TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Wanne
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aicl...mp;type=fantasy

Chris Bosh: May be Dealt
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
May 31, 12:03 pm EDT
Buzz up! 1 vote
Print
Update: The Raptors are privately acknowledging that they might need to trade Bosh, or risk losing him as a free agent in 2010, the New York Daily News reports.

Recommendation: Bosh is set to join the free agent lottery in 2010, when Dwyane Wade(notes) and LeBron James(notes) are also free. According to the report in the Daily News, Toronto is interested in packaging Bosh in a deal to acquire Carlos Boozer(notes). The Bulls are also interested in Bosh, with Luol Deng(notes) being offered.

Why would Toronto take Boozer who would be gone the following year anyway?!?... Tyrus and Deng for Bosh?!?
ZoomSlowik
I would imagine that part of the deal would be an extension for Boozer. I guess if you think Bosh is a goner for sure getting Boozer makes some sense, he gives them more of a bruiser in the post that can still hit some jumpers (Bosh is WAY better at that though). That would leave Bargnani to be their mid-range guy a bit more, which seems to fit his skillset.

From the Bulls perspective, I would have to think Tyrus is a must, and I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 1 2009, 01:02 AM) *
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aicl...mp;type=fantasy

Why would Toronto take Boozer who would be gone the following year anyway?!?... Tyrus and Deng for Bosh?!?

For Boozer it would clearly be a sign and trade option. That'd be one way for the Raptors to get their hands on him without having to get under the cap this year.
GreatScott82
Acquirering Bosh while giving up Deng's ridiculous contract would be killing two birds with one stone. As far as throwing in Thomas, than so be it.

My goal for this offseason is to aqcuire Bosh some how and then sign him to an extension.

Trade Deng/Thomas for Bosh.

Re-sign Gordon to a reasonable deal.

Trade Hinrich for Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw. (Portland loves Hinrich)

If these things all happen your 2009-10 team would be this:

C Noah (2.5 million)
PF Bosh (16 million) sign to a 4 year extension.
SF Salmons (5.5 million)
SG Gordon (7 million) sign to a reasonable 4 year exension.
PG Rose (5.2 million)

Bench:
C Miller (12.5 million)
SF Outlaw (4 million)
F Thomas (6.5 million)
C James (6.6 million)
PG Blake (5 million)
Pick #16
Pick #26

Italic= Contracts are coming off the books after next season. (34.6 million off the books after next season) Meaning even with the re-signing of Gordon and the Bosh extension, the Bulls would have enough cash to add another big name during the summer of Lebron. . .
2009-10 total salary would be around 74 million.
Cowch
If the Jazz get Bosh I'll be pissed. The people here are already full of their team. banghead.gif
rockren
The only way a team will trade for Bosh is if Bosh will agree to sign an extension with that team IMO.

Would Bosh want to play the majority of the remained of his career in.....Utah?

That question should take care of that rumor. If the Bulls want Bosh bad enough...they'll get him.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 1 2009, 05:47 PM) *
Would Bosh want to play the majority of the remained of his career in.....Utah?

Deron Williams. Jerry Sloan.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Barring any long term injuries, if we can get Bosh by just giving up Tyrus and Deng and resigning BG we are Eastern Conference contenders!

Rose
Gordon
Salmons
Bosh
Noah

Insanely tough starting 5 to defend, may be one of the best offensively talented starting 5 in the league. I would absolutely love to see this happen!
Balta1701-B
I'll just consider this the Chris Bosh thread.
Chris Bosh, the Toronto Raptors all-star, suggested strongly today that he will forgo signing a contract extension this summer, setting himself up to be among a historically stacked NBA free agent class next year.

"(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006)... I had a goal in mind, and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010) ... I'm thinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing," said Bosh.

"That's a part of the plan ... I just want to address things (after) next season. There's a reason why I did things the way I did them back then."

Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors president and general manager, has spoken optimistically about the odds of inking his best player to an extension this summer, when Bosh could sign a three-year addition to his current deal as early as next month.

Still, Colangelo was hardly taken aback by word that Bosh was leaning strongly toward opting out of his current deal in 2010, when the 6-foot-10 forward would be among a crop of free agents that includes LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

"I have been pretty clear that that's what I anticipate his position to be," said Colangelo.

Bosh, slated to earn about $15.7 million (U.S.) next season, said leaving his contract status hanging will be a "win-win situation" for both him and his struggling team, which won just 33 games this past season.

"It puts pressure on both sides. It puts pressure on me to perform, and it puts pressure on the organization to perform as well," said Bosh, who was speaking after he performed his paid duties as the celebrity drawmaster for Saturday's Woodbine Oaks horse race.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 1 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Deron Williams. Jerry Sloan.

Still don't see him interested in Utah at all.

Pure speculation, but his background would suggest Salt Lake isn't his kind of place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.