Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben Gordon for JRich?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Just a thought that came up to my mind... Any1 feeling JRich for Gordon? If I was Pax, i think a way maybe we could get him is if we traded:

JRich, Derek Fisher for BennyG (his trading vaue is pretty high right now), duhon, and Sweets.... what the heck, throw in our 16th pick...

Golden state looks like they want to move some contracts because they have a lot of guys being paid big bucks-Fisher, JRich, Murphy, Foyle, and BDiddy.... And things arent working out for them.... THEY NEED A CHANGE.....
JRich is the only player i would think of trading because he is 6'6, cuts in, can finish by the rim, and i think he has potential to be pretty decent in a scott skiles type of defense.... And the most important things are that he's still young (unlike guys like Pierce, both Allen, KG and so on...) And his contract i think is around 60Mil which is awesome compare to guys like Michael Redd, Allens, the pierces and so on...

The only problem is that he's not that good at freethrows and not as clutch as Gordon, which i think is huge to win games... Benny G has hit shots in the last 2 minutes a lot and gets us back in games to win them... And Ben is still very young and is finally showing he can drive in and not just settle for jump shots... the guy is getting better every year and will continue to get better...

Line up-

Kirk, Fisher
JRich, Kirk,
Deng, Noc,
Front Court will be adressed in the off season... SO would you guys do this??
madisonsmadhouse
We are not getting Jason Richardson for just Gordon, let alone him bringing another player.
Bullies4Life
Yeah i kinda agree... but at the same time, Golden state is trying to get rid of some overpaid contracts.... Fisher is overpaid and Bulls are actually a team that can absorb a bad contract at the moment... Plus Fisher is a desent back up for the bulls....
Duhon is a geat back up point guard, especially for the money he's getting paid... Runs the point well, and plays D.... Also, sweets stock is higher than ever right now... Before in the season, he was barely playing.... And what can you say about Gordon, the guy is amazing sometimes in only his 2nd year... the guy has a lot of upside right now.... But yeah, i agree, i dunno if Golden really would do this.... Ive heard they want a defensive pressence downlow.... Chandler might be a guy they might be looking at, but i dunno...
Bullies4Life
Plus Golden State still has Michael Pietrus(sp?)..... i wouldnt be surprised if they wanted him to develop more and get more playing time out there...
ChWRoCk2
No I dont want Jrich, Gordon is a good player and will be a better athlete in the future, stupid trade.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 30 2006, 03:05 PM)
No I dont want Jrich, Gordon is a good player and will be a better athlete in the future, stupid trade.

laugh.gif

Richardson is maybe 10,000 times the player Gordon is? Good God.

The amount of confusion to be found on your typical NBA messge board is mind-boggling.
JPargo
Ben Gordon for Jason Riachardson doesn't even work.
Failed Scenario
There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Golden State and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Golden State met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
soxfan101
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 30 2006, 03:11 PM)
laugh.gif

The amount of confusion to be found on your typical NBA messge board is mind-boggling.

10,000 times? somebody overexagerate much.... oh thats right Ben Gordon isnt 7 feet tall and foul out enough tongue.gif .

But yeah no way Golden State does this trade because right now J-Rich is all they have that gets fans to the game. If they trade someone its going to be Baron Davis or Dunleavy.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 30 2006, 03:49 PM)
Ben Gordon for Jason Riachardson doesn't even work.
Failed Scenario
There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Golden State and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Golden State met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement

The Bulls are under the cap, those rules don't matter.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 30 2006, 03:11 PM)
laugh.gif

This is only Gordons second year Jrich is on his 4th or 5th and is not the type of player we are looking for. I would hate having richardson. When Gordon matures he will be just as good.
Bullies4Life
He isnt the type of players we need?... Well.... Ive heard a lot of how the Bulls need a taller shooting guard... (Gordon is under sized for the shooting guard and at times our back court suffers) Ive heard Pax say like a thousand times that we need to get more athletic...
JRich has imporved his game every single year he has been in the league... and i believe he will be a pretty desent defender in a scott skiles type of defense....
Bullies4Life
Richardson is a proven scorer... he has 3 point range w/out question... he had 183 three pointers made this year compared to Gordon's 166....
Richardson is a good rebounder, averaging around 6 boards a game the last 3 years.... Hi's Fg% is allrite shooting .446....And the guy Averaged 23 point a game... Now please tell me how we dont need a young guy like him around??
The Dude Abides
Ummm. No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.