Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nocioni needs an official nickname....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
whitesoxfan101
I personally love Mike Tirico's idea today, as he refered to him as "Red Bull". Just fits perfectly, what do you think?
BV1998
I liked it
TeaLeafReaderII
I've heard him called

Red Bull
El Torro
Raging Bull
Noch
Chapu

I think Chapu is what they called him in Argentina... I think it would be a real cool chant in the UC... bet it would really fire him up. cheers.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 30 2006, 09:32 PM)
I think Chapu is what they called him in Argentina... I think it would be a real cool chant in the UC... bet it would really fire him up. cheers.gif

And that translates as?
ChWRoCk2
While were at it lets give everyone a nickname. Red Bull was a good name.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 30 2006, 11:41 PM)
And that translates as?

someone in another thread said it was the name of an Argentinian superhero.
Doze06
Its from a mexican tv series (El Chapulin Colorado)
bschmaranz
Kalapse
Chapulin is very similar to the bumble bee man on the Simpsons. It's incredibly popular in latin countries and the name translates to "the Red Grasshopper"
Chisoxfn
I like the Red Bull idea. Either way he's a freaking beast. I love Noc, Deng and Hinrich.
Serbbojo
Noc has gotta be one of my favorite players, and prolly the biggest steal for the bulls since he went undrafted.
bulls91
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 30 2006, 11:32 PM)
I've heard him called

Red Bull
El Torro
Raging Bull
Noch
Chapu

i like all those names we just need every one in the UC to know what we are talking about so they chant along.
punkalexa
Hey! Great idea that maybe Chapu would get him fired up! May bring good memories or something! Red Bull is also good! Oh this is difficult!
The Gladiator
I Like the Red Bull but how bout... The Wreckless Warrior!!!! biggrin.gif
Doze06
Ive heard people call him the Argentinian Animal.
RoseAngelKH12
how about "El Torro Rojo" (the Red Bull) in spanish.

coz' when i met Noc i spoke to him in spanish and well, for the ppl that talked to him in English he pretty much stayed quiet and hardly talked...........
bschmaranz
If only he'd have kept his hair longer, we would be calling him Shaggy.

RoseAngelKH12
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 1 2006, 07:00 PM)
If only he'd have kept his hair longer, we would be calling him Shaggy.

lmao !!!!!!!!!!! true.
The Dude Abides
I like red bull and raging bull, but Chapu is really freaking cool. It honors his heritage and probably makes him feel at home.
B-4-Bulls
The Big Red Machine!!!!
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 1 2006, 08:42 PM)
I like red bull and raging bull, but Chapu is really freaking cool. It honors his heritage and probably makes him feel at home.

i thin that it would get him fired up so he getter a trple- double every game like he can do. also i like that it is from his heritage so he will like it and not get offended by it and want to leave chicago my olny worry is that when his contract is up will he want to stay in chiago or will he want to go to a different team. unsure.gif
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 1 2006, 09:15 PM)
i thin that it would get him fired up so he getter a trple- double every game like he can do. also i like that it is from his heritage so he will like it and not get offended by it and want to leave chicago my olny worry is that when his contract is up will he want to stay in chiago or will he want to go to a different team. unsure.gif

He wont ever be a TRIPLE DOUBLE threat because of his poor passing. Untill that changes I could see him being a Consistent double double threat night in and night out.
madisonsmadhouse
I would go with Chapu too, but I don't know if anything would be cooler than the NO-CI-O-NI chants like they did last year. Spine tingling.
punkalexa
QUOTE (RoseAngelKH12 @ May 1 2006, 06:57 PM)
how about "El Torro Rojo" (the Red Bull) in spanish.

coz' when i met Noc i spoke to him in spanish and well, for the ppl that talked to him in English he pretty much stayed quiet and hardly talked...........

when did you meet him??
punkalexa
QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 1 2006, 09:15 PM)

ME TOO! WHEN IS THE CONTRACT OVER?! I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO!
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ May 1 2006, 09:23 PM)
He wont ever be a TRIPLE DOUBLE threat because of his poor passing. Untill that changes I could see him being a Consistent double double threat night in and night out.

pfft.... you can get triple doubles with steal or block shots too.... laugh.gif
bschmaranz
QUOTE (punkalexa @ May 2 2006, 09:01 AM)
ME TOO! WHEN IS THE CONTRACT OVER?! I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO!

I believe he's due for an extension after NEXT season.
Balta1701-B
Sam Smith called him Chapu in the Trib today. That's officially going to wind up sticking.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 2 2006, 02:22 PM)
Sam Smith called him Chapu in the Trib today. That's officially going to wind up sticking.

I really like chapu...as long as it's cool with Noch.
RoseAngelKH12
QUOTE (punkalexa @ May 2 2006, 08:59 AM)
when did you meet him??

at the chicago auto show last February.........
RoseAngelKH12
Chapu is cool too......i like it coz' it would be something easy to chant......

CHA-PU !!!!!!!!!!!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (RoseAngelKH12 @ May 2 2006, 03:00 PM)
Chapu is cool too......i like it coz' it would be something easy to chant......

CHA-PU !!!!!!!!!!!

And most importantly, it'll confuse the Hell out of anyone who doesn't know the name.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.