Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumor: Bulls have Standing offer from Bucks
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
The offer : Ridnour-Fransisco Elson and the 10th pick !!!!!!! for......thats right...... Kirk Hinrich.

Ridnour is an expiring deal and Elson has an option for next season at a minimal amount. Basically put Ridnour is a poor mans Hinrich, whom I would assume the Bulls could use in a trade for a Bosh/Amare (as his contract is an asset). And long-term if they can't move Ridnour they've at least cleared long-term cap space and 2010 cap space all while getting the 10th pick in the draft which should allow them to acquire what they want.

Basically put, I'm on board if this is legit. It is apparently coming from International Sources. Bulls could package Ridnour, Tyrus, expirings, plus draft picks to the Suns or Raptors for Amare.
Balta1701-B
Q: Does that clear any immediate luxury tax space? If not, then that makes signing Gordon still difficult. Esp. if we're having to pay the salary of the 10th pick.

Just looking at it...are the Bucks under the cap? It's difficult to tell if the #'s add up.
Steve9347
Obviously Skiles is still carrying a torch for Kirk. I'd be all over this deal for the cap space alone. This deal happens if one of our guys is there at 10.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Ridnour is an expiring deal and Elson has an option for next season at a minimal amount. Basically put Ridnour is a poor mans Hinrich, whom I would assume the Bulls could use in a trade for a Bosh/Amare (as his contract is an asset). And long-term if they can't move Ridnour they've at least cleared long-term cap space and 2010 cap space all while getting the 10th pick in the draft which should allow them to acquire what they want.

Basically put, I'm on board if this is legit. It is apparently coming from International Sources. Bulls could package Ridnour, Tyrus, expirings, plus draft picks to the Suns or Raptors for Amare.

I saw this too. I hope it's true because we get to keep our picks which means we can package them for Amare or Bosh!!
Balta1701-B
It's interesting that 1 thread has us trying to move up to #11 and another has us trying to move up to #10.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 25 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Q: Does that clear any immediate luxury tax space? If not, then that makes signing Gordon still difficult. Esp. if we're having to pay the salary of the 10th pick.

Just looking at it...are the Bucks under the cap? It's difficult to tell if the #'s add up.

The trade works per the trade checkers out there. It does not clear up much room to sign Gordon. However, if the Bulls move Deng in another deal they would be fine. Just depends on what Chicago wants to do. Mainly it gets rid of a long-term deal, which again might make Chicago more willing to go luxury tax this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.