he's an expensive backup center... and i think we all feel that he's getting just a little bit overpaid right now...
However, the bulls won a lot of their games this season, especially at the end of the season, by having Chandler there in the forth quarter... Skiles always made sure he was there for the 4th quarter... He would usually put in noc and TC for our front court. W/ them two, our defense actually created a lot of stops because they are both 2 players that can move very fast and rotate... Noc drew a lot of charges this year, and Chandler by getting in position fast and putting his arms up would make it difficult for opponents to score down in the paint...

I just dont really see any player from both the draft and free agents making a huge impact on the defensive side this year... I dont think any of the players that are available are as good as chandler right now... They have to have a lot of experience in this type of defensive scheme... And Chandler already has experience and i believe scott skiles has confidence in chandler that he will be closing games for us next year... However, if we trade for an all-star caliber big guy, than thats a whole different story... but players that come in will have to get used to our defense, and how we run it... Skiles will have to have faith in them before he trusts them to be out there when the game is on the line... They will have to earn it.. And im not saying that they wont, im just saying that it could take a little bit of time...
Serbbojo
Whats so wrong with signing a center and moving Chandler to the PF position, which i think is his natural spot. We always complain about our lack of size, if we sign or draft a center, we would then have two big guys in our front court. I personally would rather not sign a FA center and draft Aldringe, becuz there arent many good centers out on the market.
soxfan101
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 1 2006, 11:50 AM)
read what i posted before and see why veterans are important... it dont matter if he makes a huge impact sometimes, but just being there in the locker room and around the young guys...

Last year with a "veteran" we got our ass handed to us by the Wizards... Right now we might not win the series but as a team we have played much better vs a better team. And we have veterans they arent old guys but Othella and Piatkowski have been in the league for awhile.
Bullies4Life
Yeah we didnt win in the post season, but i think it had to do w/ Curry being out, and Deng as well... We just werent overall prepared... But the Bulls had an outstaning season, especially after starting 0-9... u cant take that away from them...

But yeah, it would be nice having a veteran pressence down low, show the big rooks the ropes (im not sure if chandler can be that type of player cuz he hasnt really proved anything in his career)... Its not a "must" but it does help put...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 1 2006, 04:00 PM)
Yeah we didnt win in the post season, but i think it had to do w/ Curry being out, and Deng as well... We just werent overall prepared... But the Bulls had an outstaning season, especially after starting 0-9... u cant take that away from them...

But yeah, it would be nice having a veteran pressence down low, show the big rooks the ropes (im not sure if chandler can be that type of player cuz he hasnt really proved anything in his career)... Its not a "must" but it does help put...

Doesn't even have to be a presence down low, or anything like that. Just someone who we can count on to be the guy who the reporters turn to after a bad game, or the guy who stands up in the locker room when something needs to be said amongst the players. Veteran players can be useful for a number of reasons, they don't just have to fit into holes on your team, they can be useful just to have around as well.
ldf
getting a vet presence while it is a good idea, may not happen. skiles has done wonders with the young guys, why? b/c he can mold them into the kind of players, concept that he wants. can a vet who enbodies(sp) this be out there, let alone be willing to play for skiles? don't get me wrong, i like skiles, but what was his rep around the league before he was hired by the bulls. has his rep change that much? now do you think a vet be willing to go thru this. i think there has to be one, lets hope he is good enuf.

now for the team, we are pretty much set at all positions except pf and center and we should address this need at fa's and at the draft. save whatever money we have left for next yrs fa's.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ldf @ May 2 2006, 02:54 AM)
getting a vet presence while it is a good idea, may not happen. skiles has done wonders with the young guys, why? b/c he can mold them into the kind of players, concept that he wants. can a vet who enbodies(sp) this be out there, let alone be willing to play for skiles? don't get me wrong, i like skiles, but what was his rep around the league before he was hired by the bulls. has his rep change that much? now do you think a vet be willing to go thru this. i think there has to be one, lets hope he is good enuf.

now for the team, we are pretty much set at all positions except pf and center and we should address this need at fa's and at the draft. save whatever money we have left for next yrs fa's.

Were set except for the PF, C AND TALL GUARD!!!! Kirk cannot be guarding sgs every single game.... We need a defensive tall guard.... A guard rotation of Gordon, kirk, duhon and pargo is not good... we need to get taller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.