Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls tie up the series...CBF
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF; Your game analyzer

After jumping off to a great start here in Chicago the Bulls quickly fell behind towards the end of the first quarter but just by 2. Andres Nocioni started off on fire with 11 points in that first quarter.

A key for Chicago coming into this game was to drive to the basket and getting early fouls on Shaq daddy, Shaq got two early fouls and was forced to sit yet again. Now in game 3 shaq had his worst performance in the playoffs and we knew that it wouldnt happen again. Shaq did get off to a good start with 4 points and 6 rebounds in the first quarter but his fouls killed him.

Dwayne Wade had yet another poor shooting performance here in game 4. Hinrich once again proved that hes one of the premiere defenders in the league and did a great job on Wade. Heres a stat that baffled me. The Bulls shot a total of 31 freethrows while making 24. The Heat shot 5 TOTAL for the game! That shows you how good Chicago's defense has been these last two games. The Bulls forced the Heat into many bad situations causing them to either turn the ball over (19 times) or force bad shots.

The Bulls came out in the 2nd building a big 12 point lead but with Miami beginning to build confidence crept back into the game, closing the deficit to just 4 at halftime. Shaq played just 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter. He also had 3 fouls coming into halftime.

Now is the time the Bulls take the "Will" out of the opponent by making a quick strike and build a big lead early in the 3rd but Miami wouldnt give in. Antoine Walker was a big part of Miami's success in the 3rd scoring 15 of his 21 points in the 3rd. Michael Sweetney got some major offensive rebounds during this quarter helping the Bulls get extra shots.

Tyson Chandler didnt exactly light up the Box score but he affected the game tremendously forcing offensive fouls on Shaq and altering shots in the lane. He got injured late in the 4th and it doesnt look good. I hope hes ok. Another guy that stepped up in the clutch was Chris Duhon. 6 total rebounds including 1 VERY IMPORTANT one with less than a minute left when Antoine Walker missed a three. He made the biggest shot of his life when he drove to the lane and threw up a "Giant Killer" that went in to help the Bulls grab a 2 point lead late in the 4th.

The three stars for the Bulls that included Kirk Hinrich,Andres Nocioni, and Ben Gordon stepped up big in the 4th quarter where Kirk emerged as a "Star". With so much turmoil and the Bulls up 2, Hinrich took a 30 footer and nailed it with less than 35 seconds left. A clutch shot indeed and that helped the Bulls seal the game and get a 93-87 victory.

Hinrich,Gordon,and Noc each had over 20 and were the biggest part of the Bulls win. With the series tied at 2 a piece the Bulls head to South Beach to grab another win there hopefully. Now IMO the pressure is all on Miami to come out strong in Game 5 and win because if they dont the Bulls will come back to Chicago for game 6 where Miami has NEVER won a playoff game. Can the Bulls win the series? I cant wait untill Game 5, Ill be cheering my guts out.
B-4-Bulls
Wow great post... Yes Hinrich came up HUGE for us with that deep three. When he hit that I jumped up and hit my head on the cieling cuz I was on my couch biggrin.gif
The Gladiator
I liked Sweetney's Intensity today... I thought he played well and getting offensive rebounds help us ALOT!! GO SWEETS!!
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 30 2006, 05:29 PM)
I liked Sweetney's Intensity today... I thought he played well and getting offensive rebounds help us ALOT!! GO SWEETS!!

Sweetney was the x factor tonight. Noch, Hinrich and Gordon got theirs, which they should...but Sweets came through with some big rebs, more importantly were the fouls he made Shaq commit.

Nice win Bullies!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.