Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noch is about to become sn nba superstar
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
Superstars are not made during the regular season. There are plenty of guys who put up great numbers, but if they don't play in great series or have great playoff wins, they just don't translate to superstardom...

That being said Noch is blowing up in the playoffs. as big of a jump as he made from year 1 to year 2, he has made the same calibur jump in the playoffs. He is getting national attention bc mainly of his intense play...but he is also producing on every level. Shooting 13/15 in the playoffs is unheard of...also, he has made a woman out of Walker on many occassions.

You can count on Noch to become a league star if this series goes to 7 games... there is no doubt if we win this series and move on...bc realistically IND or NJ can't beat us in 7 games...the Pistons...well, ok, they definitely will...but still....you get the picture.

The more we win, the more national attention we get and the more air time Noch gets...Watch him to make another huge leap from the postseason to year 3.

By the way...John Paxson is a genius for signing Noch!!!!
B-4-Bulls
He aint a Superstar yet! Superstars are players that can score on ANYBODY no matter who is gaurding them like Lebron, Kobe, Iverson etc... And also the Clutch players and Noc defenatley is not one. Hes missed all his last second shots this season and I hated it everytime because he should have never gotten the ball in the first place it should be BEN GORDON.

I do think he raised his status to a "Star" though because well here let me explain to you what I mean.

Superstar-Clutch,Scores on Ne body, Consistent everynight.. EX Kobe,Lebron,Iverson,Shaq(In his prime)

Allstar-Obviously makes an allstar game but someone who is clutch but may have trouble against certain players and struuggles with consistency sometimes. EX... Wade,Arenas,Pierce,Carter

Star-Someone who you can give the ball to late in games and is a Playmaker. Someone you can count on and usually has big games in the PLAYOFFS when it counts. EX...Hinrich,Noc,Chris Paul,Mello

Great Player- Just someone who brings it everynight and puts up consistant average stats. EX.... Ben Gordon,Chris Webber (Now), Larry Hughes,Dwight Howard.

NOC is a STAR not a Superstar!
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 1 2006, 08:48 PM)
Superstars are not made during the regular season. There are plenty of guys who put up great numbers, but if they don't play in great series or have great playoff wins, they just don't translate to superstardom...

That being said Noch is blowing up in the playoffs. as big of a jump as he made from year 1 to year 2, he has made the same calibur jump in the playoffs. He is getting national attention bc mainly of his intense play...but he is also producing on every level. Shooting 13/15 in the playoffs is unheard of...also, he has made a woman out of Walker on many occassions.

You can count on Noch to become a league star if this series goes to 7 games... there is no doubt if we win this series and move on...bc realistically IND or NJ can't beat us in 7 games...the Pistons...well, ok, they definitely will...but still....you get the picture.

The more we win, the more national attention we get and the more air time Noch gets...Watch him to make another huge leap from the postseason to year 3.

By the way...John Paxson is a genius for signing Noch!!!!

LOL nice example biggrin.gif
Balta1701-B
He puts up these sorts of numbers, and plays this kind of defense, for a full season, and then we'll talk.
Bullies4Life
Superstar?.. More like a star.... Superstars are players that can carry a team on its back... players that make others look good... Can create or score anytime at will.... I love the way noc plays, but at the end of the day he's just an awesome role player, and thats all he will end up being...

oh yeah, somebody said he wasnt clutch... in a way he kinda is... but nowhere near Kobe, Gordon, ect....He has made a lot of key shots this year in under 2 minutes... however, he hasnt had game winning shots, but he's fearless and he's not afraid to make big shots as the game is coming into an end...
All i gotta say Noc is awesome cuz he plays both offense and defense... he plays hard headbang.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 1 2006, 09:23 PM)
He puts up these sorts of numbers, and plays this kind of defense, for a full season, and then we'll talk.

i think that he deservers a contract extension at the end of this year so we are not stupid and let him go that is the olny long tear thing that i am worried about right now.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 1 2006, 09:19 PM)
he has made a woman out of Walker on many occassions.

LOL nice example biggrin.gif

That's not saying much. I think all 5'9" 160 of me could take Walker to the hole off of the dribble.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2 2006, 07:01 AM)
That's not saying much. I think all 5'9" 160 of me could take Walker to the hole off of the dribble.

not with Shaq coming over to help (even when he's late its tough sinking a shot when you have that much man flying towards you ohmy.gif )
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 2 2006, 09:14 AM)
not with Shaq coming over to help (even when he's late its tough sinking a shot when you have that much man flying towards you ohmy.gif )

Tyson already got him onto the bench in foul trouble (this is my fantasy, I'll do it however I want to laugh.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.