Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D Wade is helping our future
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
timnew
Wade is clearly one of the most physically gifted guards in the league. He usually shuts down our best offensive player (Gordon). He also burns our best defensive player guard (Hinrich). That being said, Wade's athletic ability and outright skill is really helping our guards grow.

Hinrich has done a good job defending him and Gordon seems to be adjusting to Wade's superior athletic ability.

Win or lose, this is a good experience for the young Bulls. Probably more-so than last years playoff's.

Winning a game on the road against Miami would be a huge milestone for these guys. I hope it happens.
kyyle23
Wade hasnt shut down anyone the whole series. And he hasnt burned Hinrich either. To tell you the truth, I expected a much bigger series out of Wade than I have seen. I really didnt think he was such a bad flopper until this series, and I really havent seen him do much on the defensive side besides block two of Gordons shots in 4 games.
madisonsmadhouse
Dwayne Wade hasn't been able to D up any of our guards this series. The smaller guards have just out quicked him the whole series, driving to the hole virtually at will. The lack of defense has been the main cause of the Heats big man foul troubles the last couple of games.
Bullies4Life
Gary Payton was the one who took Ben out in game 2... and i mostly think Ben was just having an off night which is something that happens to young players in the league... Overall, i think both Ben and Kirk and averaging over 20 points, so hey are doing better than the regular season...
Kirk has done a good job on Wade as i expected... The guy is a superstar so its hard "shutting down" a guy like that.... But i think Wades FG% is prolly lower right now than the regular season...
Giant Killer
During the regular season Wade shot 49.5%. He also commited 3.5 turnovers per game.

During the playoffs he's shooting 40% and commiting 4.25 turnovers per game.
nitetrain8601
Wade historically does bad against the Bulls, especially this year. Skiles and the players know how to adjust on the defensive end against him.
Serbbojo
We are the ones dominating Wade. And i hate when the damn announcers blame his poor play on being in his home town chicago. Bulls never get the credit they deserve for winning these games.
Bullies4Ever
QUOTE (timnew @ May 1 2006, 02:45 AM)
Win or lose, this is a good experience for the young Bulls. Probably more-so than last years playoff's.

Winning a game on the road against Miami would be a huge milestone for these guys. I hope it happens.

i think the bulls are learning a lot..... and very quickly from getting a chance to play in the playoffs...

its a good thing the bulls made the playoffs even if we get a higher draft pick... it doesnt matter.. this experience is good....

-since the last month i think kirk and Ben have improved their game dramatically... because they are finally driving in now.. thats a big step in their careers....
WHarris1
He is burning Hinrich? How?
soxfan101
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 1 2006, 07:50 PM)
He is burning Hinrich? How?

who are u responding too?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (timnew @ May 1 2006, 02:45 AM)

Good point. Anyone want to still argue that a playoff series experience isn't valuable for these boys? cool.gif
soxfan101
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2 2006, 06:54 AM)
Good point. Anyone want to still argue that a playoff series experience isn't valuable for these boys? cool.gif

at the time it was worth argueing we were looking at the possibility of a top 10 pick... once we fell out of that range most people probably wanted the playoffs.
WHarris1
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 1 2006, 08:43 PM)
who are u responding too?

The original poster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.