Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson Chandler
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
I can't wait to hear the Tyson apologists...

6 mins, 5 fouls, no points, no rebounds....

And we didn't want tim thomas because?

that was $10 million well spent.

other bulls players stunk it up too, but this stat line is painful.
The Gladiator
Dude you make this same post every GAME!! We dont care, we realize you hate chandler but you could have put this in the game thread.
Bullies4Life
Its just like my 2nd half uncle says, "Ive never seen a player make such a big impact on a game w/ Worser stats"......

DID YOU GUYS NOTICE HOW WHEN CHANDLER LEFT THE FLOOR, BULLS GOT BLOWN BY 67.5 POINTS IN THE FOURTH?

Bulls lost their confidence when they knew Chandler was not gonna be available for the 4th quarter.....

Wow Chandler is amazing... Every team needs a guy like Chandler cool.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 2 2006, 09:02 PM)
Dude you make this same post every GAME!! We dont care, we realize you hate chandler but you could have put this in the game thread.

and we know you love him.
Bullies4Life
Most of the calls on Chandler were pathetic, especially the first ones....
ldf
maybe he would work out this summer as he did last summer.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ldf @ May 2 2006, 09:17 PM)
maybe he would work out this summer as he did last summer.

Dont worry, Im expecting Chandler to become a beast by next year.... He's gonna shoot 12,000,000,000 freethrows a day, and weight lift 27 hours a day over the summer... NBA Championship here we come!!!
ldf
laugh.gif

how signing a contract changes everyone
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 2 2006, 09:15 PM)
and we know you love him.

When have I ever said I loved him? Actually I hate him too. Maybe not as much as you but his rookie mistakes have killed us. My point is that you dont need to make 5000 posts based on the same thing everytime to get YOUR point acrossed. Like I said, we all know you hate Tyson, no buddy cares and it should be in the Game thread, not a complete new one.

Im not mad at you, just annoyed. Plus im pissed the Bulls lost.
whitesoxfan101
Yeah, Tyson Chandler sucks and the contract was stupid from day 1, and even if he was a "cancer" or whatever, we could really use a player like Tim Thomas. Both are sad but true, but it's sad we can't do a damn thing about it.
TeaLeafReaderII
He was playing on a bum ankle against one of the best centers in the league... did you honestly expect him to suceed this game?
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 2 2006, 11:07 PM)
Yeah, Tyson Chandler sucks and the contract was stupid from day 1, and even if he was a "cancer" or whatever, we could really use a player like Tim Thomas.  Both are sad but true, but it's sad we can't do a damn thing about it.

No it wasnt a bad idea to give him a contract... not at that time man... Chandler had an outstanding season before he got his contract... I know Gordon was the 6th man of the year, but Chandler deserved it too.... And we at least needed Chandler since Eddy was gone....Chandler is a huge part of what the Bulls are, and why their defense is one of the best in the league... i know he's not showing it this series, heck if i saw him for the first time this series, id think hes the worst player ever.... but lets not forget he's going up against the best Center in the league right now...
Chandler had a horrible start in the beginning of the season, but finally settled down and had a very nice stretch when he was getting over 10 boards like every game... The guy looked like a beast out there, and im sure no one was complaining... He'll be alright next season... Dont worry about him because of this series....
Bullies4Life
Yeah he was over paid, but so are a bunch of other big men out there... And you mentioned Tim Thomas blink.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 2 2006, 08:55 PM)

I am waiting for you start a thread on why no one outside of Nocioni could hit a shot, or why Kirk forgot how to defend Wade, even after he got injured... OH wait, that wouldn't fit the pattern now would it. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled irrational obsession.
kyyle23
I cant hate on Chandler after yesterdays game. Shaq was taking three steps and dropping his head into Chandlers chest and getting the call. The home team advantages for both teams have gotten out of hand. In Chicago, Shaq travels and gets called for the offensive fouls, in Miami just the opposite. I would have liked to see Chandler in the game more, but it was really out of his hands.

Oh, and Dwyane Wade is a little beach. This regularly scheduled injury session for him is annoying. Play the damn game and quit trying to be mr hero.
whitesoxfan101
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 3 2006, 06:34 AM)
Oh, and Dwyane Wade is a little beach. This regularly scheduled injury session for him is annoying. Play the damn game and quit trying to be mr hero.

The dude had a hip pointer.....you ever had a hip pointer before? Yeah, I have....and the fact he came back and played with that is pretty impressive.
kyyle23
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 3 2006, 06:54 AM)
The dude had a hip pointer.....you ever had a hip pointer before?  Yeah, I have....and the fact he came back and played with that is pretty impressive.

I dont give a spiff. I think he is an actor. He did the same thing, in almost the exact same way, at almost the exact same time last year. They even showed it on TNT, game 5 vs the Pistons. And yes, I have had a hip pointer.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Ya know everyone gets down on Tyson when he has a bad game...but when he got hurt in game 4 the same people were saying "oh the season is over without him." Its like people hate him cuz he gets a lot of money..is that honestly his fault? Whats he gonna say..no i dont want the 60 million dollars...That is beside the point though, NO ONE really had a spectacular game, with the exception of Noch, who was playing like his usual self, and sweetney stepped it up too. Miami didnt do wonderous things either, their shots just started going in in the last six minutes of play..that is how they won the game. It was not a blow out. Just unfortuate time for turnovers and shot missing. Like always, I think we can bounce back. But for the love of god, just leave tyson alone!
punkalexa
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 2 2006, 09:17 PM)
Most of the calls on Chandler were pathetic, especially the first ones....

Totally agree! I couldn't believe them! If Chandler had any confidence it was all taken away by those calls. He played better last season.
Bullies4Life
You gurls are alrite cool.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3 2006, 06:06 AM)
I am waiting for you start a thread on why no one outside of Nocioni could hit a shot, or why Kirk forgot how to defend Wade, even after he got injured... OH wait, that wouldn't fit the pattern now would it. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled irrational obsession.

See my thread on hinrich which i wrote last night....
SleepyWhiteSox
or why Kirk forgot how to defend Wade, even after he got injured...

Are you kidding me???

Kirk has done an outstanding job, one of the best ever on Wade, but you absolutely cannot expect a top 3 guard in the league to be contained for an entire series.
whitesoxfan101
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 3 2006, 06:59 AM)
I dont give a spiff. I think he is an actor. He did the same thing, in almost the exact same way, at almost the exact same time last year. They even showed it on TNT, game 5 vs the Pistons. And yes, I have had a hip pointer.

Wade cracked 2 ribs last year, a way worse injury than a hip pointer, despite the fact a hip pointer also hurts like hell.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3 2006, 11:53 AM)
Are you kidding me???

Kirk has done an outstanding job, one of the best ever on Wade, but you absolutely cannot expect a top 3 guard in the league to be contained for an entire series.

Wade scored 15 points on Kirk in a quarter and a half when the game mattered most, even after sustaining a hip pointer. He abused him, and then got Kirk rattled on the other end of the floor and started Kirk forcing shots and turning the ball over. He was as much of a key to the loss as anyone else, but hey, I guess we can blame that on Tyson as well, right?
The Gladiator

laugh.gif lmao good one
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 2 2006, 06:55 PM)

Ok, now this one pisses me off a surprising amount. It's not the bashing of Chandler's game last night...he did not play well by anyone's imagination. It's the Tim Thomas love.

Yes, Tim Thomas is doing well in Phoenix. Yes, it's nice for him. Yes, we could use another big guy. But you know what? If Tim Thomas stayed on this team the whole year, we would have missed the playoffs. Absolutely guaranteed.

Why? Because we are in the playoffs for 1 reason and 1 reason alone; Scott Skiles. We have a very young, inexperienced team with a lot of potential but still needing a lot of time for development. We have no one really skilled enough to carry this team.

But what we do have is a ton of guys who are playing their damn asses off every night, defending like a pack of wolves, scrapping, fighting, biting, clawing, and every other metaphor you could possibly give in order to try to win a game.

Yes, you could stick a ton of talent on our team and it'd be nice. But adding a little piece is only going to help so much. But on the other side, we're here because that team listens to Skiles. When he kicks their ass in practice, they go out and play harder. When they don't get playing time, they work harder. When he says defend, they defend. And so on.

If Scott Skiles could not get along with Tim Thomas, then having Tim Thomas on this team would be murderous. We are here because this team is fighting every step of the way, and if they go down, they'll go down kicking and screaming. If Thomas wasn't willing to work hard, that would have dragged down every other person on that team. If 1 guy fought back against Skiles, it would have ruined the work he's done on the rest.

Scott Skiles got a team to the playoffs that by all rights shouldn't even be there, and he's put a genuine scare into the #2 team in the league. beach about Tyson Chandler's bad game all you want, but if you want Tim Thomas back, you might as well try to figure out who you'd be drafting with that 2nd lottery pick.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3 2006, 01:21 PM)
Wade scored 15 points on Kirk in a quarter and a half when the game mattered most, even after sustaining a hip pointer. He abused him, and then got Kirk rattled on the other end of the floor and started Kirk forcing shots and turning the ball over. He was as much of a key to the loss as anyone else, but hey, I guess we can blame that on Tyson as well, right?

Not sure where I was blaming tyson...

I'm just surprised Kirk was able to contain him as well as he did for so long. Great players like Wade are gonna do that, which is why we need a superstar so bad.

Face it, they lost that 4th as a team.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 3 2006, 01:52 PM)
If Tim Thomas is on this team and playing right now, we miss the playoffs. Absolutely guaranteed.

lol...

Interesting opinion.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3 2006, 12:01 PM)
lol...

Interesting opinion.

Ok small edit, "If Tim Thomas stayed on this team the whole season, we wouldn't be playing right now."
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3 2006, 01:59 PM)
Not sure where I was blaming tyson...

I'm just surprised Kirk was able to contain him as well as he did for so long. Great players like Wade are gonna do that, which is why we need a superstar so bad.

Face it, they lost that 4th as a team.

I have no doubts about that. That was my point exactly. But as usual only one person was getting called out, despite what happened in front of us.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 3 2006, 01:24 PM)
laugh.gif lmao good one

again, see my post on hinrich which I wrote last night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.